Minecraft!

Sousa

So given that I didn't realize that you lost ALL of your shit when you died now (it's a bug and Notch is apparently working on it), I died. And lost ALL of my shit. By which I mean every drop of iron I have.

It infuriated me enough that I started a new game. I'm going to give you guys rather frequent updates this time as to what I'm doing, what I'm finding, and what I'm doing with what I find.

I spawned in what appears to be a drier world than the last one--still lots of islands, but not really an archipelago. The grass is immediately different, which means I'm in a new biome. I head a little bit inland because my spawn point has no mountains and no coal. Cross a ravine. What do I find?

freakingSANDMOUNTAIN.png

FREAKING. SAND. MOUNTAIN.

Holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit biomes are sooooooooooooo good.

It's the first coal I find (and it's got surface lava, look!), so I set up base there. My camp is pretty high up. It's ridiculously easy to farm sand there--just knock out the ceiling and dig what falls out. And there's a forest nearby. I'm going to be doing fun things with glass in this world.

freakingSANDMOUNTAIN_2.png

The other side of Freaking Sand Mountain. Oh my garshk.

conquest_of_sand_mountain_001.png

It's certainly not a self-contained, self-sustaining fortress like I've got in my major world, but it's a hell of a start, with a cave nearby and much more interesting terrain. I think I'm going to keep this one.

Goddamnit, I've finally mastered the basics of this and there's probably no space on the server now>_>

The last time i checked a cupple of days ago the maximum number of players we had online was three. So you should be good.

I would just say everyone who plays on our server paypals me 2GBP. If we got money left over it´s used to renew the server next month or to buy further slots if we actualy get to many people playing ast once once. k?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So after this new world also geeked out, I started yet again. And once again, I got a desert biome. Here's roughly my spawn point.

lord_of_the_sands_001.png

I started with what we'd all recognize as a "traditional" Minecraft starting base.

lord_of_the_sands_002.png

I got bored with it, had a few temporary homes where I holed up, gathered some treasure, and headed back to the spawn point to try something different:

lord_of_the_sands_003.png

lord_of_the_sands_004.png

I'm experimenting with cacti as a natural wall structure! They grow to three height, and the desert biome is crawling with them. Best of all, unlike the fortress in my previous world, if I decide my walled-off area is too small, they're incredible easy to tear down and put back up... and they'll grow back naturally when replanted.

As a block, cacti behave strangely. They can't be placed side-by-side with anything even one block high (hence the moat), so I had to stagger them to make the wall. I think this is just because of the way the game handles damage--anything that can deal damage is technically an attack, and since every solid object in the world technically has "health," a cactus next to, say, a brick of sand would eventually hack away at the sand just like a shovel or a pick. I can't imagine they'll absorb much damage from asploding creepers, which means it might be a good idea to deepen and widen the moat a bit so they get knocked back underwater when hit. They do have a fun tendency to mow down animals, though, which is kind of fun.

I've changed my Jesus skin to something a bit more desert looking (yes, I know, Jesus + desert = not necessarily a no, but I picked Jesus for his carpentry, which I haven't done much in this world). The huge amount of sand in this biome has a ton of potential for non-traditional structures. I was thinking of going with a sort of invisible castle made of glass, but I imagine it'd be too easy to accidentally knock a wall down from an errant click considering how quickly glass goes up. Option 2 is to use workarounds (torches in particular) to make a genuine, man-sized sand casle. That sounds considerably more awesome.

I haven't really - so yay for that.

So the idea of hell is I can build a gate to get there, build a gate once I'm there and that'll basically allow me to travel great distances?

Yes. Every step in hell counts for sixteen on the surface, so providing you can dodge the lava and the burning blocks and the Ghasts then you can use it as a shortcut.

Well, it's been a little bit since I did a little update on my game.

