The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

My ideal cast:

Greg B, Jeff V, Savage, Shane, Jim, Hayden, Jeremy (and of the S30 cast assuming they don't win) Vince, Rodney, Mike

Kelly Wiggles, Teresa, Peih-Gee, Natalie T, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Kass, Tasha (and of the S30 cast assuming they don't win) Shirin and Jenn

Of the list, I have no interest in seeing probably 50% of them play again. Kelley Wentworth and Keith? Duds. Cliff and Woo? Duds. Angie from Philippines? Dud. The older characters are interesting because they've had time to sit back and reflect on their times in the show in a meaningful way.

There are a few people I'm surprised aren't on the list like Eddie from FvF (notable for saying if he won the game, he would design a "dog bar") or Kenny from Gabon. It is a shame there are no winners, because the best character from the last ten seasons (Sophie!) won't be able to come back.

At this stage, I would guarantee that the following people will be cast: Jeremy, Spencer, Kass, Tasha, Hayden, Ciera, Fishbach, Buis and Kelly Wiggles. I assume some duds, like Keith or Woo, may slip through the radar.

The funny thing is I first heard about this twist because of Kenny; I follow the Super Smash Bros. community a bit and there was talk about trying to get him in if he were eligible. I would have liked that.

For me, ignoring Worlds Apart for the time being:

Greg, Varner, Shane, Jeremy, Stephen, Hayden, Vytas, Savage, Spencer, Cliff

OG Kelly, T-Bird, Peih-Gee, Ciera, Tasha, Kass, Abi-Maria, Stephanie, Monica, Sabrina

But Worlds Apart will inevitably produce players I want back more than some of these, there are definitely a bunch of "wait, huh?" names now that I actually look at it on the whole.

Keith's a lock, I think. Behind Jeremy and maybe Natalie he was probably the most popular BvW2 character and he exists in a space that none of the other guys do. Which is too bad but it is what it is.

I would not be surprised if the list is actually greater than 40 at this point and will be narrowed down to 40 over the next few weeks. I cannot see a world where a few of these newer players are considered. I am also surprised that Marty and Kenny from Gabon aren't in consideration.

• 3 weeks later...

So the voting goes live for the Second Chances season after Survivor tonight...

Apparently some names have been removed (Kass is not on the list anymore :(). We will know for sure in like 12 hours who is on the shortlist.

Your Survivor: Second Chance ballot, with some Season 30 names that I didn't expect...

Women:

Ciera (Blood vs. Water)

Kass (Cagayan)

Monica (Samoa)

Natalie (Redemption Island)

Peih-Gee (China)

Sabrina (One World)

Stephanie V. (Redemption Island)

Tasha (Cagayan)

T-Bird (Africa)

Carolyn (!!!) (Worlds Apart)

Kelley (San Juan Del Sur)

Kelly (Borneo)

Kimmi (Australia)

Mikayla (South Pacific? Right? I think?)

Shirin (Worlds Apart)

Abi-Maria (Philippines)

Men:

Jeremy (San Juan Del Sur)

Jim (South Pacific)

Keith (San Juan Del Sur)

Shane (Panama)

Stephen (Tocantins)

Jeff (Outback)

Joe (Worlds Apart)

Max (Worlds Apart)

Mike (..................) (Worlds Apart)

Spencer (Cagayan)

Troyzan (One World)

Woo (Cagayan)

Terry (Panama)

Savage (Pearl Islands)

Brad (San Juan Del Sur)

Vytas (San Juan Del Sur)

The men's side of the equation is reaaaaaaally boring, especially since Greg Buis was either cut or a decoy. Pulling for Shane to make it in somehow.

EDIT: Apparently if Mike or Carolyn win the current season they'll be ruled ineligible to be in this one. So it could be misdirection?

EDIT 2: Here's a gallery with statements from everyone eligible. Shane's is magic. Kelly's kind of reveals that she still doesn't get it.

EDIT: Oh, and the voting page has "pick me" videos from everyone. Jeff Varner's is perfect and makes me think that he might have a genuine chance.

The men's side is so bad that I voted for Woo. I can't believe I voted for Woo, but I did. I voted for fucking Woo.

Shane and Kass will be my votes. The girls list is amazing. The men... meh. I'll be upset if Kass, Shirin and T-Bird don't make it. I'll be devastated if Shane Powers does not make it onto the show, especially with how many duds they picked for the men. I would probably put him as my all time favorite character on the show. He is that great.

EDIT: Oh... so you vote for ten men and ten women. There isn't ten people I want to vote for :(.

The 20 I went with on my first time voting.

Women - Kelly (not Kelley), T-Bird, Peih-Gee, Tasha, Kass, Ciera, Shirin, Monica, Stephanie, and Natalie

Men - Shane, Varner, Jeremy, Stephen, Mike, Savage, Spencer, Joey Amazing, Vytas, and Woo.

On the women's side I gave both Kimmi and Abi serious consideration and I might vote for them on future installments. On the men's side, bleh.

This time I went with:

Women - Kelly W., Peih-Gee, Stephanie, Ciera, Kass, Shirin, Mama C., Tasha, Abi-Maria, Sabrina
Men - Spencer, Woo, Vytas, Stephen, Shane, Joe, Jeremy, Troyzan, Andrew, Mike
I don't get the rational to have the vote be a daily thing

Realistically, I don't think Kass even makes it to the merge. But I want to give her a shot because I love her confessionals to death.

If Jim doesn't get picked up I'll be absolutely gutted. He was one of those players who should have gone deep into the game but got screwed over by twists (and Cochran who was more worried about being a character instead of playing the game).

Also would love to see Jeff get the nod, but that's selfishly because he was the first Survivor I actually remember rooting for and liking.

I'm only now learning that the Survivor subreddit is apparently very popular with ex-players, especially now that a lot of them are campaigning for votes. The best thusfar has been Jeff Varner's AMA. In particular, when he puts pregame alliances on blast:

I have and will continue to avoid pre-game alliances at all cost. Those who align before it starts historically have faltered early. The people who've won all-stars entered the game without ever chatting with anyone before. I'm hearing about lots of alliances, so I know there is a lot of chatter going on. But I'm intentionally avoiding it. So to those on the list who've reached out to me and I have not responded, it's because I can't wait to meet you organically on the island. And to those who are aligned and plotting, not only do I know who you are and what you're doing, but so does everybody else. So, calm down.

Pregame alliances never work. And when the word gets out you're in one, you are targeted day 1.

And while I have the platform, the douchebag(s) running those rogue twitter accounts trying to blow up people's games, thank you. It's nice to know that information. But you suck. You didn't get picked for the list, so step away from the computer and the game.

We've all heard about everybody (trying to set up pregame alliances), I'm sure. There are several "surrogates" out there or "proxies" if you want to call them that. They're trying to hook people up and some are buying into it. Unfortunately for them, they're not doing it in the shadows like they think. There are several early targets basted on their early activity. I suspect a player or three will be calling that shit out on day one. So those people in those alliances should be prepared. I'm not in one and won't try to be. I can't wait to see when the bombs go off, the scramble that will take place.

Also Jenn seems to lurk and just pop up whenever there's a good opportunity to make fun of herself. She's the best.

I guess this kind of stuff was happening before Survivor: All Stars, but it's so interesting that people get to talk organically before going on the show. It's never really happened before. I'm not a huge fan of it (that alliances could be created before the game), but at least it adds a new dynamic to the season.

Rob Has a Podcast is interviewing all 32 people. Shane's is by far the best interview. He does threaten to burn someone's house down.