DC Universe Online

rocksta

You creat your own character. (you can lock the look, so amor and clothing dos not afeckt the way you look)

In missions (that mostly felt very singleplayer game in an MMO to me) you can end up fighting with or against villans or superheros. Or they give you mission objektives.

There also is Legends PVP in wich you are able to play as DC Characters. (you have to unlock most of em first)

It's made by the people who did City of Heroes IIRC, so it should be pretty good.

Bought it today and it is taking for-fucking-ever to set up. 15 minutes to do the usual PS3 install, about 40 minutes to do some initial downloading, then some asset checks, and now it's downloading something else which has taken nearly half an hour to do 30%. It best be fucking worth it.

• Like 1

Bought it today and it is taking for-fucking-ever to set up. 15 minutes to do the usual PS3 install, about 40 minutes to do some initial downloading, then some asset checks, and now it's downloading something else which has taken nearly half an hour to do 30%. It best be fucking worth it.

I rushed out of my job to get this and it's taking forever to install, so I feel your pain.

I watched some videos and such from the beta and it looked interesting. Almost like a crackdown MMO. So I'm in the process of downloading it now, anyone else picking/pick it up? Maybe i could roll a character on the same server and we could get some stuff done together.

Rocksta! Have you got it?

If they have a PC trial, I may give it a shot if you have it .

I would tell you guys if it's worth it, but I've still not gotten to play. Updating took three and a half hours, then after creating my character, it went to go to the tutorial and the server died, crashing my console. I get up to play this morning and there's ANOTHER title update (130mb), that finally sorts out, game starts up, checks assets.....and starts downloading, 65mb this time. This is absolutely ludicrous.

My friend was showing the Beta off one time, and i honestly got bored of looking at it after the first few minutes. I find it hard to actually get into these kinds of games. Champions Online had the uber customization, and this game has actual super heroes to play alongside. I see it being just like Champions Online in that it is fun for a bit, but easily something to get bored of. My opinion could change if I actually play it, but Im not going to be buying it any time soon to get a hands on opinion.

I was in the beta. It's fun in small doses. Flying around Metropolis or Gotham is awesome for a while, but the quests are insanely repetitive. Which I guess, is expected since it's an MMO. The small experience I had with the powers was nice, there seems like some variance and my guy having flame powers from his hands had a meaty amount of different attacks so combat wasn't particularly boring, but yeah. Quests are far too similar. For Scarecrow, you'd need to take down x amount of a certain kind of bad guy, because he's carrying a fear gas cylinder. Then you'd need to find fear gas dispensing machines and pick them up to take them to a safe zone. Then you'd need to infiltrate his secret lair. For Bane, you needed to take down x amount of a certain kind of bad guy because he was carrying a Venom cylinder. Then you'd need to find Venom dispensing machines and pick them up and take them to a safe zone. Then you'd need to infiltrate his secret lair. For Joker, you'd need to take down x amount of a certain kind of bad guy because he was carrying a laughing gas canister. See where this is going?

I think it'd be awesome fun if you had a bunch of your friends, flying around doing raids and whatnot, but in larger doses it'll just get really boring really quickly.