A Game About Games

Benji

Simple enough. One person asks a question, like "What was your first game?", the next person answers and asks another question, "What is your favourite game and why?" and so on and so forth, hopefully should get a bit of discussion going too.

What was the first game you ever played online?

I'm almost certain it was Gears of War on the Xbox 360. As in actually playing with complete strangers online, I can't think of anything else. It also remains the only example ever where I've made friends with guys entirely through playing the game. I still have a few of them around but I haven't played anything with them in ages.

Questions? I dunno. Most frustrated you've ever been with a video game?

Age of Empires II. This was our big LAN party game back at college--it was outdated at the time, but we could fire it up on virtually any computer on campus. Those were good times--oceans of Goth Huskarls sweeping across the landscape, absorbing arrows, destroying buildings, eating babies.

Do you prefer playing games on the PC, handheld systems, or a console? Why?

Erm....I worked in Gamestation for a year and a bit and there were a few midnight launches during that time. I've NEVER gone in for a midnight launch but the boss let me take GTA4 home with me and left the money on the side to pay in when they re-opened for the midnight launch. I just had to promise him not to go online until midnight.

I've gotten up for shop opening at 9am sometimes though - Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider 2, Gran Turismo 2.....I snaffled plenty a day early at Gamestation too.

Question: Favourite graphics in a game?

I got EXTREMELY frustrated the other night with F1 2010 when I was doing excellently in 13th place when Schmacher did a Schumacher on me, side swiping me off into a spin and I GOT THE BLACK FLAG FOR IT. NGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Oh, and the hiring the driver mission on Vice City....and the big boss on Heavenly Sword.

Insightful DJ. Mine is Final Fantasy 9, I played for 4 hours at the end of Disc 2, then the game froze without saving. I didn't play it again until years later on an emulator.

What's the first game you ever played?

Didn't see the other question :(

First game..... Either Lara Croft or F1 97/98 or something

Insightful DJ. Mine is Final Fantasy 9, I played for 4 hours at the end of Disc 2, then the game froze without saving. I didn't play it again until years later on an emulator.

What's the first game you ever played?

Didn't see the other question :(

First game..... Either Lara Croft or F1 97/98 or something

... somebody doesn't get the point of this thread.

What is the absolute worst game you've ever played?

Alpha Protocall.....I got this game, super hyped up for it and BAM! It's a load of shit. I played it once before I traded it in.

Maybe not the worst I've played, but it's the most recent in my mind.

What gaming moment gave you the most satisfaction?

Not technically a boss, but Freebird on Guitar Hero 2 was really pleasing to finish. Me and my best mate at uni spent HOURS trying to do it in co-op mode on the hardest difficulty and eventually when we did it, it felt good.

Favourite multiplayer moment?

Mine is when myself and two other close mates were playing a three-way ladder match in No Mercy on the 64 and it went on so long that the clock reset. Finally my CAW, Genacyde, delivered double devastating upper-cuts to each opponent and scaled the ladder to victory. Then calling them both bitches. Very satisfying.

Even though I never get online anymore for SVR, probably my favorite moment was when I joined in a triple threat match on '10 and it turned out they were doing some double team thing by only attacking me. I was Orton while they were Triple H and Chris Jericho. They were beating down on me for a good 15 minutes before I caught then off guard with a couple clotheslines and powerslams. I was able to knock one out of the ring and hit the backbreaker special on Jericho. Once I had my finisher, HHH ran in and I was able to land an RKO on him for the win. Fun moment where payback actually happened.

What is one game you are anticipating the most?