Matt Groening / 9/11

K

My mother was convinced that Matt Groening was killed on 9/11, and has apparently believed that for the past four years.

I knew he wasn't.

I proved it to her by showing her his IMDB profile, and playing a futurama audio commentary recorded after that date.

She said she read it in the paper.

Now that I think of it, I'm kind of sure I recall that rumor as well.

Anyone else hear that rumor?

Never heard that but I heard that the creator of Family Guy was suppose to be in one of the planes that crashed on 9/11

Which is very true. He was slated for a 7:45 AM departure from American Airlines Flight 11. He arrived at around 8:00 AM, and literally minutes after boarding was stopped for that flight.

I heard that Kenan & Kel one too. Kenan died and Kel was on a life support machine or something like that.

I also heard that Johnny Knoxsville died while doing a Jackass stunt.

I haven't heard this one though.

The Knoxville one was an internet one claiming that he'd died whilst parachuting and eating an economy sized tin of beans. One of those generate your own CNN news story things. It was so blatantly obvious that it was fake but lots of people still believed it. I never heard about the Matt Groening thing.

I haven't heard the Groening one, but a few years ago, in my last year at Secondary School, a rumour went round one lunch-time/afternoon that Jennifer Lopez has been killed in a car crash.

I heard that Kenan and Kel one

And no it wasn't the creator of Family Guy who died on 9/11. He is very much alive and making a new series, I think you are thinking of one of the main writers of Frasier. He was on on eof the planes which crashed into one of the building iirc.

And no it wasn't the creator of Family Guy who died on 9/11. He is very much alive and making a new series, I think you are thinking of one of the main writers of Frasier. He was on on eof the planes which crashed into one of the building iirc.

...Read Midget's post

Guest The Psychotic One

I heard that Kenan and Kel one