2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

I still have a hard time believing Colby Rasmus is a Blue Jay. Basically for the past 9 months he's been the target du jour for the Jays fanbase. Back in November we assumed it would have taken Snider or Drabek + + to get him. That we got him ostensibly for Zach Stewart, Marc Rzepczynski and the rental of a AAAA outfielder, 3 serviceable middle relievers and taking on a bit of bad salary is just mind blowing. Stewart could be a solid mid-rotation starter, but given the spoil of riches the Jays have in minor league starters Stewart was probably going to fall behind 2-3 prospects by next year. The best part of it is that Anthopoulos has basically worked out a deal where he's likely gotten overwhelmingly the most value going forward, yet all 3 GMs feel they got what they wanted. Now the Jays are really close, and can make a push in the offseason to shoot for 95 wins, with 90 probably being enough to get the team into that second WC spot. Silent assassin.

Guest mr. potato head

I still have a hard time believing Colby Rasmus is a Blue Jay. Basically for the past 9 months he's been the target du jour for the Jays fanbase. Back in November we assumed it would have taken Snider or Drabek + + to get him. That we got him ostensibly for Zach Stewart, Marc Rzepczynski and the rental of a AAAA outfielder, 3 serviceable middle relievers and taking on a bit of bad salary is just mind blowing. Stewart could be a solid mid-rotation starter, but given the spoil of riches the Jays have in minor league starters Stewart was probably going to fall behind 2-3 prospects by next year. The best part of it is that Anthopoulos has basically worked out a deal where he's likely gotten overwhelmingly the most value going forward, yet all 3 GMs feel they got what they wanted. Now the Jays are really close, and can make a push in the offseason to shoot for 95 wins, with 90 probably being enough to get the team into that second WC spot. Silent assassin.

I can't believe we got a top-of-the-rotation starter for only a middle-of-the-rotation starter who will probably be out of the game in a few years and one of our many young relievers! :shifty:

Hunter Pence has been traded. Pulled out of tonight's game and giving hugs in the dugout to teammates. Everything going into the game was saying it ws the Phillies who were close so I believe this will be them getting Pence. Big move for a team that needed offense. Put Pence in there with Howard, Victorino, Rollins and Utley who is really coming on lately and this offense should be able to score enough runs to back up that lights out staff.

Hunter Pence has been traded. Pulled out of tonight's game and giving hugs in the dugout to teammates. Everything going into the game was saying it ws the Phillies who were close so I believe this will be them getting Pence. Big move for a team that needed offense. Put Pence in there with Howard, Victorino, Rollins and Utley who is really coming on lately and this offense should be able to score enough runs to back up that lights out staff.

It's being reported around here that it is indeed the Phillies and we gave up Singleton, Cosart, and 2 other prospects apparently, but we did NOT include Brown or Worley.

I heard the Astros weren't crazy about Brown which I found odd. Cosart and Singleton are nice, but they're both still in single-A.

Yes. They should both be nice pieces for the Astros who really aren't going anywhere right now. According to Jayson Stark the Astros are also sending CASH with Pence to allow Phillies to avoid paying luxury tax. So it ends up being:

Pence and Cash for Singleton, Cosart, and 2 Players to Be Named.

Thanks again Ed Wade.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

I can't believe we got a top-of-the-rotation starter for only a middle-of-the-rotation starter who will probably be out of the game in a few years and one of our many young relievers! :shifty:

No. Just no.

Fuck ... with Pence gone from the Stros (my current favorite player in the game), I am now officially down to 1, and only 1 reason to care about baseball anymore. Got to watch the kid in person at AA (played for my hometown) and have followed since the first game I saw him play. Now though, phuck philly ... won't be watching their games.

Fuck ... with Pence gone from the Stros (my current favorite player in the game), I am now officially down to 1, and only 1 reason to care about baseball anymore. Got to watch the kid in person at AA (played for my hometown) and have followed since the first game I saw him play. Now though, phuck philly ... won't be watching their games.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Michael Bourn to the Braves. I like this move, but I'd like it a lot more if Bourn wasn't a leadoff man who strikes out like a cleanup hitter. And if anyone hitting behind him could get above .230 and show some potential to move him over/drive him in.

Although, if anyone had told me three weeks ago that the phrases "Dan Uggla" and "20-game hitting streak" would be used in the same sentence, I'd be having them committed.

What the hell, how am I just finding out that the Cubs traded Kosuke to the Indians? I can't say I'm not bummed to see him go, but hell, maybe he's got a real chance at a Ring now with Cleveland.

Guest JukeboxHero

What the hell, how am I just finding out that the Cubs traded Kosuke to the Indians? I can't say I'm not bummed to see him go, but hell, maybe he's got a real chance at a Ring now with Cleveland.

You don't know much about the history of Cleveland sports, do you?

:crying:

• Like 1

This Angels/Tigers game is a bit insane.

Justin Verlander has a no-hitter through 7. Jared Weaver just got tossed after throwing one over Avila's head after Magglio and Guillen both admired HRs off of Weaver. Both benches had been warned after the Guillen HR.