WWE '12

Guest rasko

Eddie's model looks fantastic but why, exactly, do top rope finishers no longer pin people? It looks so ridiculous when Bourne, Gabriel, RVD, or either Guerrero nail their finish and then just awkwardly stand up afterwards. I found myself using up custom finisher slots to make versions of their moves that actually pin people last year. It's by no means a game breaker but it's such an annoying little inconvenience. I wish they'd make it so you can elect whether or not to pin like you can with certain impact moves now.

Either way, everything else just keeps looking brilliant. I pre-ordered last week.

I'm hoping it's just some growing pains with the "B = chain pin" thing they introduced with SvR11. Truth be told, I'd rather have the awkward stand at this point than the really stiff-looking pin animations most of the flying moves had.

Yeah, auto-pin doesn't work in multi-man matches when you might so obviously be getting your pin broken up. I'd rather have the stand afterwards. At the very least you get to play arrogant-heel a bit in singles matches.

It would be nice if they added a 'hold B to pin' option on them though.

Not a single thing has grabbed my attention enough for me to buy it this year. Same old excuses year after year, all the models look off to me, the entrances are pish the gameplay looks the same as last year and well i'd rather not part with £40 when most the new guys i seen better CAWs on Custom Creations. As for the legends, yeah they're cool but they shouldn't rely on those of the past to sell a videogame, they should have their own and leave the wwe series for the current roster. Create an Arena dn't look all that great to me either, might be fun for about 5 seconds before i get bored of it and never use the feature again. Got no hopes for Universe 2.0 either. So yeah not a must buy at all for me, a rental maybe and then I'll decide.

Rant over lol.

Yeah, auto-pin doesn't work in multi-man matches when you might so obviously be getting your pin broken up. I'd rather have the stand afterwards. At the very least you get to play arrogant-heel a bit in singles matches.

It would be nice if they added a 'hold B to pin' option on them though.

Especially considering that whenever an auto-pin move gets broken up, your opponent gets right back up. The current way finishers go, they stay down unless you go for the pin.

Some potential created finishers can end in pinfall, so... there's that at least.

Guest JukeboxHero

Not a single thing has grabbed my attention enough for me to buy it this year. Same old excuses year after year, all the models look off to me, the entrances are pish the gameplay looks the same as last year and well i'd rather not part with £40 when most the new guys i seen better CAWs on Custom Creations. As for the legends, yeah they're cool but they shouldn't rely on those of the past to sell a videogame, they should have their own and leave the wwe series for the current roster. Create an Arena dn't look all that great to me either, might be fun for about 5 seconds before i get bored of it and never use the feature again. Got no hopes for Universe 2.0 either. So yeah not a must buy at all for me, a rental maybe and then I'll decide.

Rant over lol.

Really? They compare the game side by side here:

I wasn't even considering buying the game until I saw how much effort they put into changing things. It really seems like a different game. If there's ever been a year where the "same old thing" argument didn't hold up, it might be this one.

I have a $20 credit on Amazon from when I bought Madden, so I might give it a pre-order.

• Like 1

yes really, I didn't like SVR11 either. I really highly doubt I'll be buying it this year, nor next year if it hasn't had a complete overhaul, and when I mean compelte I mean every bug sorted. It's pretty pathetic when hair looks better in a game 10 years ago.

Trophy Spoiler:

Win a Superstar match at the WWE UNIVERSE Draft Event (Single Player)

Pretty excited if this means there will be an automated draft on the calendar. There also seems to be an overkill of CAW trophies and they finally got rid of the training checklist trophy.

Pages up for the likes of John Morrison, Sheamus, Ted DiBiase and Ziggler.

For some reason, Morrison's finisher is the C4..?

He's used it in a few matches, but I wouldn't doubt it's like Jack Swagger's finisher, in they just haven't bothered to record the in game footage for his finisher and will "update" it later.

yes really, I didn't like SVR11 either. I really highly doubt I'll be buying it this year, nor next year if it hasn't had a complete overhaul, and when I mean compelte I mean every bug sorted. It's pretty pathetic when hair looks better in a game 10 years ago.

So you want a complete change up of everything in the game and no bugs? You realize the reason they won't completely change the model of the game is not to open themselves to new bugs that will take multiple years to sort out?

• Like 1

Guest BK2010

So you want a complete change up of everything in the game and no bugs? You realize the reason they won't completely change the model of the game is not to open themselves to new bugs that will take multiple years to sort out?

Just an excuse for their laziness.

• Like 1

Creating an entire new engine would give us a lot more bugs. THQ is fairly lazy, but being annoyed at them for not creating an entire new engine is silly. It's a model that works with a few bugs and honestly, plenty of us like the engine they've got in place. It's not super exciting, but it's the closest way to creating a fun and challenging recreation of a WWE match. All other attempts have been terrible, All Stars, iMPACT, RAW... The only one that (in my opinion) was different and not entirely awful was Legends of WrestleMania (and I'm well aware I'm alone on this).

• Like 1

Just an excuse for their laziness.

I really hope you're joking and not actually this stupid.

• Like 2

Creating an entire new engine would give us a lot more bugs. THQ is fairly lazy, but being annoyed at them for not creating an entire new engine is silly. It's a model that works with a few bugs and honestly, plenty of us like the engine they've got in place. It's not super exciting, but it's the closest way to creating a fun and challenging recreation of a WWE match. All other attempts have been terrible, All Stars, iMPACT, RAW... The only one that (in my opinion) was different and not entirely awful was Legends of WrestleMania (and I'm well aware I'm alone on this).

What? Legends of Wrestlemania was, though limited, very fun. Which I thought was a fairly consensus opinion.

What? Legends of Wrestlemania was, though limited, very fun. Which I thought was a fairly consensus opinion.

I don't remember seeing much praise. I really liked it, obviously it's got a short life span and doesn't really work outside of the 'story' modes, but it was still great fun. I loved recreating some of the moments and I'd really like to see another one, or at least another game like it.

No I'm not joking, i'd rather them spend 2 years making a game worth playing than knocking one out every year for no reason but greed.

That's what you'd prefer, but you don't matter. At all.

What matters is this is a HUGE cash cow for THQ and they'd be stupid to NOT put out a game every year. Same goes for Activision (Call Of Duty) and EA (Madden, NHL, etc...).

Video games are a business, they are in it to make money, not make you happy.

• Like 2

No I'm not joking, i'd rather them spend 2 years making a game worth playing than knocking one out every year for no reason but greed.

For fucks sake, it's taken them 10 years to get to THIS point, you really want them to start over on an entirely new system? You really think that will solve the problems the games have? Hell, the gameplay is barely one of the problems at all any more, it's been a lot better recently. If they can iron out the problems with Universe mode and the problems with multi-man matches (which I'm not even sure you could really fix at all) then I don't think most people would have any problems with the games.

• Like 2