WWE '12

Guest rasko

I absolutely love this game. At Night of Champions, the Champion Scramble match for the WWE title started out with WWE Champ Big Show against Kevin Nash. The two battle it out, but neither can get a pinfall. Just as the first 5 minutes pass, Nash hits Show with a Jackknife Powerbomb. In runs Del Rio (me), who throws Nash out of the ring and pins Show to take control of the match. Next, Booker entered. Nash ends up pinning Show while Booker is hitting his finisher on me. A few minutes later, Del Rio makes Show tap out to the Arm Bar, but as he does so, Booker hits his finisher on Nash, pins him, and is the current champ. CM Punk enters the match and he hits a couple people with the GTS. Del Rio steals a pin again by throwing Punk out of the ring and pinning Booker with 20 seconds to go. I figure I'll let the four of the guys battle it out as the time runs out, so I slide out of the ring and have some fun with Del Rio. I taunt the announce team a few times, not realizing that behind me, Show hits Booker with the WMD and pins him with one second left in the match. Big Show retains.

Most fun I've had with the game in a while.

• Like 2

Guest Yello Mit

The first glitch I've gotten is during a tables match against Undertaker, when I went to put him through one in the corner, he dodged it, I went through it, and then the tables pieces and myself started floating for about 3-5 seconds.

Just attempted the Taker achievement with Brock. Took 43 minutes but got there in the end, must admit game still feels easy but it's fun.

Also which Free Brawl arena is the window in?

Edited by zrc

Just had quite the mark-out moment. I'm Brock against Undertaker in a fatal four way elimination match for the number one contender spot. Having beaten Randy Orton and Tyson Kidd (don't ask) to within an inch of their lives, Brock's pretty tied, but Taker's fresh. I can't reverse anything, get hit with the Last Ride and the Tombstone, but I miraculously kick out. Every time I go to do a move or even throw a punch, it's reversed. Properly getting beaten down and eventually caught with a second tombstone. Kick out again by the slimmest possible margin, and eventually catch Taker going for another Last Ride, hit the F-5 out of nowhere and get the win.

R-Truth just turned and beat up Rey Mysterio to re-unite with The Miz, Cole and Swagger then beat Rey up after he lost (I'll have to check and see if he's injured as it was with a chair and either Cole or Lawler were rabbiting on about how they needed a doctor or a medical team or somesuch but there was no X or stretcher so it's probably just a line of dialogue). Regal was fighting Brock in the main event. Kozlov attacked Regal prior to the match (Regal has been on a run, but isn't in the title hunt, Brock is champ).

Am beginning to understand the appeal of universe mode now. I can't decide if I wan to bother with NXT. I'm thinking I could book it and use if for the guys not on the main shows with a main event of someone I want to move from minor to major champion calibre as well as re-establishing a tag team division.

Do you guys book every Raw/Smackdown or let the computer run with it? I'm thinking I might let the AI decide on the feud, then once one is established via a cut-scene I'll run it through to the PPV, or does the CPU logically book feuds to a conclusion?

Also if you team the same two guys up a few times and they keep winning do they become a team or do you have to manually create every team if you're booking? I know the CPU can create them as Kane is teaming with Jackson for some reason.

It seems weird that the champion seems to face random guys in non-title matches every week, but I had been simming up until now, so I'm unsure if they don't tie in to the storyline somehow or if the champion gets beaten down beforehand (Henry when champ would lose nearly every non-title fight then pick up the win at the PPV when the belt was on the line).

Also how do the rankings work? Some guys seem to be near unbeatable but never progress whereas some of the main event type guys lose every week and never seem to drop out of the picture (Del Rio wins like 1/5 matches and is still in the title hunt, same with Booker T).

Made it to the Royal Rumble last night - the main event before the Rumble was Randy Orton defending against Mark Henry who had won a three way cage match on Smackdown to get the title shot. After Orton won by pulling an RKO out of absolutely no where (man that's awesome, right?) Steve Austin came down and stomped a hole in him. Next at the Rumble, Austin came in 2nd and I decided to take control of him. I made it all the way to the end - 27 was Lesnar, 28 was The Rock, 29 was Santino and 30 was The Undertaker - and it came down to Austin and The Undertaker, after a very intense battle Austin won.

