The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Rewatching Micronesia for the 5th time or so :pervert: Joel taking out Mary with the first vote just because she was somewhat close to Mikey was done waaaay too early, he clearly had an obsession with becoming famous via blindsides. I always felt Mikey would have done well with a better, more sane tribe. He seemed to have the goods.

Yeah, Mikey B and Tracy were really the two strongest players on the fans' side. Pity neither will probably ever play again, though I think Erik and Natalie B. both might and that'll be fun.

What bugs me about Micronesia is all the players who drop out.

Can't really care for Fairplay, but Chet quitting was really unfair on Tracy (not the mention the two or three others guys who got voted out in order to protect Chet). Would have been really interesting to see what would have happened if Jonathan had stayed in though, it really looked like he might have gone far if it wasn't for that one challenge.

Yeah, Micronesia was an incredibly rough season as a whole, especially because of stupid challenges like the one that injured Penner. Chet quitting was awful, he never should have been cast in the first place. I felt for Kathy in retrospect, though, because apparently what basically got her was being on Exile for the first two times in a row, subjected to heavy rainstorms with no real shelter which took a huge physical and mental toll on her.

I also remember reading somewhere that China hadn't aired yet when Micronesia began, which is why Amanda got such a soft response. But then James doesn't make sense, 'cause he got a big pop, Kathy was a fan, and Joel said James was the biggest Survivor until now bla bla.

If they ever do another All Stars-like season and they allow third time players like in HvV, I'd like to see Yau Man and Jonathan Penner again.

A few episodes from China had aired by the time Micronesia started, so they knew James and Amanda, but they didn't get to see all of it. Because of that they didn't really see Amanda play her full game, know that she made it to the end of China, or even what happened to James (he refused to tell the fans how he lost China beyond "I'm the dumbest Survivor ever").

How amazing was James from Palau? They should have brought him back for FvF and not James from China. I love when he says "This is America and we are going to do democracy" because... they aren't in America. Ulong getting knocked out robbed us of a true Survivor mastermind... James legacy being cut short is tragic.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

You ain't lyin'.

Angie was the real victim of Palau, though. If that stupid twist hadn't happened (or if Coby hadn't picked fucking Caryn in the first episode) who knows what would have happened?

Yeah, Angie truly was shafted. Caryn was kind of a dud of a character, came across like a cunt and offered nothing really interesting to the narrative. Angie was interesting and actually seemed to have legs in the game. I still maintain, had Coby been smart and chosen Angie, he probably would have fared MUCH better in the game. He'd have an instant ally against the Katie-Tom-Ian brigade, which was always going to be the dominant alliance. Really stupid move on his part.

I expected bios to up by now of the One World contestants for some reason. I am very intrigued by the concept and most likely no returning players.

Also, S25/26 will happen and will be filmed earlier than usual. This probably means Probst will fly back to the US during the taping of 26 to do the 24 finale, and the 26 finalists will almost have to wait a full year to find out who won >_< Shawn Hantz is also suspected to be part of S25 -_- Wouldn't surprise me. I bet Jeff is jizzing in his pants thinking about the possibility of having three Hantz' on All Stars.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Ugh. Fuck the Hantzes.

I'm legitimately excited for One World. It's the first twist in a long time that feels natural and like it should be part of Survivor. The Medallion of Power, Redemption Island and the over abundance of HII have made the game so convoluted, that a simplistic twist like "two tribes, one beach" is very welcomed.

Hopefully the One World leads to less Pagonging, too. If players from opposing tribes get to know each other before the merge and build some strong bonds, it should create some very unique alliances and struggles at the end game. Probably a fair bit of tension between the tribes, too. Should be a fun season.

I have not. I am in nowhere near good enough shape to be on the show at present. It would be like Billy Garcia II: Biracial, Not a Metalhead Edition.

Pleatherface has, though!

Bah who cares! Both of you should apply simply to live out my dream!

But seriously, ever since the show debuted I've wanted to apply so badly, but being Canadian I can't. And I highly doubt they've got a Canadian versus US version in the works... :(