General Football Thread

Starvinho

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Former Bayern Munich defender Breno has returned to Brazil and is expected to join his first club, Sao Paulo, after serving more than two years in prison for arson.
The 25-year-old was convicted of starting the fire which gutted his Munich home in September 2011, but he was granted parole last week. He had until December 20 to leave Germany, but can not return for a minimum of three years.
"I am returning to Brazil with my head held high and I am taking it as a new start to my career," said Breno.

• Admin
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is upset at losing out to tennis ace Bjorn Borg as Sweden's top sports person of all time.
Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter ranked the top 150 Swedes but placed Ibrahimovic behind the five-times Wimbledon winner.
Congratulated by the paper, the PSG striker responded: "Thank you, but to finish second is like finishing last."
Asked for his top Swedes, he replied: "I would have been No 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others."
However, Ibrahimovic admitted that Borg, who also won six French Open titles, was a "cool person" and "a living legend".