2011 College Football Season

Well, when Syracuse and Pitt bolt you know you're on the breathing tube with the young hot wife only needing to say "pull the plug" to collect your millions. Right now, all that's happening is that she's nice enough to let the family say goodbye. Even if she lets you live, you're a vegetable.

Mizzou is a weird case. It has some support from SEC schools, but not enough of them required to be added. They're still saying publicly that the Big 10 is their first choice and that the "SEC is what's left." Don't see how that wins them any favor.

Also, Texas is changing its tune on the LHN now. They all of a sudden have agreed to NOT show any type of HS games/highlights on the network (and the Big 12/all schools won't on any of its/their related tv outlets).

Yea, my bad. You got my point though. Nebraska and Kansas State occasionally would have went into the conference championship game ranked, but never would match up with Texas or OU. If TCU can recruit harder and actually be competition with TEX/OU instead of Tech and Baylor in the South this move could be great. BYU and West Virginia will be a good matchup year in and year out in the North, but like you said, the South would still dominate the conference.

They need a Big 10 type of split.

Just split the OK schools from the TX in you can make it work pretty easily:

OK/OKST/BYU/KSST/KAN/IST

TX/TCU/Tech/Baylor/WVU/LVILLE

Each of those brackets has a clear top/middle/bottom that lines up pretty well with the other.

Also, the "dominance" is a bit misleading with simply stating the 10 of 14 stat. Actually take a look at the games:

Nebraska lost the last two by a combined 4 points.

KState is 1-2 but their two losses are by 3 points, and the 2OT thriller with A&M.

That's 4 of those 10 losses by a combined 8 points. They've been highly competitive more often than not.

• Like 1

I doubt we will see Texas and Oklahoma in different divisions. They will probably want to avoid them facing off in the conference championship game in order to keep both of them highly ranked when BCS bowl bids are determined.

Absolutely ... but unless you get BYU, somehow wrangle ND, and add say a WVU then you're going to be left with a conference divide that's a bigger joke than the Big East is right now.

Speaking of which:

Preparing for Expansion ? LOL

Why would AF/Navy join when there is zero guarantee that you're an upgrade ? AF is in MUCH better shape in the MW even with TCU leaving. The MWC gets Nevada/Fresno St next year. Sure, Navy fits but without an AQ spot the move to the conference isn't going upwards or forwards.

Notre Dame, if their hand is forced, are thinking ACC, definitely not Big-12. I've heard and read that from more than a few sources. Obviously, they won't leave Independence unless absolutely necessary.

And I wonder how many more schools have to leave the Big East for the BCS to revoke their auto-bid. You'd think it'd be here soon. Is Pitt and Syracuse out after this year? Or the year after?

Big East might as well just call it a day.

ACC should just pick up Rutgers and UConn

SEC should get Mizzou (is it really worse than Vanderbilt?)

Big who the fuck knows should get Louisville and W.Va

Whatever's left can remain Big East for basketball and all ever else. Cincy and USF can find spots for football.

Notre Dame, if their hand is forced, are thinking ACC, definitely not Big-12.

The problem though, is I've heard absolutely zero going the other way though. The Big 12 has expressed interest before and were the darlings at one point when Jerry Jones lobbied for Arkansas and ND to join a few years ago (when he was propping up sales pitch for his stadium being built).

The ACC probably wouldn't go ND to be honest.

Also, I really don't like the idea of WV being in my "home" conference. I absolutely hate the fuck out them.

The problem with inviting West Virginia and Louisville is the fact that the Big XII wants to remain geographically small so that the families of players and fans can travel to away games. Of course, if that was their main concern we can expect to see Houston, SMU, and TCU joining the conference. I think at the end of the day, the Big XII will swallow geography in favor of higher competition. I wouldn't mind seeing Houston and SMU join the conference if it meant an expansion to fourteen teams, though. Both have decent football programs, and if SMU got into an AQ conference, June Jones might really be able to do some damage.

Obligatory fuck all you guys and bring back the SWC post.

Only I would say it's cool to have the Kansas schools and Okies in the conference as well, and it doesn't need Arkansas who really just feel right in the SEC nowadays.

^ 1000X that.

OU - OKST - TULSA - TX - TCU - TECH - TCU - HOUSTON - BAYLOR - KANSAS - KANSAS ST

BYU ?

I'd be down for that.

BYU or they can keep Iowa State, I'd like to see BYU fit into a Pac-16 more than the Big SW because of the rivalry with Utah.

Texas has been getting mauled today, their rating was not deserved.

Michigan State made a good decision. Stability in a program goes a long way towards continued success.

Big East is talking about upping the exit fee for their conference.