EWB's 25 Favorite Simpsons Episodes! The List!

Sousa

Hey guys, remember that thing I started way back in October, nearly three months ago?

Let's see how that panned out, shall we?

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Title.jpg

EWB's 25 Favorite Simpsons Episodes!

Let's get right into it!

Simpsons_Roasting.png

25. Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire (Season 1)

(14 points; 2 votes)

What Happens: After losing his Christmas bonus and spending a chunk of change removing a tattoo from Bart, Homer takes a job as a mall Santa to scrape together a little extra money. When that doesn't pan out, he and Bart bet the farm on a dog at the track named Santa's Little Helper, who loses miserably. Finally, they end up adopting the dog and taking him home. So begins a legend.

Why It's Here: First episode ever! Excluding the Tracey Ullman Show shorts, this was our introduction to America's favorite oddly yellow cartoon family. It's funny, it's heartwarming, and it's the first sighting of everyone's favorite oddball pooch, Santa's Little Helper.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: There's just something magical about the line Boulder quoted: "But he's a loser! He's pathetic! He's... a Simpsons!" But keeping in mind that I was six when this episode came out, I can testify that "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg" was a defining moment in many a young life.

feedingondoughnutsxz5.jpg

24. Treehouse of Horror IV (Season 5)

(14 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: A three-parter, as usual! In "The Devil and Homer Simpson," Homer sells his soul to Satan (who is, of course, Ned Flanders) in exchange for a doughnut. In "Terror at 5 1/5 Feet," a gremlin attacks the school bus and Bart plays Shatner in a Twilight Zone send-up. And in "Bart Simpson's Dracula," Mr. Burns is a vampire with class and subtlety.

Why It's Here: Halloween episodes can be hit or miss, and to be honest, this one's not my favorite. The last two bits are a little flat. However, "The Devil and Homer Simpson" is a stone-cold classic without a single dull moment in it, and it makes up for the rest by a wide margin.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: As pictured above. "So you like doughnuts, eh? Well, HAVE ALL THE DOUGHNUTS IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!"

02---Homer_Blueprints-thumb-350x228.jpg

23. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? (Season 2)

(14 points; 4 votes)

What Happens: Homer tracks down his long-lost half-brother Herb, who is a successful, charming car salesman with hair played by Bruce WillisDanny DeVito. Herb, seeing Homer as the "common man," recruits him to design a car for the average Joe. It's pretty obvious how it turns out from here.

Why It's Here: It's a show with a believable pitch, an excellent build, and a hell of a punch line in the last sequence. The entire ending to the episode is absolutely inspired, and while it falls into a broad category of "ha ha, Homer's an idiot," never before has it been pulled off with such poise.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: It's tough not to give the title to the "tell them the opposite of what you just said" phone call ("Oh, and his personal hygiene is above reproach!"), but I've got to give it to Homer getting on to the scientists in the lab. "I want a horn here, here, here, and here. You can never find a horn when you're angry! And they should all play 'La Cucaracha'!"

Aliensimpsons.png

20. (tie) The Springfield Files (Season 8)

(16 points; 2 votes)

What Happens: Leonard Nimoy tells the story of Homer's strange encounter with an alien in the back woods of Springfield. In a rare crossover with another popular Fox show, Mulder and Scully of The X-Files show up to investigate. Then it turns out it was Mr. Burns the whole time.

Why It's Here: By the time Season 8 rolled around, the writing team started turning out a lot of episodes that were less about the saga of a semi-average American family and more about how many jokes they could squeeze into a 20-minute period. Some didn't work (Notice that nobody voted for the stupid film festival episode? Yeah.). This one definitely did. A great crossover with the usual awesome David Duchovny deadpan comedy, and of course Spock kicked ass as well.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Homer runs into billboard: DIE. Homer screams. Wind blows tree branches away to reveal entire billboard: DIET. Homer screams and runs.

bartthemurderer5.png

20. (tie) Bart the Murderer (Season 3)

(16 points; 2 votes)

What Happens: Bart stumbles on the secret Legitimate Businessman's Social Club of Fat Tony and his Mafia goons, who make him their official bartender and gopher. When Principal Skinner goes missing, the mobsters frame Bart for murder. Of course, Skinner's not dead at all.

