3. Ultros (FFVI)

4. Steiner (FFIX)

5. Gilgamesh (multiple)

6. Kain (FFIV)

7. Barrett (FFVII)

8. Auron (FFX)

9. Black Mage No. 288 (FFIX)

10. Mukki (FFVII) :shifty:

I don't understand how you could vote for FFI characters. I can get trying to be all 'LOL FINAL FANTASY SUCKS TOO MANY CUTSCENES' and yeah, FFI was actually a pretty great game (I've never had quite as much fun as I had playing through the GBA remake for the Playthrough we did a year or two ago), but come on. It's a list of favourite characters. They didn't even have characters outside of 'X Mage' 'Fighter' 'Thief'.

But then, this list reminded me of 8-Bit Theatre. And that makes me sad, because I remember loving it, but fuck reading back about 10,000 daily comics.

Unfortunately I've only played two and a half Final Fantasies so it'll be weighted towards them, but here goes:

1. Auron (FFX)

2. Red XIII (FFVII)

3. Jecht (FFX)

4. Sephiroth (FFVII)

5. Barrett Wallace (FFX)

6. Cid Highwind (FFXII)

7. Yojimbo (FFX)

8. Wakka (FFVII)

9. Basch fon Ronsenburg (FFXII)

10. Heidegger (FFVII)

Don Corneo stiff to miss.

1. Ultros (VI)

2. Vivi (IX)

3. Sazh (XIII)

4. Galuf (V)

5. Mog (VI)

Mog was really only chosen because the moogles in general deserved a mention. So I just picked the most notable one.

... and now to use the rest of my votes on getting the characters nobody likes some votes. :shifty:

6. Cait Sith (VII)

7. Quina (IX)

8. Edward (IV)

9. Hope (XIII)

10. Yuffie (VII)

Edited by Black Majik

1. Kefka (VI, the best part of my favourite FF)

2. Sazh (XIII, best written character in any FF, shame his game was probably the worst, and that he was the weakest fighter in it. Hopefully XIII-2 rectifys this)

3. Ultros (VI, I love the side villian who you fight a bunch of times and can never seem to get rid of permanetly, they're always entertaining and fun, especially when Terra gives him shit for not letting Relm Sketch him)

4. Shadow (VI, Of all the protagonists in VI, he had the best story I think)

5. Vivi (IX, Great character development, probably would beat Shadow except I liked VI a lot more than IX)

6. Gilgamesh (V, See Ultros, plus I loved the music in the fights with him. Also Excalipur)

7. Laguna (VIII, I've always liked VIII even though the main characters annoy me, I liked team Laguna way better than any of the mains)

8. Barrett (VII, I haven't played VII in about a decade, but Barrett still stands out. Going to grab it off of PSN soon, maybe Barrett ends up higher)

9. Auron (X, Great mysterious badass, killed everything for me)

10. Kain (IV, More face/heel turns than Glenn Jacobs, was fun.)

Edited by pizzamonkey
  • Like 1

1 - Cid Orlandeau (FFT): I remember playing Tactics when I was about thirteen and struggling in the final few missions. If it wasn't for the Mother Funkin Thunder God I'd have been screwed as I only had one save and I couldn't go back. And he carried Excalibur. And his name was the THUNDER GOD~!

2 - Captain Basch von Ronsenberg (FF12): I actually really enjoyed FF12 and he's one of the reasons why. Cool and tough, without being ridiculously muscled, Basch was great. Especially when equipped with the Zodiac Spear.

3 - Sephiroth (FF7): THE Final Fantasy antagonist. Forgetting the final few battles were he sprouts wings etc. Sephiroth was a superb villain throughout. The part of the game in Midgar headquarters were he's slaughtered everyone and there's blood on the walls and floor was surprisingly chilling as a youngster.

4 - Auron (FFX): Very similar to Cid, Auron has a cool character and is also one of the toughest characters statistically.

