Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters

sahyder1

24 members have voted

1. 1. Plan on buying it?

Augusta National will finally be on the game. I am not a big Tiger Woods guy but due to a lack of good golf games out there I have bought a couple of these over the years. This year I'll be getting it for the first time in about 3 years I think. They have added in the ability to save in the middle of a round (thankfully) and I read somewhere that the broadcast experience was also overhauled.

Game is available for pre-order and comes out in March. Anyone else buying it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know what I've come to notice about these games? How fucking shit the trophies/achievements are compared to the Jon Daly game.

If this one has a set that's different and provides a more exciting challenge than 10 and 11, I might pick it up when the price drops a little.

It's official, I will have nothing to do this spring but play Augusta on my wall, my video game bucket list is slowly coming to a close.

Those who have a Wii would do themselves well to pick this up after last years stellar version, then again the other guys got MoCon now, eh still getting this release day.

• 3 months later...

Out of all the crap EA Sports shoves onto the Wii, Tiger is consistently the best title of the year and this year being no exception, with the great improvement of the Wii Motion Plus from 10 to 11 and making it a bit more responsive for 12 along with adding Balance Board Support to add more realism to the game, I find myself playing a round of 18 a couple times a day.

Oh and all the courses you'd either have to buy or get the Special Edition to be able to play them right out of the box is also one of the many reasons the Wii version of Tiger will always be superior to the HD Console counterparts.

Haven't picked this up yet but who else has? How is compared to last years game? I got my hands on a copy of last years game about a month ago but haven't had the chance to play that yet either.

Anyone here playing their Masters tournament today?

Yeah, watching The Masters at the moment has really got me into getting this game. Question about Move, I'd use the Move controller predominantly right handed but play golf lefty. Would there have to be settings being changed all over the place or would Move automatically pick up the swing regardless of settings. That is if you have to set your dominant. That always confused me on the Wii!

Yeah, watching The Masters at the moment has really got me into getting this game. Question about Move, I'd use the Move controller predominantly right handed but play golf lefty. Would there have to be settings being changed all over the place or would Move automatically pick up the swing regardless of settings. That is if you have to set your dominant. That always confused me on the Wii!

The Wii Version asks you what you are before you start a Play Now game, and/or you set it when you create your character, pretty sure thats universal for the series.

I got it on launch for 360. Can't really compare to older versions as I've not properly played one since '09, but it's very pretty and it's a laugh. My only gripe is that it doesn't really help you set up your own shot, you either have the caddy option or you're left in the cold, there's no explanation on what certain things on the HUD mean, whether certain things are adjusted for wind or not etc. Means I'm essentially just using the caddy as more of a crutch and less of a training wheel.

Seconding what Dragsy said. As you complete course objectives your caddy gets better at each course, but in RTTM you aren't really playing the same courses often enough to get good at them.

There's a practice swing option that you should really wear out. It's so much easier to succeed when you get that 70% swing down to a science before the money swing vs. hoping to pick up on it as the rounds go by.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing it to death over the weekend, and today - the addition of the caddie is a good one, I tend to go with his recommendations, then purposely bring the trigger up slightly right or left to get nearer the pin.

Naturally, my guy still blows, but I'm on the PGA Tour now, and ended up 5th in the first tournament I played, 3 behind Padraig Harrington who won with -5. And in the one I just finished off at Scottsdale, I got back to +1 after being +3 at the end of the first round. It was good enough for 9th position.

The two top 10's have been enough to get me to 20 in the FedEx standings, and something like 157 in the EA rankings. There's one more tournament I can play before The Masters itself, so I'm hoping a win there might be enough to take me up the ladder enough to squeeze in.

I've found it's the hardest TW game to putt on, or at least, the one with the steepest learning curve. On the previous two games, using the classic putter was easy, but it encourages you to use the precision putting system on this, and it works well for me. I very rarely 3 putt holes, and if I do it's because of carelessness on my part when pulling the trigger back up, as opposed to failing to judge the pace.

So, if there's anyone still playing who isn't too good (shifty.gif) I'm up for a game any time on PS3.