Games that should be given the HD treatment.

TKz

Metroid. I've always thought, even after Metroid Prime Trilogy and Other M, that if we ever get to see a 1080p high definition Metroid game, it would be one of the most graphically beautiful games ever made. Their style has always been ahead of the curb in my opinion, and they even pushed the limits with Other M, but... I'll always want more when it comes to that franchise, and I'd love to see a real HD Metroid more than anything.

Aside from that? Starfox, Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, FFVII, MGS... and hell, you know what? I agree with Lint, I want HD Battletoads, because that game was the shit as a kid. Double Dragon wouldn't be so bad either. Mother/Earthbound, Star Tropics... shit, really, a lot of Nintendo classics would be amazing. But, again, this is me wanting full high res, not Wii "high res"... I would absolutely love seeing them in their full 1080p glory.

• Like 1

Road Rash :D

Winner. Can't believe I forgot tht. There were plans for one, but EA dropped it, there's some screenshots from an early build floating around somewhere.

Oh, yeah. But fuck the Wii.

OK, Perfect Dark then.

They did that already didn't they? On XBLA, I think. Or was that a straight port? I didn't really pay any attention to it since I never played the original.

Three words.

Root. Beer. Tapper.

Metroid. I've always thought, even after Metroid Prime Trilogy and Other M, that if we ever get to see a 1080p high definition Metroid game, it would be one of the most graphically beautiful games ever made. Their style has always been ahead of the curb in my opinion, and they even pushed the limits with Other M, but... I'll always want more when it comes to that franchise, and I'd love to see a real HD Metroid more than anything.

How in the shit did I forget about Metroid?

Road Rash :D

Winner. Can't believe I forgot tht. There were plans for one, but EA dropped it, there's some screenshots from an early build floating around somewhere.

Oh, yeah. But fuck the Wii.

OK, Perfect Dark then.

They did that already didn't they? On XBLA, I think. Or was that a straight port? I didn't really pay any attention to it since I never played the original.

Well, the textures are better, but that's just about the only thing they changed. The models are the same, the audio's the same.

MGS series, Resident Evil series, Final Fantasy series, Crash Bandicoot series, Vagrant Story, GTA 3 series, Pokémon Red/Blue into a full blown Colosseum/XD style 3D game... there's definitely loads more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I would love to see a new top-down GTA.

You know GTA Chinatown Wars? It´s on PSP, NDS, iPhone and iPad. I know it´s a bit older, but a lot of people never took notice of it, but it is indeed a very good game and should be very cheap by now.

I'll echo a lot of people wanting HD updates of the earlier Final Fantasy games. I think starting with the 2D games is the way to go. I'd love FFVII as much as the next guy, but some of the magic might be lost with a graphical update and voice acting. The 2D remakes would feel, quite frankly, more like a totally new game. I know they did FFT for the PSP, but come on give us PS3 gamers a shot at it too.

Would echo a new Banjo Kazooie as well. That game was stellar. And Perfect Dark too.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Fucking THIS.

Other games I'd like to see redone and this-gen compatible:

-The Persona series, especially the complete version of Persona 1

-Ogre Battle 64

-Smash TV

-NES Pro Wrestling

-Police 911 (I'd actually get a PS Move for this)

-Tecmo's Champion Wrestler (Featuring the most awesome Road Warrior ripoff, NITRO PANKS!)