Why It's Here: Bart's turn as a mobster is something to behold. This was one of the earliest appearances of Fat Tony, Legs, Louie, and the rest of the Springfield Mafia, and it's a good one, a great parody of the mob genre.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "Blood on the Blackboard: The Bart Simpson Story! Starring Richard Chamberlain as Principal Skinner, Joe Montegna as Fat Tony, Jane Seymour as the woman he loved, and TV's Doogie Howser--Neil Patrick Harris--as Bart Simpson!"

simpsons3.jpg

20. (tie) And Maggie Makes Three (Season 7)

(16 points; 2 votes)

What Happens: Homer tells the story of Maggie's birth, his job as a pin monkey at the Bowl-O-Rama, and how he and little Joey will make it to California someday.

Why It's Here: Well, I put it at the top of my list because it pushes all the right buttons for me as a father: it's the story about the sacrifices a good dad has to make, whether he wants to or not, to support the family he loves. It's about giving up your dreams to do what's right. And it's also funny as hell in the meantime. "It's a boy... and what a boy!" "Um, that's the umbilical cord."

Sousa's Favorite Bit: I gave a nod to the last sequence in the picture, so I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up Homer misinterpreting Apu and Moe's congratulations. "Hey, Homer, way to get Marge pregnant!" "This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!"

COMING UP: We find out if the goggles are effective.

• Like 3

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Some great one's that I'm glad to see made the list, especially Oh Brother, Where Art Thou and Bart the Murderer!

Ye's there are some great one's in thi's list to get u's started.

Krusty+Gets+Kancelled1.png

19. Krusty Gets Kancelled (Season 4)

(16 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: When a new ventriloquist puppet (GABBO! GABBO! GABBO!) threatens to destroy everything Krusty the Clown has worked to achieve, Bart and Lisa grab his address book and begin gathering celebrities from Luke Perry to Johnny Carson to the Red Hot Chili Peppers to help out in the Krusty comeback special.

Why It's Here: The Simpsons has used celebrities in the past, and in recent years it's developed a reputation of using them as a crutch. Not so here: this was an all-out star-studded extravaganza, every bit as charming and self-deprecating as the best Simpsons episodes, and chock full of quotable lines.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: I love Snake's "Oh, no! Bette Midler!" I love Gabbo's hatred for all of the little SOBs of Springfield. However, nothing for me can top Johnny Carson as a car-juggling, accordion-playing man of mystery.

thirty_minutes_over_tokyo.png

18. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo (Season 10)

(17 points; 2 votes)

What Happens: The typical late-season circuitous sequence of random stuff sees our favorite family take a trip to Japan. Through a variety of more random stuff happening, they end up broke and are forced to go on Japan's most popular game show/pretense for torture of guests, The Happy Smile Super Challenge Family Wish Show, in order to earn their trip home.

Why It's Here: Because OctoberRavenO likes things that are crazy and involve Japan in some way. <_< Nah, I like this one. It's one of the latest episodes to show up on this list, but as a crazy series of gags, it works well.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Either Homer bursting through the rice curtain walls to go from room to room or "Knife goes in; guts come out! Knife goes in; guts come out!"

55513.jpg

17. Homer the Heretic (Season 4)

(17 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: Homer opts out of going to church one Sunday and learns--as we all already know--that it's basically the best thing in the world. Homer chats it up with God, but when his house catches fire, it's up to a rainbow coalition of the world's religions to save his life! Can they do it? Did this show continue for another fifteen plus seasons?

Why It's Here: If you ask me, season four is right about when the show hits its stride, and this is a great one--it's got great lines, and it tells a good story about religious tolerance without necessarily letting up on the church in its final act. It's gutsy and ahead of its time.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Every part where Homer rationalizes staying home to God is tremendous, but Reverend Lovejoy describing Apu's religion as "miscellaneous" seals it for me.

radioactive-man1.png

16. Radio Man (RADIOACTIVE MAN, STUPID!) (Season 7)

(18 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: A group of Hollywood bigshots pick Springfield to put together a movie version of Bart's favorite comic book character, Radioactive Man, and Milhouse is cast as Radioactive Man's sidekick Fallout Boy. Later, Mickey Rooney shows up.

