Albums with folk influence

Benji

I've noticed I tend to like some music with a folkish/regional sound at the moment (if that's really the way to describe what I'm looking for). For example; the Russian folk influence on Green Day's "Warning" and some songs from "21st Century Breakdown", the Irish folk sounds of Tom Morello's Nightwatchman project, the latin/Mexican folskyness of Brandon Flowers' "Flamingo" album.

Looking for more stuff with that influence, where it's not necesarilly folk music, but has clear influences in the sound.

Might be a bit more leaning towards folk; but obviously Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling are always worth checking out. Marling has clear folk routes, so you might not like it, but I'd always give her a shout.

And Bombay Bicycle Club have some folk routes, more so on their second album.

Would Murder By Death work? They sound like the Old West.

Beirut? His debut album was very 'Eastern European' folky and his 2nd was very 'French'.

You've got all those heartland rock 'rebirth'/americana style bands. Sort of like The Gaslight Anthem, but with more folky leanings, like; Lucero, Gasoline Heart, The Loved Ones, Queen City Station etc.

You've got all the folk-punk bands as well. (Early) Against Me!, Defiance Ohio, Pedals On Our Pirate Ships, Andrew Jackson Jihad, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, Wingnutt Dishwasher's Union, ONSIND etc.

The top two (MBD & Beirut) would be my major two tips. Then Lucero.

Edited by YI