Overview of my original base, which now has a huge added expansion to it.

mc1t.jpg

Here is the expansion :shifty: Inside the glass box is my tree farm, and you can see a small lava fountain I made in the back end of my corridor. I'm also growing two tree's on top.

mc2e.jpg

Only thing new about the original building is an added basement pool, for no good reason at all.

mc7z.jpg

After descending the stairs from the main building, here is where you end up. Door in the middle is the stairs, left and right lead to outside. To the right side of the picture is the ladder leading to what I've dubbed 'The Glass Ceiling'.

mc3eg.jpg

Self explainitory.

mc4l.jpg

Ye Ole Tree Farm (just thought of that name, need to update the sign :shifty:)

mc5q.jpg

And right in the middle of my tree farm, I decided to place a small pool. Then, I decided to dig a hidden mine directly in the center of said pool.

mc6y.jpg

Luckily, I managed to hit a small cavern with coal and iron about 10 blocks down. After that, and after a bit a lot more digging downwards, I found lava (hence the fountain) and followed up by finding an insanely large set of tunnels deep underground. Managed to find some gold, and a giant coal patch, but I'm too shitscared to venture too far down yet.

Forget Minecraft, this game is Minecrack.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

OK so. I was playing the other day, and got lost (as usual) in a cavern. Trying to dig my way out I suffocated myself in gravel and lost a lot of stuff, which was annoying. So annoying that I basically gave up on that and started a new game. Earlier, I thought "fuck that" and went back to the game I died in, because I had built myself a nice little home in an ocean cavern place, and went back down into the hole. And I managed to find my way back to where I got lost from! I unlost myself!

So now I have diamonds, redstone, gold, and floors of OBSIDIAN waiting for me when I next go down there! :D :D :D

I´ll look into it.

It´s going slow right now, they have a bunch of protection Mods instaled by default and are updating them. (actualy they already should be updated and i´ed only have to restart the server, but thats not working at the moment)

I´ll let you know once it is fixed, i asume it might be with in the houre or at least sometime during the day. Right now the server is just slow as hell, i guess because all the updates are running.

Minecraft - Halloween update

Oct 30 2010 23:32:11 by ShiningFalcon

With the Halloween update from Minecraft has just gone live, this currently causes the server to insta-crash when running plugins. We are currently talking to hey0 and trying to get plugins updated as quickly as possible.

Update @ 2010-10-31 01:29 hey0 has now released an updated version which is compatible with the Halloween update so we have rolled out an updated. To pick this you you need to restart your server. Please be aware that a number of hey0 plugins will need to be updated by their authors before they will correctly. As it stands we know llamacraft is one such plugin, which will crash the server if used in certain conditions.

Known Problem Addons / Plugins

The following plugins / addons will cause the server to crash if used until their authors update them to be compatible with the Halloween update. So please ensure you remove them for your server profile.

* All Llamacraft

* CraftIRC

* Runecraft

Fixed

* GriefAlert - A new version has been released and installed and should be working correctly now.

We only got GriefAlert and that Hey0 Admin stuff instaled.

These folks already payed.

Rocky Feller (payed) 1,70GBP

Hugar Twriker Eats Spam (payed) 1,70GBP

Sousakeem (payed) 1,70GBP

Michael Matzat (payed) 2GBP (no paypal fees in my pocket)

So it´s 6,10GBP. The price for one month is 8GBP. If one or two persons chip in we got the first month fully payed.

I have no idea what any of that is but at least you have an idea :P

There is a ton of Mods for online or offline play. This runecraft think is for magic for example. Other stuff is an in game e-mail system, a jail system to time ban people who do bad, a border system that somehow alows you to claim certain areas as you own (or at least have the admin asign em somehow), chat channels, mini maps, chest protection and so on.

I kept away from installing more than whats required by our host.

//Edit

The Server is now up and running again. I was able to log in. But have a little patiance if it dossent work for you at the first atempt, they seem to do a lot of updateing right now becaus of the halloween update. Stuff should be back to normals very soon if it issent right now already.