EWB's Top 32 Movies of 2010

GoGo Yubari

exit-through-the-gift-shop-banksy-poster-front.jpg

32. Exit Through the Gift Shop (11 pts, appeared on 2 ballots)

despicable_me_m.jpg

31. Despicable Me (12 pts, appeared on 5 ballots)

The-Other-Guys_300.jpg

29. The Other Guys (13 pts, appeared on 2 ballots)

buried-movie-.jpg

29. Buried (13 pts, appeared on 2 ballots)

Let-Me-In-11.jpg

27. Let Me In (13 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

IronMan2_robert_downey_jr-thumb-400x400-17775.jpg

27. Iron Man 2 (13 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

angelina-jolie-salt-movie.jpg

26. Salt – 14 pts (2 ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 32 Movies of 2010: I can't really sing. I have to sing goofy, in order to sing. I have to sing stupid.

Hmmm, alright, decent start.

Exit Through The Gift Shop deserves a lot more love than what's it been given in relation to the list. It was an incredible documentary and deserves to place higher.

I never saw Despicable Me, but I had a morbid curiosity towards it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime soon.

I may be one of the few who found The Other Guys inoffensively funny. I liked it, and would probably place it right where it's at out of the 50 something movies that I saw from 2010.

Buried can go straight to hell, though. The concept itself was pretentious, and terrible. Though, I didn't see the movie, I read the script and I couldn't believe how shitty it was. Get out of here with that.

If Let Me In was even half as good as its original source, Let The Right One In, then it certainly, not only deserves a place on this list, but deserves a higher place. I wish I had seen it, but given that I'd already seen the original, I wasn't going out of my way to see it.

Iron Man 2 was fun, and is probably in the right spot on this list. It could probably go up a few pegs, but I'm not bothered by its placing.

The only interesting thing about Salt was finding out that it was originally written as a male role for Tom Cruise. Which isn't that interesting in and of itself. So, you do the math.

I've only seen Iron Man 2 and Let Me In, though I just got Buried on Netflix, haven't watched it yet.

Iron Man 2 was a little disappointing, wasn't bad, but Iron Man was so damn good that it was hard to follow up.

Let Me In was absolutely fantastic though. It may sound weird, but Chloe Moretz is quickly becoming my favorite actress.

I liked Exit Through The Gift Shop, despite being not so keen on Banksy. A good watch though.

Despicable Me was great. Probably would have been my #11.

Haven't seen The Other Guys, but I don't like Will Ferrell or Mark Wahlberg so I couldn't see me liking it.

Buried was awful. Not only for the concept but because Ryan Reynolds is simply not good enough to be on the screen by himself for that amount of time. It is the closest I have been to walking out of a cinema.

Didn't see Let Me In out of the principle that it is a remake of an absolutely brilliant Swedish film from TWO YEARS AGO. I will probably catch it if it is ever on TV or something.

Iron Man 2 was fun, but not great.

And Salt was woeful.

Exit Through The Gift Shop deserves a lot more love than what's it been given in relation to the list. It was an incredible documentary and deserves to place higher.

I agree! If only certain people who really loved it had put it on their ballot. :shifty:

Blue-Valentine-Reviews.jpg

25. Blue Valentine (16 pts, appeared on 2 ballots)

Four_Lions_filmstill1-550x342.jpg

24. Four Lions 16 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

shes-out-of-my-league.jpg

23. She’s Out of My League (17 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

a-team-movie.jpg

22. The A-Team (19 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

runaways.jpg

21. The Runaways (20 pts, appeared on 3 ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 32 Movies of 2010: I don't know what your generation's fascination is with documenting your every thought... but I can assure you, they're not all diamonds. "Roman is having an OK day, and bought a Coke Zero at the gas station. Raise the roof." Who gives a rat's ass?

Runaways should be higher, outstanding movie.

Loved Despicable Me, the best animated movie I've seen in years upon years.

Let Me In was brilliant and I'm in the same boat as Zero, Chloe Moretz is quickly becoming my favorite actress. Roles were all played brilliantly.

Still haven't seen Buried or Iron Man 2. Other Guys was very good, while She's Out Of My League was also a pretty good comedy. And while it didn't make my list, I really enjoyed Salt.

Not that these lists really ever mean anything, but this entire list is invalidated by Blue Valentine being ranked lower than She's Out of My League - which has no business being anywhere near anything considered tolerable.

Did you see either Blue Valentine or Exit before you voted/edited your list, Ben?

No, Blue Valentine just came out here last week and I saw Exit Through The Gift Shop like, three days ago.

Still, how did freaking Salt get more points than either of those two movies is beyond me. Even The Tourist was her better show of 2010.

Then you're excused. Anyway, more people saw it and there are some guys whose lists were like. All action movies. All action movies that mostly I wouldn't even consider watching. No accounting for taste and whatnot!

I didn't mind Buried (probably due to my Ryan Reynolds man crush), but it didn't make my list... and I only saw like, fourteen films last year, so that tells you where it ranked in the grand scheme of things. I haven't seen the rest of those films... there's three or four I'm interested in but the rest don't look great.

I agree! If only certain people who really loved it had put it on their ballot. :shifty:

I agree! Certain people should've! Not me, though. Exit was 11th for me. :P

This next tier contains all movies I haven't seen. The first 2, Blue Valentine and Four Lions are because I haven't had a chance to check them out, though, I really want to. She's Out Of My League, The A-Team, and The Runaways are of no interest to me whatsoever.

YOU ARE NOT EXCUSED

The20Kids-cropped-proto-filmcritic_reviews___entry_default.jpg

20. The Kids Are All Right (20 pts, appeared on 4 ballots)

03_127hours_560x375.jpg

19. 127 Hours (27 pts, appeared on 6 ballots)

easy-a-movie.jpg

18. Easy A – 29 pts (8 ballots)

the_expendables_70-535x337.jpg

16. The Expendables (30 pts, appeared on 7 ballots)

machete_057-535x327.jpg

16. Machete – (30 pts, appeared on 7 ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 32 Movies of 2010: You can't outrun me! I'm black!

Now that's a damn good collection. The Kids Are All Right was pretty good, I really enjoyed Ruffalo and Moore. Didn't see 127 Hours, Easy A was good, despite not being quite as good as the hype I'd heard, The Expendables was a wonderful trip down Cheesy Action Movie Lane and Machete was wonderful.