Why It's Here: God damn, how did this one not get more votes? Why didn't I vote for this one? Top to bottom, this one is stacked. The jokes hit nearly 100% of the time, Rainier Wolfcastle as Radioactive Man is a riot ("UP AND AT THEM!"), and Mayor Quimby's repeated attempts to fleece the producers out of their money make for a tremendous running gag ("I meant a tax on not wearing puffy pants!").

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Oh come on, seriously, you have to ask?

COMING UP: Something something, Burt Ward!

• Like 2

And Maggie Makes Three is probably one of my favourite episodes ever, so glad to see it's here. I didn't vote >_>

I've seen hundreds of episodes at random on Sky One, so it's difficult to place an episode in a certain season or whatever, but I recieved Season 11 (for some reason) for christmas, so I've been working through that. Might start picking up the others, because there are some absolute gems in the Simpsons back catalogue, despite any recent tarnishings.

can't wait for Marge vs. the Monorail to win.

I mean, what?

I just watched that episode the other day and it's so chock full of quotables.

• Like 1

mr_plow_3_from_9f07.jpg

15. Mr. Plow (Season 4)

(19 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: After wrecking both of the family cars, Homer buys a snow plow at an auto trade show and sets to work saving Springfield from its harsh winter snow as Mr. Plow. When Barney enters the fray in an even bigger plow as the Plow King, things get personal between two best buds.

Why It's Here: Seriously, season four, man. This is one of those episodes that's synonymous with the whole series, and not just because of the Mr. Plow song. The jokes hit the high marks, both of the celebrities are a riot, and there's something strangely awesome about Marge going moist for the Mr. Plow jacket. :pervert:

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Adam West, Adam West, a thousand times Adam West. "And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?"

3.jpg

14. Lisa's Substitute (Season 2)

(23 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: A substitute teacher who is totally not Dustin Hoffman fills in for Miss Hoover, and he's the prototypical movie teacher: inspiring, charming, and perpetually insightful. Meanwhile, Bart runs for class president against Martin Prince in the best subplot ever.

Why It's Here: The story of Mr. Bergstrom and Lisa is one of those great tender moments that doesn't always work on the show. Here it pays off because we like Mr. Bergstrom, and Lisa's crush on him is entirely justified. And on the side, you've got Bart and Homer running smear tactics on Martin Prince's attempt to run a clean campaign, with a hilarious payoff at the end.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: I actually use the "Feel free to make fun of my name if you want. Two suggestions are Mr. Nerdstrom and Mr. Boogerstrom." bit on the first day of all of my classes using my own name, so let's go with that.

simpsons-the-complete-fifth-season-the-20041217115306548.jpg

13. Homer's Barbershop Quartet (Season 5)

(24 points; 4 votes)

What Happens: Homer tells the story of his old barbershop quartet with Apu, Principal Skinner, and bafflingly talented classically trained singer Barney. Together they tour the world in a Beatles send-up that ends roughly the same way.

Why It's Here: "Baby on Board" is the obvious answer--a fun, catchy ditty that's well built through the whole episode. The writing is spot-on here as well, and the Beatles tributes are funny as hell.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: I acknowledged two in the coming up part and the picture ("Barbershop is in danger of growing stale! I'm taking it to straaaaange new places!"), but I love the auditions. Especially Jasper's. "It's the theeeeeeeeeeeeeeme from a suuuuuuuuuuuuuummer plaaaaaaaaaaaaace..."

Poochie.jpeg

12. The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show (Season 8)

(27 points; 4 votes)

What Happens: As ratings and viewer interest begin to decline, Roger Meyers Jr. elects to add a new character to The Itchy and Scratchy Show: noted totally rad 90's dog Poochie. And, of course, Homer ends up providing the voice for Poochie because that's the kind of show this is. And, of course, Poochie fails miserably.

