2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

The Jays game last night was tough to watch. Litsch looked terrible in his five innings of work, yet he somehow managed to squeeze himself out of two bases-loaded situations. Then came the bullpen who gave up far too many walks. I was a little anxious when Camp came in because I thought the game could have gone as long as the 14-inning one. Didn't matter though, because the Mariners walked-off. I'm a little annoyed I stayed up until 2:00 to watch the end.

The Jays game last night was tough to watch. Litsch looked terrible in his five innings of work, yet he somehow managed to squeeze himself out of two bases-loaded situations. Then came the bullpen who gave up far too many walks. I was a little anxious when Camp came in because I thought the game could have gone as long as the 14-inning one. Didn't matter though, because the Mariners walked-off. I'm a little annoyed I stayed up until 2:00 to watch the end.

Since it was a late game, I went to bed when the score was 5-0. I assumed incorrectly that the bullpen would be able to stop the Mariners from coming back.

ESPN has an article up about the Bonds conviction and the impact of the steroid era, taking it to a little bit of an extreme.

There is not another American sport where so many of the elite have been disgraced. Nothing comes close to this. Not Pete Rose, not the Black Sox, not baseball's drug trials of the 1980s, not the college basketball scandals of the 1950s.

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure fixing the fucking World Series is a bit worse than wide spread steroid use.

The only players that should be considered disgraced (although even that is a bit harsh) are the ones who have tested positive since 2004. Everyone else was just doing something that there wasn't any enforced rule against.

• Like 2

It doesn't look like Phil Hughes will be making his next start (or any in the near future for that matter). Yankees have off days to play with and will probably skip him next time around and possibly replace with him Colon the start after.

He's on the verge of dropping to 0-2 on the year with a 13.94 ERA through 3 starts. He's only been able to pitch 10.1 innings and his velocity is barely touching 90.

If you remember the Yankees skipped him once in July last year because of arm strength. Since that point in 20 starts (including tonight) he is 7-9(a loss tonight would be his 10th) with a 6.16 ERA and only 99.1 innings pitched.

Edited by sahyder1

MLB looks to expand instant replay.

They still aren't going far enough though. Plays at the bases should be re viewable too. I think everything but balls and strikes should be reviewed.

Agreed to that. Or hell, even make balls and strikes reviewable, but make it like the NFL and give managers a limited number of challenged.

Hell, I've been saying this for awhile..give'em red baseball to throw at the umps head when they want something challenged...

MLB looks to expand instant replay.

They still aren't going far enough though. Plays at the bases should be re viewable too. I think everything but balls and strikes should be reviewed.

Agreed to that. Or hell, even make balls and strikes reviewable, but make it like the NFL and give managers a limited number of challenged.

Hell, I've been saying this for awhile..give'em red baseball to throw at the umps head when they want something challenged...

Teams should have 2-3 challenges. If they are right they get to keep them. Not football style where you must get both of the first two right in order to earn a 3rd one. I like Cricket's system where as long as you're right you keep your challenges. Balls and strikes will never be reviewed.

They should basically take the Cricket system and adapt it. The problem, well biggest problem, is that while we have technology you will never see reviews of balls and strikes. But reviewing home runs, fair/foul, safe or out on the bases, and close catches in the field is enough for me.

They should basically take the Cricket system and adapt it. The problem, well biggest problem, is that while we have technology you will never see reviews of balls and strikes. But reviewing home runs, fair/foul, safe or out on the bases, and close catches in the field is enough for me.

And there shouldn't be reviews of balls or strikes. Much like how in football they say "well holding occurs on every play"..well in baseball theres more ball/strike calls that could be challenged then ones that can't. Reviewing those would turn whats already a 2+ hour game into a 4+ hour game, because all those close pitches will be challenged. No thanks. Fair/Foul, close plays at the base, questionable catches and homeruns are good enough for me