2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

Coming into the tournament this year I was cautiously optimistic. I thought Pitt had a chance to make a run this year, but I was telling everyone who considered this Pitt team to be Jamie Dixon's best yet that they were idiotic.

I hate being right. Fuck.

I'm done. Until these assholes can prove that they're worth anything come tourney time I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not even going to watch the fucking games.

So many stupid decisions. Dixon's decision to make his offense hold the ball until there were 10 seconds left on the shot clock before going into their offense, Wannamaker then passing the ball back out with 2 seconds left on the shot clock instead of forcing a shot and hoping for a foul, Travon Woodall deciding to be Carl Krauser and drive the length of the court himself with no one set up for a rebound and then taking a fucking charge and then with 1.8 seconds left Nasir Robinson deciding to fucking foul that Butler asshole instead of just letting him get the rebound and going into OT.

What a mindblowing game. How in the fuck do you commit that penalty at the end of the game like that? How does that make any sense? Did Jamie Dixon not tell his players to allow Butler to rebound the ball if it was tied and Brown missed the second shot? If no, why didn't he? Was Butler really going to set up a reasonable shot attempt with 1.9 left?

Fuck.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Well there goes my final four... Kansas State been knocked off blew it for me :(

Really wasn't surprised to see Pitt lose that game, I think they've been very overated all season... I have no idea who will win in the southeast... Could be anyone now, I think ill be cheering for Wisconsin though...

That Butler win last night was just incredible. Only Jamie Dixon would be able to coach his team into that level of choking. It's just a shame Gordon Heyward left, if he were still around who knows how good this team could be.

I don't think the Boy Wonder is leaving Butler. He's got a long contract there, and while the money isn't as much as he'd make a lot of places the job security is much greater. The only place I could see him jumping ship for is the Indiana job if that were to open up. If he didn't leave last year for Wake Forest or Oregon I don't see him going for anything less than one of the real prestigious programs.

That's a stupid rule that affected the end of the Washington-UNC game. We have the technology, let's use it. When the ball hits out of bounds, call it out of bounds. Those .7 seconds that were lost affected the entire tournament. Let's change that rule.

I guess the Bruins just can't beat Florida in the tournament. Ah well, second round is a good season for us.

Any one catch ESPN's 'Fab Five' doc? They're before most of EWB's time, but I don't think you can overstate the impact that those five guys had on sports culture. They didn't invent taking money from boosters (shit, I can admit that goes all the way back to the Wooden dynasty), or even wearing baggy shorts, and many people would tell you that the were the first of the type of players who 'destroyed sports', but, fuck it, those dudes were cool.

I wasn't really a big college basketball fan at the time, being only 9 or 10, as I didn't get into it until UCLA's run in 1995 (O'BANNONS!), but I had a baggy pair of fake Michigan shorts, maize and blue with no logo, and still wear black socks. Dudes were awesome, even if they didn't win a title. You probably won't see a team like that again, five Top 100 freshmen in one draft class, and they all started that season.

Takes me back. I miss not having cable, missed all the 30 at 30 stuff.

Pearl won't have to wait too long to get a job. He's a good coach. Rick Pitino working the NCAA Tournament is a joke. At least show some anger that you lost? The money he got from for the gig (CNBC's Darren Rovell estimated it to be around $10K for the weekend) better have been going to charity.

Also Nate Silver correctly disputes the lol, Big East talk.

Edited by sahyder1

If Arizona play like that for the rest of the year then I can see them doing well against both Uconn and probably Ohio State... Duke going down, ended my national title game of Duke vs Kansas lol... I think Kansas are gonna be pretty hard to stop...

I think I'm going to root for an Arizona vs Kansas national title game now :P

Butler after two hard fought games, look to be easily getting by Wisconsin... Butler vs Florida just doesn't interest me at all... But I think Florida will be able to handle them...

Looking forward to watching Kansas vs Richmond 2moro whilst the other three games don't really interest me, mainly cause I dislike UNC and Ohio State :P and Florida State & VCU I don't think should have been in the tournament anyway... But just my opinions, obviously other people will be more interested in those games...