A Game About Games

Benji

I think I may have discussed this before somewhere - a Star Wars RTS with the Total War game engine. It's not particularly a crossover per se (unless you were given the option to fight as, say, a Jedi commander on the front line), but the thought of flanking a group of stormtroopers with a fucking Wookie platoon would be amazing, IMO. And I'm not even that bothered about Star Wars.

Who is your favourite video game protagonist?

Hmm, I fancied some of the other questions. I'll answer them too I think.

Earliest gaming memory is probably at my cousins house playing a football management game on the ZX Spectrum.

Most played game is either Oblivion, Sensible World of Soccer, one of the Football/Championship Managers, Graham Gooch's Cricket or Pro Cycling Manager on the PSP.

My favourite protagonist is without doubt Solid Snake,

I also really got behind Ethan Mars in Heavy Rain.

Most embarrassing gaming moment?

Playing Left 4 Dead with Kaney, Ellis, and I think Fitzy......Kaney and myself were arguing, and I turned down the mic so I couldn't hear LL (he was in the party chat) someone spoil something. I forgot I turned it down, and apparently Kaney was trying to tell me something, got pissed, and killed me >_<

Last achievement/trophy you unlocked?

I left most of my old games in the UK because they wouldn't be played here. The oldest game I have with me is Theme Hospital for the PC.

Favourite gaming accessory that isn't a straight forward controller?

Definitely the Nintendo Scope or the NAMCO lightgun, both of them were awesome. Plus the NAMCO gun allowed me to play Point Blank in my home w00t.gif

Favourite soundtrack?

Mine would either be Street Sk8ter, Tony Hawks 1 or 2 or the original Gran Turismo, such killer tracks that I still listen to today.

I have a few. Final Fantasy 9 has a few stand out tracks for me and the Pokémon battle theme from R/B/Y gets me hyped whenever I hear it. Although the winner would have to be Super Smash Bros Brawl, it took the best tracks from all the top Nintendo titles and either made them better or left them as is. Glorious.

Favourite Game Series?

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. More specifically, MY Commander Shepard, the smart ass/bad ass who doesn't take shit from anyone, but has a soft spot for the people on her team.

What's your favorite video game storyline?

Shadow Moses from Metal Gear Solid. Just absolutely epic from start to finish. Snake would also have been my number one protagonist so oh well >_>

Favourite boss fights? Like, you'd play the entire game against just because that one boss was so awesome.

Sephiroth, because of hype backlash. He is not the end-all be-all of video game villains, he's a pretty, long-haired mama's boy with a neat-looking sword.

Favorite RPG?

Playing Prototype last year while it was storming.....power flashes for a second and BAM! My system red rings :o

I panic, turn off the system, wait a minute....and it's all good ^_^

More recently: Playing Halflife 2, trying to go through that zombie place with only the grav-gun kills....easy enough until the faster fuckers come. Scary! And whenever Nemisis showed up in Resident Evil 3.

Which franchise needs a reboot?

The Road Rash Series. Maybe it's blind nostalgia on my part, but it was a lot of fun and could work nicely with better graphics and animation

Most time spent on a game?

Edited by regia

Either Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time(I think I had 2-3 saves with EVERYTHING found), or Oblivion(one save alone was over 200 hours, and had various other saves ranging from 20-90 hours.)

EDIT: Ah, DJ ICE got in before me. To answer his question...Dynasty Warriors 5 or 6. Horrible.

As for my question, what is your favorite "OH SHIT!" moment. Whether it's storyline based or just random messing around.