General Football Thread

Starvinho

Everythings very vague at the moment and the club hasn't said anything (probably at Jonas' request), but the report I've seen seems to suggest he's on the right side of it. He looks all wrong without his hair though, and he's missing a left ball. :(

"I got my left testicle removed in Argentina. When I came back to England, [Pardew] told me to leave..." is a quote floating around from his interview.

I'd hope for Newcastle's sake that's just been poorly translated. Otherwise, wow and damn.

Who knows? That could quite easily have been a weird but oddly tactful way of covering it up while he was getting treatment. All speculation at this point, for all we know Chris Hughton might have been helping him out even more with the move to Norwich, he only played 4 games or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Former Fulham and Millwall striker Barry Hayles had to miss Truro City's game against Slough Town at the weekend after injuring his hand with a knife. The 42-year-old needed stitches after cutting his hand open while preparing an apple for eating. "These things happen and his experience would have helped in the last 20 or 30 minutes of the game," said boss Steve Tully, following his side's 2-1 defeat in the Southern Premier League.
FC Santa Claus, a football team from Lapland, were promoted to Finland's second division after beating Rotuaarin Pallo 1-0 on Sunday. Santa Claus clinched first place in the third division with 50 points - and 104 goals - from 20 games. The team, founded in 1993, comes from Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland near the Arctic Circle, which is normally covered in snow from October to April. The region claims to be Santa's home. Team spokesman Jouni Toyras said: "We're happy to show people that we're in this for fun, but we also take it seriously as you can see from our fine result."

• 2 weeks later...

That's an impressive comeback. Perhaps some of them have impressed enough to soon be playing first team football... on loan Vitesse Arheim.

• Like 4

• Admin

2edfce6b1dc5783e1d11cded1477c3f7

" data-width="466">