Why It's Here: To piss off Emperor Fuckshit. But on the more serious front, I think people like it because it's biting and a little bit hateful; it turns its satire on lazy writers, cynical TV producers, and obsessed nerds alike. No one is spared. The earth is razed. And they never get to the fireworks factory.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine."

Rasahggitcotfh.JPG

11. Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish" (Season 7)

(27 points; 5 votes)

What Happens: Grandpa Simpson reveals a secret from his war days: he and Mr. Burns are the last two members of his unit, the legendary Flying Hellfish, who are still alive; the last of the two to live will receive a treasure trove of stolen Nazi artwork. Of course, this means that Mr. Burns--at his most diabolical--tries to put an end to Grandpa.

Why It's Here: This one's got it all. It's a tremendous popcorn-munching thrill ride, with genuine action, suspense, and danger... mostly played out by two very old and infirm men. It's got lots of Grandpa in it being Grandpa, but at the same time it validates his improbable, crazy stories... a little. It's got good gags and a hilarious incidental assassin ("Ah. Del Monte. Enjoy them, old man. They will be your last."). It's just fucking great.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Every single bit with Fernando Vidal the assassin, but in particular he, Mr. Burns, and Smithers dressing up as the Simpsons family. I'll be in the car, dudes.

COMING UP: The best damn pet shop in town!

• Like 2

It's top ten time!

213.jpg

10. Lisa's First Word (Season 4)

(28 points; 3 votes)

What Happens: Homer and Marge tell the story of Lisa's first word, but more than that, this is the story of wacky two-year-old Bart Simpson being a total maniac. While Bart shaves his baby sister's head, tries to mail her away, and shoves her in the mailbox, eventually, she says her very first word: "Bart!"

Why It's Here: This is another one of those great tender moment episodes, hitting the dynamic of "Yeah, they're mean to each other, but they're still a family and love each other" perfectly. There's something just really nice about Lisa and Bart hitting it off, and, of course, Maggie saying "Dad-dy" at the end in a great "hey is somebody cutting onions what the hell" moment.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: And yet, in the midst of all of that nice stuff, Sousa gives the nod to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWBhnsMH4dI

IRON HELPS US PLAY!

rexbanner.jpg

9. Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment (Season 8)

(32 points; 6 votes)

What Happens: After Bart inadvertently gets drunk at the St. Patrick's Day parade, Mayor Quimby discovers that a prohibition law has been in effect in Springfield for over a hundred years. In response, Homer goes underground, smuggling and later bootlegging liquor to speakeasies all over town. Of course, agent Rex Banner of the U.S. Treasury steps in and vows to stop the mysterious Beer Baron, and that's when things get wacky.

Why It's Here: This is 10% wacky Homer shenanigans, 10% funny send-up of old crime movies, and 80% Rex Banner. I think one of the key to the success of The Simpsons is its ability to create these incidental characters who are hilarious in their own ways. Banner's perpetual deadpan in the face of typical Springfield shenanigans is pitch-perfect and the reason you need to go watch this one right now.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "Well, if you mean the Root Beer Baron, then I'm guil-diddly-uilty as char-diddly-arged!" "He's not the Beer Baron, but he sounds drunk! Take him in!"

simpsonsgood34.jpg

8. Homer at the Bat (Season 3)

(42 points; 9 votes)

What Happens: While Homer leads the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball team to a winning season and a shot at the championship, Mr. Burns decides to bring in a few ringers to hire at the plant: a who's who of Major League Baseball's best and brightest circa 1992. While the pros outshine Homer at every opportunity, it ultimately falls back on our hero to win the game.

Why It's Here: Once again, there was a time when this show did guest stars right. This isn't ultimately about what it would be like if the likes of Ozzie Smith, Don Mattingly, and Ken Griffey Jr. came to Springfield; it's the story of ridiculous caricatures of these people falling victim to ridiculous circumstances. It's also the story of Darryl Strawberry being a stand-up guy and a model athlete, which was really fucking funny at the time.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "Unless, of course, my nine all-stars fall victim to nine separate misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three misfortunes? That's possible. Seven misfortunes? There's an outside chance. But NINE misfortunes? I'd like to see that!" Basically, everything from then on.

