Roland Garros 2011

EddieG

Well I got that one spectacularly wrong. Djoko looked a little off it but Federer was awesome from the get go, when Djokovic finally got himself playing better he still was a little behind Federer. Unfortunately Nadal has Federer's number and as much as I'd love to see Federer beat Nadal for it and exorcise that demon - I can't see it happening.

Have to admit I thought the 3rd set would be elementary, maybe 6-3 Nadal, but Federer doesn't just give up in Grand Slams. I'm rooting for him because I've always liked him and never really taken to Nadal, and I suppose his style of play just entertains me more.

Roger's got his second wind. Despite that, Federer can't make any mistakes from here on out, I mean if he pushes it to a 5th it's anybody's game but Nadal is just so hard to beat in back-to-back-to-back sets. Has that ever happened at Roland Garros?

The crowd is intense too. I love it though, Federer is at the point in his career where everyone cheers him. Much like Agassi was in the few years before his retirement, loved everywhere. I remember watching Andre's last match while I was in the UK and you'd have thought he was born and raised right there in London by the way the people in the pub were talking about him.

Down 4-1 in the fourth set, and facing break point against Nadal :|

Sigh, is it mostly psychological for cases like this? I'm assuming Federer has spent some time watching tape of Nadal at work.

EDIT: Ah fuck, now 5-1 for Nadal in the fourth, and Rafa's serving for the title :|

EDIT2: And triple Championship point already.

EDIT3: Well played, Nadal. Well played.

Edited by maninblack