2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

For forty bucks, you get two tickets, two beers, two hot dogs, and one of the safeties will suck your dick at halftime if you promise you'll come back.

If they offered a BJ from the cheerleader of your choice instead, they'd probably have more fans. It's poor management decisions like that that are ruining the franchise.

I bought a NY Jets sweatshirt last season. But I'm thinking about buying a jersey this year. Either Mark Sanchez or Darrelle Revis.

I'm leaning towards Revis. :shifty:

But the Sanchez is a huge hit with the 17-year-old girls. :shifty:

Kevin Boss to the Raiders. :(

I don't get how we still have a backup QB in Rosenfels making $3 mil. Why not just cut him and spend it elsewhere? I mean we signed David Carr, he's decent enough to sit on the bench and rot. If Eli gets hurt and we have Carr instead of Rosenfel it's not much of a difference..

Did anyone catch that ESPN special about their new QB Rating system? I just saw the last 15 minutes or so and it does seem to have some merits over the traditional passer rating scale, though it does seem like it will take some time for the actual ratings to be revealed after a game is completed.

Yeah, the Braylon deal went through a few days ago, one-year deal on a relatively low salary.

Boss leaving genuinely worries me. He was always a great target for Eli. Bear Pascoe and Travis Beckum hardly fill me confidence either. I understand his reasoning though, he gets a better deal and moves closer to home, so no grudges there. I'll always have a soft spot for him after filling in for Shockey and winning a Superbowl in his rookie year.

Mason to the Jets? Same situation as Floyd where he took less money to go elsewhere. I expect Cotchery to come in to Baltimore. Ravens need to find a tall target though and not another Boldin clone though, someone to open up the field. Sadly unless James Hardy turns into something there's nobody out there to really bring in.

Mason to the Jets? Same situation as Floyd where he took less money to go elsewhere. I expect Cotchery to come in to Baltimore. Ravens need to find a tall target though and not another Boldin clone though, someone to open up the field. Sadly unless James Hardy turns into something there's nobody out there to really bring in.

James Hardy will never be anything.

I still think the Eagles will trade Asante, locking up a huge incoming draft class is top on Philly's checklist. They're going to contend with or without Samuel so at least trading him helps them compete more down the line. I mock Andy Reid for his late-game coaching, but the man is the best in the league when it comes to personnel decisions.

Bill Belicheck says Hi.

He's a better coach and drafter, Reid fills holes better. If Reid could coach and there was no such thing as Spygate he'd have 2 or 3 rings at this point and Belichick might have 1.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves here and pretend only the big, bad Pats were the ones jacking signals. They were just the ones who got caught.

That's a pretty severe claim, got any evidence to support it?

I know I'm a bit late on this but he's right. Jimmy Johnson has admitted to "stealing" signals as well and he was taught to do it by other teams. It's a common tactic in the league and really isn't that much of a big deal as the media or Goodell made it out to be. Besides, even after getting caught, they still went on to have an undefeated season and still are consistently among the best in the league so I doubt it really made that much of a difference.

Pretty sure I've heard that Howard Mudd, Marty Schottenheimer, Jim Johnson, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, etc. have done it as well. I'd be willing to bet just about the entire league has, or possibly still does, "steal" opponents signals.

Edited by Boltstrikes

Longtime Jet DE Shaun Ellis signs with the Patriots today (pending physical) according to ESPN. On the field wise it's not that big of a deal, but I have to admit at being a little bit disappointed. I imagine this would be like if the Jets signed Kevin Faulk.

Five more weeks until Week 1!

Edited by Panni89