176_HomersEnemy.jpg

7. Homer's Enemy (Season 8)

(43 points; 6 votes)

What Happens: Inspired by seeing the story of his arduous journey through life on the news, Mr. Burns hires Frank Grimes, "the self-made man," to work at the power plant. Of course, this forces Grimes to work alongside Homer Simpson, who has by all accounts breezed through life on his own laziness and has done it all in the meantime. "Grimey" as he would like to be called tries again and again to prove that Homer's a fraud, but, of course, that never pans out well.

Why It's Here: The funny thing about Frank Grimes is that he's ultimately right: Homer is incompetent, lazy, and careless, but somehow, he seems to get the better end of life every moment of every day. Seeing Grimes' escalating rage at the plant's continued refusal to call Homer out on the life he lives is a riot--even if it is a little mean-spirited.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "But it was a contest for children!" "Yeah, and Homer beat their brains out!"

9f15_022.jpg

6. Last Exit to Springfield (Season 4)

(46 points; 7 votes)

What Happens: When Mr. Burns takes away the power plant workers' dental plans, Homer rises up to lead the union and go on strike so that he can afford proper braces for Lisa. Burns and Homer go to war, with Burns cutting power to the whole town in an attempt to shut down the picket line. Of course, it doesn't work. Lisa gets her braces. Of course.

Why It's Here: Let me break it down for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9Yibf_UXE

But more than that, it's just off-the-wall hilarious. We're rooting for Homer against Mr. Burns, and of course he's his usual hapless self. Lisa's fate--with the huge, hideous set of braces--is funny as hell.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Despite aforementioned insistence that Lisa needs braces (DENTAL PLAN), nothing can top Homer imagining himself as a mob boss.

COMING UP: Huh. Shakes. You don't know what you're gettin'.

Homer_The_Great3.jpg

5. Homer the Great (Season 6)

(47 points; 9 votes)

What Happens: When Homer finds out that Lenny and Carl have been getting special benefits because of their membership of the secretive organization known as The Stonecutters, Homer decides he wants in. Ultimately, after humiliating himself when gaining membership, The Stonecutters learn that a birthmark on his ass means that Homer is their Chosen One. Attach the Stone of Triumph!

Why It's Here: It's a little bit wacky gags, a little bit Patrick Stewart as Number One, a little bit good lines ("But you let Homer Glumplick in!"), and a lot of Homer being Homer. Homer was really at his peak as lovable lazy dad at this point, and seeing him in this sort of environment was fresh and funny. Plus, seriously, how many TV shows do a send-up of the Freemasons? That's gotta count for something.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Oh, so many. The Paddling of the Swollen Ass... with Paddles? The Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers? Getting a bunch of monkeys together and making them re-enact the Civil War? WEEEEEE DOOOOO, WEEEE DOOOOOO? I'm afraid I have to disagree with Jack, Orville, aaaaaaaand Mister and give it to the Stonecutters World Council.

amazing_cool_weird_crazy_offbeat_diebartdie_20090724125715345.jpg

4. Cape Feare (Season 5)

(51 points; 8 votes)

What Happens: Sideshow Bob has had enough of Bart Simpson thwarting his plans to frame Krusty the Clown and kill Aunt Selma, and after receiving parole, he begins his life's quest to kill Bart. While misfortune after misfortune eventually foils Bob as he chases Bart and the family across the country, he eventually corners him on a boat, performs the entire score to the H.M.S. Pinafore, and is brought to justice.

Why It's Here: The rake scene, really, but Bob's run in this episode is almost Wile E. Coyote-esque and is a total riot. Homer storming into Bart's room in the hockey mask is a favorite. "No, it's German! It says The Bart... The!" Just full of great stuff.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Terror Lake Celebrates Hannibal Crossing the Alps!

simps_hams.JPG

3. 22 Short Films About Springfield (Season 7)

(55 points; 8 votes)

What Happens: A lot happens, but it's basically what it says on the tin: a whole lot of stories that tie together in a Pulp Fiction-esque way.

