Mass Effect 2

Yeah, I'm building up my Paragon now and if you can get it high enough you can bury the hatchet with whoever out of Miranda or Jack you upset...they'll become loyal but you can't wooooo them anymore.

Wait what? You can get Jack to be loyal again once you've already sided with Miranda?

I really liked the Jack character, but there was no way I could side with anyone against Yvonne Strahovski. I still haven't beaten Mass Effect 2 yet, it's kind of on the back burned whilst I play through Dragon Age 2. Luckily, Bioware has always been smart enough to keep a log of your missions in their games, so I can just jump back in once I'm done. Usually, with a game like Final Fantasy XIII for example, if I leave it for too long I end up completely forgetting what I was doing/why I was doing it and it becomes a case of either restart the game or play through from my save without really giving a shit any more.

Yeah, I'm building up my Paragon now and if you can get it high enough you can bury the hatchet with whoever out of Miranda or Jack you upset...they'll become loyal but you can't wooooo them anymore.

Wait what? You can get Jack to be loyal again once you've already sided with Miranda?

I really liked the Jack character, but there was no way I could side with anyone against Yvonne Strahovski. I still haven't beaten Mass Effect 2 yet, it's kind of on the back burned whilst I play through Dragon Age 2. Luckily, Bioware has always been smart enough to keep a log of your missions in their games, so I can just jump back in once I'm done. Usually, with a game like Final Fantasy XIII for example, if I leave it for too long I end up completely forgetting what I was doing/why I was doing it and it becomes a case of either restart the game or play through from my save without really giving a shit any more.

No.

When they're fighting, you have to use a paragon/renegade choice to calm them the eff down.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I love this game! Just about to go through the Omega 4 Relay....Insanity mode is almost done :D

Edit: And....done! ^_^

I went out of my way to get some people killed (more would have died, but everyone was loyal....I wanted to get to level 30 dammit!).

Who died?

#1 Legion on the ship.

#2 Jacob in the vents.

#3 Thane :(

#4 Jack

#5 the crew

Likely gonna grab the Arrival and Shadow Broker DLC tonight/this week.

• 5 weeks later...

Next time I play, I'll grab a pic. It's one of the reasons I love the game - my Shep being the only true real Shep to me. I've made him what he is over the two games with his decisions, personality, combat style, appearance, etc.

I get that feeling too. I have a male and a female Shepard that I have used for all my playthroughs on both games, and seeing footage of different versions seems almost unnatural. That's what I feel character customisation should be all about. Rather than being completely bombarded with the most intricate, in-depth appearance customisation tools known to man, I feel as though the decisions I've made over the course of the two games has truly allowed me to become attached to my Shepards, more so than in any other game.

Agreed. Miles apart from any other games. Even in games where you create yourself... I don't feel as attached to them as I do to Shepard. It really is all down the options you get conversation wise and decision wise.

People should post photos of their Shepard. Purely because, I know when I see Mass images/trailers it doesn't feel right. Because to me, Shep is MY Shep. Not the standard one.

I feel the same way.

Also kind of reminds me of how I struggle to accept the characters in FFVII as their actual names, seeing as I renamed every single character that I was allowed to. :P

I went with the basic Shepard, but he's a hero rather than a survivor, simply because my first play through is always the 'pure leader' type.

Does the (first) game ever open up more to alien missions? Everything so far has been either humans, Geth or humans/Geth with a few random aliens pinched in.

So guess who just bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 today? Norro's finally going to get to play the series!

... eventually, anyway. I'll probably get to it after I play through my other games I've had on my little mini-queu. Picked up Borderlands GOTY for the PS3 with them today, too, so yeah... lots of games to play. Only thing is with the two Mass Effects I still need to swap them at one of our stores. I'm really OCD about my game cases and CDs, if they're not in pristine condition I rarely buy them, and ME1 didn't even have its book, I only bought it because I had a deal on it. Going to switch it soon, then add it to my library :D

Bastards. Just finished Virmire and the council STILL won't listen to me. I took that as a sign to finally tell them off, since I've spent the entire game playing their hero. The good guy Shepard is slowly going renegade after an entire game as a paragon. I guess the (major spoilers for the first game)...

... loss of Ash finally made him snap. I spent the game using Kaiden as a regular squad member for his tech ability and building up a strange angry romance with Ash, even rejecting Liara. When it came to making the decision I actually struggled. I didn't know that was going to happen, so I've ended up with no romance options

:( Thankfully, this kind of sets me up well for the second game, because Tali is my favourite character (and my other regular companion) and I hear she's a romance option in the next one.

Now, I'm going to make the council listen, make Saren pay, and kick some intergalactic tail. Love this game.

Ended it. Spoilers ahoy...

Shepard survived? I thought he died at the end of this and was revived in #2?

Confused. Anywho, I let the council die in the end, those in charge pissed me off to no end, and this Shepard was Alliance born and bred, so I figured he'd do what was best for everyone, but especially his species. Definitely a tough final choice, but it seemed to have paid off, because now I've got Captain Anderson on the replacement council :D Didn't get some of the achievements I was expecting, mostly the ally based ones. Since I did all of the assignments that came up, I'm not sure what to do. I've got a save from before going in, so I guess I'll just have to hunt some out :(

If it weren't for LA Noire coming out next week, I'd totally buy #2 right now, but it will have to wait.

Benj:

Shepard dies and is revived at the beginning of ME2. You control him/her briefly at the beginning of 2 before the credits, and you don't get to see Shepard's face during that part.

As for Tali as a romance option in 2, yes, she is. But you don't get to see her face. (Shepard does, the player doesn't)

How did you handle the part with the Rachni queen? I have a feeling they're going to return as part of Shepard's army in 3, if you let her live.

One thing I've heard about 3 that I like is that they're bringing weapon customization back, but you won't have an inventory system that can get full easily like it could in 1.

Edited by GhostMachine

Trying to remember what I assumed were the 'big' decisions...

I freed the Rachni Queen, I was almost going to kill her for the safety of the universe, but her speech about her children and the music got to me, and it made them come across as much more than just the mindless killers they had seemed, so I let her live and freed her. I killed off Ashley, as previously mentioned, simply because Kaidan was a regular squad member, and I was extremely bitter about killing my love interest. The thing about not seeing Tali's face doesn't bother me. I hear The Shadow Broker plays a major part in later games, and I refused to help them break the law, so I figure that's probably going to cause me headaches later on. As mentioned previously, Council died and Anderson took over. Convinced Wrex that bringing back his species that way was wrong (I presume that's going to be important, because I got an achievement for convincing him out of an 'impossible situation'). I had no love interest because Ashley died.

Those are top of my head, not sure what others will play a huge role.

I think I'll give ME2 it's second play through once I finish Gears 2, it was pretty awesome. I want to play again because I don't really remember the big choices I made in ME2, but I still loved ME1, the original ending was the most epic thing I've seen in a game, second only maybe to MGS4, but I guess it might be dependant on the choices I made at the very end.