The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I love Kristen Schaal but she's not quite working on 30 Rock. I blame the writing. The first episode wasn't that great but the second was really wonderful. And I agree with NM's dislike of the heavy use of cartoon gags on Community tonight, it feels weird seeing them outside of a theme episode and at least the sudden anime sequence in the foosball episode went all-out in being totally insane. I felt like last week's episode was funnier but the emotional core of this week's was stronger, the Troy/Abed scene near the end was wonderful to watch.

I think you just like everything, though. STOP LIKING EVERYTHING.

Best bit on 30 Rock tonight by far was making fun of Julianne Moore's Bawston accent from two seasons ago, though.

I liked Community a lot this week. I didn't really think about the animation much, the ego apple didn't bother me, and the Chang thing was kind of dumb but everything with Chang is kind of dumb. Annie didn't have much to do, but I noticed she was really good in the background of scenes, specifically her reaction to Jeffs hulking up.

I really, really, really liked Community. What else is new? I can see how some people wouldn't really like it this week, as the third act was almost entirely drama (oh god when Abed left Troy hanging there WHO IS CHOPPING ONIONS AROUND HERE), but I marked the fuck out when Dark Abed came into the picture. That's just fucking amazing. Also, having worked with adults with intellectual disabilities for the past week on a volunteer trip, Abed's Asperger's was really showing.

I'd think so, especially if Britta does end up trying to diagnose Abed. I assume that will lead to (spoilers, though I don't know how accurate they are)

the episode that takes place entirely in the Dreamatorium. I seem to remember someone involved in the show talking about the possibility of an entire episode in the second half of the season taking place in the Dreamatorium. The way I see it, Abed has to face his diagnosis (because Britta will Britta handling the situation) and flees from reality. I mean, come on, he was told in the pilot episode that he probably has Asperger's, so either he forgot about that (and he was able to cite the day in this past episode when he and Troy promised to never lie to each other, so that's not likely) or he's repressing it. When confronted, I can see him taking solace in the Dreamtorium.

That's what I really liked about this episode; I feel that it is pivotal, that it will set up the rest of the season. I mean, we have Jeff once again almost breaking down, Britta's Human Psych midterm (at first I thought this was just a throwaway line, but since it was mentioned again I feel like it's probably important), Darkest Timeline Abed, Chang's army (paintball episode?), and probably other things that just aren't coming to mind right now.

Really, the only part about this week's episode that I didn't like was, surprisingly, Jim Rash. His overreaction to seeing Jeff was too over-the-top for me. Yes, I realize I'm typing that after talking about a character from an alternative dimension breaking through to this dimension. Maybe they just held the shot too long, but something about how he acted just didn't seem to fit the tone of the show.

It's tough for me to find any fault at all with Jim Rash as Dean Pelton right now, but I know what you mean.

I do feel Abed will be directly addressed as having Asperger's, if only because this is a fairly new discovery for Dan Harmon about himself and he's proven to take the plot and characters in fairly autobiographical directions.

I do look forward to the Asperger's route if they go down that path. As an Aspie myself I trust Community with the subject matter over anything else in mainstream entertainment. Though, I can only really recall an episode of South Park and that one character on Glee (which I think was dropped anyway) as examples of it being represented in any capacity at all.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I'd think so, especially if Britta does end up trying to diagnose Abed. I assume that will lead to (spoilers, though I don't know how accurate they are)

the episode that takes place entirely in the Dreamatorium. I seem to remember someone involved in the show talking about the possibility of an entire episode in the second half of the season taking place in the Dreamatorium. The way I see it, Abed has to face his diagnosis (because Britta will Britta handling the situation) and flees from reality. I mean, come on, he was told in the pilot episode that he probably has Asperger's, so either he forgot about that (and he was able to cite the day in this past episode when he and Troy promised to never lie to each other, so that's not likely) or he's repressing it. When confronted, I can see him taking solace in the Dreamtorium.

That's what I really liked about this episode; I feel that it is pivotal, that it will set up the rest of the season. I mean, we have Jeff once again almost breaking down, Britta's Human Psych midterm (at first I thought this was just a throwaway line, but since it was mentioned again I feel like it's probably important), Darkest Timeline Abed, Chang's army (paintball episode?), and probably other things that just aren't coming to mind right now.

Really, the only part about this week's episode that I didn't like was, surprisingly, Jim Rash. His overreaction to seeing Jeff was too over-the-top for me. Yes, I realize I'm typing that after talking about a character from an alternative dimension breaking through to this dimension. Maybe they just held the shot too long, but something about how he acted just didn't seem to fit the tone of the show.

I wouldn't expect a paintball finale this year. IIRC, Megan Ganz was asked about it and said that they hadn't shot one.

I wouldn't expect a paintball finale this year. IIRC, Megan Ganz was asked about it and said that they hadn't shot one.

Didn't we see Chang's army running around with guns in the trailer? I, um, I hope those were paintballs...

Not saying it has to be the finale, though. And, I suppose it could be tranquilizers.

Also, I'm not sure why I decided to spoiler this. I guess I just wanted to follow the trend.

Dan Harmon = Aspie

Huh. Didn't know that. Makes sense, looking at the direction the show may be going in. When did he find out/announce it?

And Walker, if you're looking for another good portrayal of Aspies, check out "Max and Mary." It's on Netflix. While it's definitely hyperbolic at times, I think it did a good job portraying core Asperger's symptoms. Plus, it's just a good movie.

Figured I'd just spoil this in order to prevent of any risk of ruining anything, whatever it may be. I actually thought it was a sure thing that there would be no paintball episode this year and the pillow fort battle would be the finale/big episode this year. While I have no objections to the pillow fort battle being the major episode this season, I would love to see the study group take on Chang's Army in a paintball episode, if not only for Troy and Pierce's interactions with the 10 year olds.

I can totally see why they wouldn't do another paintball episode. Doing it twice was ballsy. Doing it a third time may just be pushing their luck, as it will inevitably be compared to the others, possibly to diminishing returns.

As for Dan Harmon having Asperger's, I think he's still in the process of figuring that out, judging from the articles I've read. Having said that, I think he said that he began to wonder when people started diagnosing Abed while watching the show.

If Wiki's episode airdates are accurate, the 2-part pillow fort episode is meant to start this Thursday.

I'd seen that around before Thursday's episode, so when the final scene ended I was a little bit excited. The whole situation with Troy/Abed flowing into the pillow fort 2-parter reminds me a lot of how Utopia/Sound of the Drums were bridged in Doctor Who.