2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

Haha thats a great proposal by Kluwe. I also love this line from the writer "Rolling Stone said "they are to the Minneapolis rock scene what MouseRat is to Pawnee." OK, they didn't say that. I said that."

You know what upsets me about the Jets, no matter who we sign we're still in a division with Tom Brady. Until that's no longer the case I can never truly expect them to win the division.

I like the decision to get Haynesworth by the Pats. Gave up nothing and chances are he'll be more motivated than in Washington.

I'll take it. As long as he shows up as Titans Haynesworth instead of Redskins Haynesworth I'll be happy and if not, its only a fifth rounder so no problem there. A 4-3 defense with Haynesworth and Wilfork in the middle sounds like something I'm going to enjoy watching.

Edited by Hellfire

I like Tavaris Jackson from the glimpses I've seen over the years.

Whose dick has Tavaris Jackson been sucking? Have you actually seen him play?

^ that.

I'm sorry Tavaris is horrible. even with Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice the guy wasn't halfway decent and before Favre they couldn't make the playoffs. he's garbage, and Seattle is stupid to take him.

I really like Asomugha to Houston if he does go there, much better fit than the Jets and is a huge upgrade for the Texans. this revamped defense could finally push them into the playoffs.

In more "prepare for lockout 2021 news", Kevin Kolb to the Cards for Rodgers-Cromartie, a 2nd rounder and $63 million. All that and $20 million guaranteed for a guy with 7 starts in 4 years and a -3 INT to TD ratio.

Wow...talk about a rip off. The Eagles must be screaming in joy after this one.

I'm an Eagles fan...won't hear me complaining about it

In more "prepare for lockout 2021 news", Kevin Kolb to the Cards for Rodgers-Cromartie, a 2nd rounder and $63 million. All that and $20 million guaranteed for a guy with 7 starts in 4 years and a -3 INT to TD ratio.

Wow...talk about a rip off. The Eagles must be screaming in joy after this one.

I don't have a problem with it. DRC is overrated; he's basically all potential at this point (same as Kolb), and was a poor fit for AZ's defense that wasn't long for this team anyways. A 2nd rounder to account for the disparity in positional value is fine. The contract extension is too much, too soon though. They should have waited until mid-season to evaluate his worth at the very least, though I can respect going all in for "your guy" (and Kolb has been Whis's "guy" since well before last season even ended).

Well the thing with the extension is that there were likely other suitors and the Cards had to offer a big deal to make sure Kolb didn't feel like another team would be a better fit.

ESPN is going to be unwatchable now, if the Jets get Scrabble you might as well forget the other 30 teams out there.

Pats/Jets is the new Sawx/Yankees, aside from the Jets never winning anything.

Another difference is that it's not even the biggest NY football rivalry (Giants/Eagles) and isn't the biggest AFC rivalry (Colts/Pats and Ravens/Steelers). At least with Yanks/Sawx they're the two most popular teams in the American League.