Madden 12

sahyder1

There is actually a bunch of new features.

That's the 'letter' they released. Extended rosters, cut days, extensive scouting systems for the draft, etc. It isn't perfect but it's a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is..per ESPN..

hillis_cover390x491.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Demo is out now. Initial impressions good, the improvements to presentation (even without commentary) are massive, although considering how much of a deal they made of the 3d grass, I've not noticed it at all. I have a couple of issues, although I'm sure they can be fixed through the sliders. Firstly, it feels like the guys are playing on an ice rink, it's all a bit skatey and quick. Second, throwing over the middle seems to automatically enable LINEBACKER-HYPER-JUMP-MODE for an instant swat.

Still, promising so far. I really want to see if franchise feels any different.

Oh, and touting the IR feature as "more" realistic is somewhat redundant. It couldn't be any less realistic, since it has never, ever worked properly on this generation.

The presentation is so much better this year, it's baffling they havent done it before now. I think the super linebackers are less prominent in this than NCAA 12 where I'm scared to throw over the middle at this stage. A little too fast for my tastes and the o-line is non-existent sometimes, but nothing that can't be fixed.

My first impression is it plays really, really fast. Obviously the speed is adjustable but just out of the box its crazy fast.

Allegedly it was slowed down before to conceal fallacies with animations and AI, so it'll seem a lot faster anyway. I think it's going to be very fixable as long as the sliders work properly.

I'm trying to get to grips with this despite not having a fucking clue about American football. Needless to say I'm getting beaten on the easiest setting. Defensively I'm okay (for the difficulty level that is) but I haven't had a single pass completed yet in 1 1/2 games - I REALLY suck on offence.

And yet, it's quite fun, it looks great and I'm impressed with the presentation. If I can get to grips with the actual game, I might look into getting this.

• 2 weeks later...