2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

That's such a fucking relief. Finally we can all look forward to the season and some actual football news.

The best thing though after all the waiting, we now get an absolute hectic couple of weeks with camps opening, free agency and rookie signings all rolled into one!

So in the short time since the Lockout has been over let's take a peak at what's been going on in Baltimore...

Willis McGahee - GONE (Y)

Todd Heap - GONE :crying:

Kelly Gregg - GONE :mellow:

Derrick Mason - GONE (N)

Damien Berry - IN :huh:

I know I'm supposed to trust Ozzie Newsome and that we are apparently going after Nnamdi Asomugha, But this has me a little bit edgy.

But I have to assume that our Front Office has had this stuff in the pipeline for awhile for it to be one of the first moves to surface after the end of the lockout so let's see what happens.

So in the short time since the Lockout has been over let's take a peak at what's been going on in Baltimore...

Willis McGahee - GONE (Y)

Todd Heap - GONE :crying:

Kelly Gregg - GONE :mellow:

Derrick Mason - GONE (N)

Damien Berry - IN :huh:

I know I'm supposed to trust Ozzie Newsome and that we are apparently going after Nnamdi Asomugha, But this has me a little bit edgy.

But I have to assume that our Front Office has had this stuff in the pipeline for awhile for it to be one of the first moves to surface after the end of the lockout so let's see what happens.

Don't worry. Your team isn't going to win anything as long as Joey Flaccid is your QB. Maybe this time your season will end in the WC round instead of the inevitable defeat in Pittsburgh :shifty:

Let's just look past that the centre is supposed to be one spot to the left. :shifty:

Baltimore just signed gun FCS receiver Tysson Poots :w00t: - It won't be a main story on ESPN but damn it if I didn't make a blind faith call after Housh blew the Baltimore/Steelers playoff game (Atleast that's how I remember it) Wes Welker style guy in the slot, It's what we need in the AFC North - Not some pusscake like Housh, Roy (Maxx started it :lol: ), Holmes or TO.

I can't believe they aren't going to take a run at Leinart.

Also, the Bengals continue to be one of the worst franchises in sports with this whole Carson Palmer mess. Great work getting absolutely nothing, when you could probably fleece Tennessee into giving up a 3rd round pick. Now Palmer gets to sit around and enjoy his millions of dollars and probably get hired as an analyst somewhere. Outstanding Mike Brown, you sure showed that bastard!

Seahawks fan, it is time to rejoice. Tarvaris Jackson shall lead you to a high draft pick in 2012 when some talent will be available at the QB position!

only thing Tarvaris should be leading is 2nd stringers in the UFL ....

The UFL is supposed to be a developmental league ... Tarvaris leading anything would defeat that purpose.

I'm really enjoying actually hearing about football news nowadays, it's so refreshing!

Few thoughts

Mike Brown is fucking retarded if he doesn't trade Carson Palmer. Yeah well done Mike, you're a stubborn prick who doesn't have a starting QB when you could be a guy without a QB and a decent draft pick.

Who's dick is Alex Smith sucking? $5mil, 1 year deal? Has Jim Harbaugh actually seen him play.

I like Tavaris Jackson from the glimpses I've seen over the years. He's average but I think he cna be succesful in Seattle after learning behind Favre for 2 years. I hope he does well and at least he'll do better than Clipboard Jesus anyway.

Speaking of Favre, if he does come back to back-up Vick he'll be ruining his already tainted legacy further while at the same time forming the most hated QB tandem in history.

The thought of Asomugha and Revis in the same line-up scares me.

$5 million is pretty low for a starting QB (which everybody and their mothers knows he will be...at first, at least) so I'm really not fussed about the amount. Would I rather the Alex Smith era be over? Yes but I'm willing to give Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt and see what Smith can do with a coach that actually knows how to coach the position. I mean, I doubt he'll be much better than he was last year but I'm willing to let Harbaugh try especially since I'm not too fond of any of the other choices out there anyways, Kyle Orton notwithstanding (and it'll probably cost too much to get him).

News has now come out that the 49ers are the front runner, along with the Jets, to add Scrabble. That would be a major move for us since our secondary was the biggest reason we sucked last year anyways.

Hasselbeck is a Titan and the Vikings have traded for McNabb assuming he reworks his contract.

The Awesome-mugha to the Jets rumors make no sense. I don't see how you can add a guy who wants $15+ million per year to that team with all of the holes they have to fill.

Hasselbeck is a Titan and the Vikings have traded for McNabb assuming he reworks his contract.

The Awesome-mugha to the Jets rumors make no sense. I don't see how you can add a guy who wants $15+ million per year to that team with all of the holes they have to fill.

They could work around the cap space with a massive signing bonus I'd imagine. his reeks of a Jets signing though. Big obnoxious statement of intent that they can't sustain in the longrun when they should be focusing on other positions, followed by more hype and Rex being a massive knob.

They could work around the cap space with a massive signing bonus I'd imagine. his reeks of a Jets signing though. Big obnoxious statement of intent that they can't sustain in the longrun when they should be focusing on other positions, followed by more hype and Rex being a massive knob.

That's pretty much what I meant. They've already re-signed Holmes, which means they will lose Edwards. They're also probably going to lose Brad Smith, so unless Revis and Asomugha are going to play both ways and occasionally line up on the D-Line, I don't see the purpose. Sanchez was barely adequate with all the weapons he had last year, I can't see the Jets offense being better off with less options.