5 - Delita Heiral (FFT): Another Tactics guy, I remember thinking Delita was ultra cool when I first played this. His line about everyone being in it for themselves in a tide of greed and that he "simply chooses to swim against it" is still one of my favourite lines from the series. Getting to play as his Holy Knight version was great.

6 - Odin (Multiple): A bit of a cheat pick but Odin is always the summon I look forward to seeing in new FF games. Particularly because of his random "mega death" appearances in FF8. I can still remember being gobsmacked by his death at the hands of Seifer.

7 - Lady Agrias (FFT): As you can probably tell by now, Tactics is one of my favourite games in the series. Agrias is remembered for me as being just insanely tough and far better than all the other party members. Until Orlandeau comes along and has all her abilities and more. Plus better stats.

8 - Kimahri (FFX):Giant blue lion man with a spear? Obviously going to make the list.

9 - Jecht (FFX): Tidus didn't annoy me as much as he does other people, but Jecht's continuous put downs were great when he began to grate.

10 - Vincent Valentine (FF7): I remember being underlevelled for one of the bosses (two headed ice/fire dragon rings a bell maybe?) and Vincent transformed using his limit. Everything was out of my control and both he and the boss kept absorbing then receiving damage and after about half an hour he pulled it out.

1) Kefka--The first game that I played that had a boss execute his plan. While I was putting my party back together, I remember thinking "Wow, he actually got what he wanted." I had NEVER seen that before.

2) Doctor Cid (FF12)--If Cid had been the main villain in 12, I would have loved him even more, instead I had to battle Vayne.

3) Squall--I never got the hate for Squall, maybe because I kind of relate to the guy personally.

4) Sephiroth--VII was the first Final Fantasy I played, and I played it for two years before I VIII came out. I loved chasing after Sephiroth, and Aries' death is one of the more shocking things that I had seen in my (young) life.

5) Hope--I mostly played Final Fantasy XIII during a snowstorm earlier this year, and I was sitting on the edge of my couch or pillow when I was working toward his big story arc with Snow.

6) Shadow--He was a true mercenary when you met him. If you wanted him in your party, pay the man. Then he'd leave.

7) Balthier--During 12, I loved his whole "leading man" shtick.

8) Brahne--She represented just about everything a video game boss should be: fat, ugly, and evil. I would have enjoyed more story with her.

9) Quina--I loved her credo at the beginning of the game: "I do what I want, you have problem?"

10) Maechen--Unconventional pick, but I loved his history lessons just for his voice.

1- Sephiroth (FFVII): Cliche I know, but I was 9 and I thought nobody could ever be as much of a badass. A nostalgia pick if any, but when I saw the thread title he was the first guy to pop into my head. Makes the voting easy.

2- Delita (FFT): The Final Fantasy with, in my opinion, the best writing. Nobody was as complex as Delita form start to finish.

3- Cid Highwind (FFVII): Similar to Sephiroth, but his foul-mouthed, cigarette-smoking, drunk was a character that I didn't relate to so much as enjoy. I was playing FFVII the same time Stone Cold was giving Stunners to everyone on Raw, it was just that kind of time I guess.

4- Kefka (FFVI): It was said before, but he was able to accomplish what he set out to do. That was just awesome and he was so maniacal.

5- Reno (FFVII): Last entry from this game, I promise. Another one of those "edgy" characters who has really stuck with me long after I've played through and through the game.

6- Vivi (FFIX): I really like FFIX but if I could have one complaint about the game it's that only one character really stuck out to me. This was that character.

7- Kain (FFIV): Could have been a couple characters from this game who made the list, but I settled on Kain because at the time of me seeing FFIV he just seemed cool.

8- Laguna Loire (FFVIII): He's one of those characters who doesn't seem that interesting until you are well done with the game and talking about it with friends or online. He just keeps coming up when I talk about FFVIII.

9- Sazh (FFXIII): Really powerful backstory coming into him and it made his journey through the game worth it. I enjoyed FFXIII, and he was a big reason why.

10- Rikku (FFX): In a series that has struggled to put out memorable female characters, she sticks out both for being highly entertaining and the countless cosplay that has made many people happy at anime conventions.