Minecraft!

Sousa

I'd be on the server more but I've found myself lost in the middle of nowhere and have spent the past few hours trying to find my starting position >_<

I trekked so far out that I found an entire forest full of untouched trees... and they spawned next to a lava cube... causing a huge forest fire just for exploring new territory :(

I'd be on the server more but I've found myself lost in the middle of nowhere and have spent the past few hours trying to find my starting position >_<

I trekked so far out that I found an entire forest full of untouched trees... and they spawned next to a lava cube... causing a huge forest fire just for exploring new territory :(

The halloween update brought a compas that always points into the direction of your spawnpoint.

I decided to go back down into my underwater tunnel and found a cave behind the waterfall I missed earlier.

Just spent the better of 2 hrs trying to find my way back out of it. Successful? Yes Where did the one of many caves lead me?

The long ass tunnel someone built in Asphams Mine, Can't find my back to where I started though :mellow: So back to the surface to start it again.

I have set up a mini hut along the shore about 50 odd clicks north from HUGARs compensating sign. It's in a random water pool.

Got a variety of items there. currently my main storage point for my foraging missions.

I decided to go back down into my underwater tunnel and found a cave behind the waterfall I missed earlier.

Just spent the better of 2 hrs trying to find my way back out of it. Successful? Yes Where did the one of many caves lead me?

The long ass tunnel someone built in Asphams Mine, Can't find my back to where I started though :mellow: So back to the surface to start it again.

I have set up a mini hut along the shore about 50 odd clicks north from HUGARs compensating sign. It's in a random water pool.

Got a variety of items there. currently my main storage point for my foraging missions.

I always endet up in hugars mine under apshamps house aswell for some reason.

So given how crazy the past couple of days have been, I thought I could use a break, so I set to work on my frozen lake.

I wasn't sure the direction I wanted to go. I knew I wanted the structure to be something other than another castle, especially not one with the intentionally tight, tomb-esque lower floors of the sand castle. I'd settled on snow as a primary building material, but I'm in for a hell of a lot of gathering if that's the case.

With no good ideas, I started around the portal and built up. The result looks pretty cool:

lord_of_the_sands_055.png

It was at this point that I realized that snow was not the only wintery-looking material out there. I'd already settled on the tile floor (made by double-stacking stone steps) to keep the grayish color scheme, but glass works well as a polished sort of ice, and cloth from sheep resembles sort of a dirty, matted snow:

lord_of_the_sands_056.png

For some reason, that's when it hit me.

So now I'm building a giant igloo.

lord_of_the_sands_057.png

There's a lot of work left to be done, but so far, so good. You might be able to make out the cobblestone smokestack on top. I'd mentioned before that the SkyDick™ at the sand castle lent it a sort of "mystical power source" look, and I'm going to stick with that with every structure I make. In this case, I wanted the igloo to look a little bit more crude, so I stacked up some cobblestone at the top, dropped in some netherstone, and set it on fire. Since it's part of the same tall pillar as the portal, the effect is that the power source is coming through the portal or something.

Yes, I'm a nerd, shut up. <_<

Nerd or not, that's pretty swank Sousa. Do water springs still freeze into ice of their own accord in snow biomes? I know snow doesn't fall any more so I'm wondering if the physics of snow biomes has changed.

If it still freezes, you should make your walls of this igloo out of ice. Like, literal ice. Not snow, not wool, ice.

How awesome would that be?

The wiki says that water doesn't freeze, which sucks, because I was all about that plan before. The good news is that the snow blocks don't melt when exposed to torches, so as long as I remember to take them down with a shovel instead of my hands if I need to make adjustments, this one should be a lot easier than the sand castle. The hard part's going to be gathering the materials, but that's nothing new.

Thanks, just renewed the Server. It´s now payed for untill: 26/02/2011

I am very bussy right now since i am leaving for work tomorrow, but wen i return i will put up a chart on how much was payed by whom untill now. I hope i´ll be able to restart the server if it is needed to after this weeks patch.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane