Radiohead to drop new album on Saturday

Olive the other Jiberdeer

It’s the morning after the Grammy Awards, when the recording industry is still recovering from after-parties, after-after-parties and any pathogenic bacteria it might have picked up from Lady Gaga’s egg, so who would expect there to be any music news before Justin Bieber wakes up?

Radiohead, that’s who. That nonconformist British band opted to wait until immediately after the Grammys (and, in Britain, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards) to announce that its next album, “The King of Limbs,”will be available as a digital download on Saturday before its physical release in May.

But unlike its last album, “In Rainbows,” for which Radiohead allowed online customers to pay what they wished (if they wished to pay anything at all), “The King of Limbs” will not be sold at such flexible prices. On its Web site for the new album, thekingoflimbs.com, the band said that a digital version can be purchased in advance for $9 (for MP3 format) or $14 (for WAV format).

Radiohead is also offering what it calls a “newspaper album” release of “The King of Limbs” (a metaphor that was lost on at least one newspaper employee) which includes two 10-inch vinyl records and a compact disc, as well as “many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-color piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.” This release is sold for $48 (for MP3 digital files) or $53 (for WAV), and will be shipped on May 9, the band said.

Source.

Eeeeek.

NICE!!! :w00t:

HOLY SHIT, it´s !!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

People are expecting a second "cd" to be up for download tomorrow.

PART TWO WILL BE OUT TOMORROW clues: the last track is called 'separator' the album is really short they released it a day early for no reason the lyric 'if you think this is over(or 'all of it?') you're wrong' YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

(some guy on last FM)

Don´t know if i am down with that (4 sides of ten inch = 56 Minutes, we already got almost 40 - unless there is a Bonus CD like with in Rainbows), but i shure as hell would not complain.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh37yw_radiohead-lotus-flower_music

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I love how it sounds "Radiohead" without reminding me directly of any of the many songs they released before.

Translation

I love how the new album sounds exactly like Radiohead (Genius!) without sounding like something they released before. (Well, it's a new release after all.)

I've only heard Lotus Flower. It's...alright but nothing amazing. That whole sound is a bit en vogue right now so it's strange to see Radiohead jumping on it, given that they (or more their fans) pride them on doing the exact opposite.

Nevertheless, I really did enjoy In Rainbows - I got into it more than any Radiohead album previously - so I'll be giving this one my full attention as soon as I get the chance.

I've only listened to Lotus Flower and Bloom so far. I like it a lot. But then I'm a huge fan of glitchy drum beats and such like....and the use of classical, orchestral instruments. This could be my favourite album of theirs in a long time.

Feral is great.