Why It's Here: Beyond the great one-time characters, another great strength of The Simpsons has always been its strong cast of secondary recurring characters, from Hans Moleman to Bumblebee Man to Herman at the gun store. Since the show's been around for twenty-one seasons, nearly all of these guys have gotten their own episodes by now (even Gil for fuck's sake!), but before all that happened, this was the best place to see them in action. What's great is not just how they all tie together, but how nearly all of them are good, from Apu the Jolly Bengali straight through to Nelson getting his.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: Everyone's going to chastise me for not going with Skinner's lunch with Superintendent Chalmers ("No, Mother, it's just the Northern Lights!"), but god damn it, every time I hear "DO YOU FIND SOMETHING COMICAL ABOUT MY APPEARANCE WHEN I'M DRIVING MY AUTOMOBILE?" I get the giggles.

COMING UP: Only two possible episodes were ever going to win this thing. One of them demolished the other. You'll find out which one shortly!

• Like 1

I was going to praise you for how quickly you're doing this thing as opposed to most other lists which drag on for forever, but then I remembered we've been waiting on this for three fucking months.

So hurry up, you :@

• Like 1

So far, four of my picks made the list ("Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire," "Homer the Heretic," "Treehouse of Horror IV," and "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?") and they were all pretty early on, so I was a bit surprised I didn't see more pop up as we went along. I didn't check out everybody else's votes, so I don't know what to expect, but if "Deep Space Homer" and "Stark Raving Dad" aren't one and two (and probably in that order) you people are nuts.

tumblr_kp4e6wjerz1qzvd84o1_500.jpg

2. Marge vs. the Monorail (Season 4)

(70 points; 9 votes)

What Happens: When three million dollars end up in Springfield's lap, the town decides to revamp its transportation grid thanks to the sale of the Harold Hill-esque Lyle Lanley, who sells them on a genuine, bonafide, electrified six-car monorail. While Marge goes on a quest to find out the truth about Lanley and his scam (here's a hint: money and dead people are involved), Homer is thrilled to have won the job as conductor of the monorail. The monorail's designer saves the day, and Leonard Nimoy teleports back to the Enterprise.

Why It's Here: The monorail song, for one. This is one of those great Phil Hartman roles and a great send-up to The Music Man. Leonard Nimoy is pitch-perfect as the weirdo celebrity of the day, and for once it's a rare story where Marge saves the day. Did I mention the song? The song is great.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: "Mono means one and rail means rail!"

And, of course, the one that was never going to lose...

homer.jpg

1. You Only Move Twice (Season 8)

(136 points; 18 votes [seriously!])

What Happens: When Homer is offered a job at the secretive Globex Corporation, he and the family move to the hi-tech community of Cypress Creek. While Homer takes to his new job under the charming and gregarious Hank Scorpio, the rest of the family suffers: Bart falls behind in school, Marge is bored in the self-cleaning house, and Lisa suffers severe allergies. Finally, Homer agrees to move the family back to Springfield, and everything goes back to normal.

Why It's Here: Did I mention that Hank Scorpio is a god-damned supervillain and is the funniest one-time character the show's ever had? No? Because that's kind of important, because Albert Brooks's Scorpio steals the show every time he's on the screen. The slow reveal of his plans and Homer's obliviousness to them is probably the funniest thing this show has ever done, capped off with Homer scratching his ass while Scorpio threatens the UN, tackling James Bond before he can escape, and sadly sulking off to move back home as Scorpio and his goons engage in a firefight with military agents. It's fucking great. If you've never seen it, stop reading this and go read it.

Sousa's Favorite Bit: The whole episode. I can't even pick. Even the non-Scorpio bits--including Homer buying Tom Landry's hat ("The Lord gave us the atoms and it's our job to make 'em dance!")--are great. But Scorpio, man. The entire hammock scene. Wow.

COMING UP: People complaining about placement on the list!

You're all fucking heretics, and I delcare this list invalid and my list where Marge vs. The Monorail wins to be the One True List.

Wow, I was way off. How does "Deep Space Homer" not even make the Top 25?!?

It was a solid #11 on my list. I tried to make room for it but couldn't. I suspect a lot of these kids who voted for stuff like the Japan one haven't seen it. <_<