The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Yeah, I ended up going with Helen.

The split ended up being 11 men and 9 women, but there were some people I really wanted in the game who were better fits than people from their season. Oh, well. Episode 1, Part 1 should be up soon.

Parvati's votes are in and they're for Jerri, Jenna, and Ethan. Her honorable mentions are fucking James and Ozzy.

Uh. Yeah. Wow.

Tom Westman: 2

Ozzy Lusth: 2

Stephenie LaGrossa: 2

Cirie Fields: 2

Ethan Zohn: 2

Amanda Kimmel: 1

Rudy Boesch: 1

Jerri Manthey: 1

Rupert Boneham: 1

Rob Cesternino: 1

Todd Herzog: 1

Stephanie Valencia: 1

Jenna Morasca: 1

Someone on Survivor Sucks did another tally of where the fan vote's at. Top five are currently Cirie, Rupert, Rob C., Ozzy, and Tom Westman, with Todd and Amanda within thirty votes of that.

At this point I'm tentatively guessing that Cirie, Ozzy (eugh), and Tom W. get in this year but there are still some executive ballots to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ethan show up on a couple more ballots, really.

Just finished up Tocantins. What a great season and really easy to plow through. The supporting cast was a little weak, but the season's main players were great. JT, Stephen, Taj, Coach, and Tyson were all fantastic to watch, and Sierra was okay, too. The rest were a little boring I found and to be honest, I don't remember a lot of the people from early on (other than Sandy) even though I watched the thing in two days.

The show's challenge producer voted for Amanda, Coach, and Cirie, so Cirie's now the first player at three votes. If this were TCD's game she'd be in already!

Cirie Fields: 3

Ozzy Lusth: 2

Amanda Kimmel: 2

Coach Wade: 1

Another producer has voted, and he voted for Yul Kwon (!!!) and fucking Ozzy and Coach. Sigh.

Cirie Fields: 3

Ozzy Lusth: 3

Coach Wade: 2

Yul Kwon: 1

First three sets of press corps votes up. Ozzy got three votes so... uh. Yeah. He's in this year, hilariously. Elsewhere Tom Westman got two, and Cirie, Rudy, Stephenie, and Ethan all got one each.

Ozzy Lusth: 6

Cirie Fields: 4

Tom Westman: 4

Stephenie LaGrossa: 3

Ethan Zohn: 3

Benjamin "Coach" Wade: 2

Rudy Boesch: 2

Yul Kwon: 1

I think part of it is his charity work (and really, in terms of Survivor winners who have made the most of their win in terms of being an ambassador for the show and an example of someone taking the money and fame and using it to help people, he's probably up top with the only people comparable being Jenna for obvious reasons and perhaps Yul Kwon), part of it is that he's by all accounts an incredibly nice guy, and part of it sadly might be that his cancer returned a couple months back so he's fighting that again.

Those Ozzy nominations are painful to read.

The first one is all "he's good at challenges, and yeah, he made some really stupid mistakes, but he's hot."

The second one is all "he sucks, but he is a dolphin." That's literally the only thing positive she says about him. He's a human dolphin.

The third one is all "he's not good at strategy or socializing, but he's good at surviving."

Ugh.

Gordon Holmes, the final executive committee member, votes for Rob C., Jonny Fairplay, and Rudy.

And the first official inductee into the Hall of Fame this year is Cirie Fields with four executive committee votes and first place overall in the fan vote. Absolutely deserved, she's arguably the single most dangerous strategist the show's ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go back and watch Palau over the holiday break. I actually really liked the twist and how it lead to the division of the tribes (I didn't like two people going home right off the bat, though).

One thing that has ALWAYS struck me as bizarre is Coby choosing Caryn over Angie. Probably the most "WTF" moment in the first episode because the editing suggested Coby and Angie were quite close. It's funny how something as simple as that one choice probably affected the whole season. Ibrehem would still have ended up on Ulong and probably would have chosen Caryn over Wanda, but it'd be difficult to guess whether Angie would have taken Willard over Jonathan. That one choice could have drastically changed the game and made for more interesting tribe dynamics. Especially on Korror - I never liked the Ian/Tom/Katie/Jenn/Greg alliance. It seemed to clique and high-school esque. Had Jonathan and Angie ended up on Koror, I still think Koror would dominate the challenges and probably knock Ulong off one-by-one, but the post-merge would be infinitely more interesting. It'd be interesting to see if Jonathan/Angie/Janu/Coby/Stephanie or whoever survived from Ulong vs. Tom/Ian/Katie/Greg/Jen would have been an interesting showdown and had for some great post-merge tension.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I've always hated that Willard got fucked over by the editing. It sounds like he was an amazing character and the proto-Randy. Faking a stroke just to get extra water? Wow.