I really liked how with Austin, Lesnar and The Rock in the ring - Santino absolutely refused to enter the ring and kind of stood around for a bit before getting in.the ring, and the commentary mentioned the fact.

• Like 2

R-Truth just turned and beat up Rey Mysterio to re-unite with The Miz, Cole and Swagger then beat Rey up after he lost (I'll have to check and see if he's injured as it was with a chair and either Cole or Lawler were rabbiting on about how they needed a doctor or a medical team or somesuch but there was no X or stretcher so it's probably just a line of dialogue). Regal was fighting Brock in the main event. Kozlov attacked Regal prior to the match (Regal has been on a run, but isn't in the title hunt, Brock is champ).

Am beginning to understand the appeal of universe mode now. I can't decide if I wan to bother with NXT. I'm thinking I could book it and use if for the guys not on the main shows with a main event of someone I want to move from minor to major champion calibre as well as re-establishing a tag team division.

Do you guys book every Raw/Smackdown or let the computer run with it? I'm thinking I might let the AI decide on the feud, then once one is established via a cut-scene I'll run it through to the PPV, or does the CPU logically book feuds to a conclusion?

Also if you team the same two guys up a few times and they keep winning do they become a team or do you have to manually create every team if you're booking? I know the CPU can create them as Kane is teaming with Jackson for some reason.

It seems weird that the champion seems to face random guys in non-title matches every week, but I had been simming up until now, so I'm unsure if they don't tie in to the storyline somehow or if the champion gets beaten down beforehand (Henry when champ would lose nearly every non-title fight then pick up the win at the PPV when the belt was on the line).

Also how do the rankings work? Some guys seem to be near unbeatable but never progress whereas some of the main event type guys lose every week and never seem to drop out of the picture (Del Rio wins like 1/5 matches and is still in the title hunt, same with Booker T).

That's what I've been doing, although it has resulted in an unfortunate feud between Tyson Kidd, Brock Lesnar and Alberto Del Rios. Randy Orton just got involved too...in my most recent edition of Superstars. It's kind of annoying, because I want to see cutscenes and story lines, but the stuff the game comes up with is just brain dead and irrelevant.

Wade Barrett is extremely fun to play as. I've got his moveset down to a science, and his ending sequence looks excellent. I Irish whip the guy into the ropes so I can plant them with the signature on the rebound in the middle of the ring. Then wake-up taunt right into The Wasteland and pin.

I had watched the CPU duke it out between Barrett and Taker at Mania and Barrett actually won with a fantastic sequence like that, so I've decided he needs a huge push after that. I've held off his title win but it's going to happen at SummerSlam, the next PPV I do.

Just started getting into Universe Mode properly and had my first feud with my CAW. First card I interfered in a Del Rio vs. HBK match and attacked Del Rio. This led to a feud between him for a few weeks but then R-Truth came out of nowhere and attacked Del Rio. This led to Triple Threat matches for a while before R-Truth ran in after a match between CAW and Del RIo and attacked Del Rio. My CAW had left the ring but when he saw Del Rio being attacked he ran back in and took out Truth.

The Royal Rumble had come around in this time and my CAW had won so while feuding with Del Rio/Truth, I interfered in the Royal Rumble Winner match and attacked WWE Champion John Cena. I then had a match against Truth and Cena interfered and took me out.

This led to a feud between Cena and my CAW for the month before Wrestlemania. I had another CAW as an ally and he had Zack Ryder and we duked it out in different iterations of Singles, Tag and Single with Manager. This led to the Wrestlemania match where my CAW defeated Cena for the championship.

I set up a championship scramble for Regal's European Championship.

-Drew McIntyre and Sin Cara started out and beat the crap out of each other.

-Mason Ryan comes out and slams Cara for the first pin.

-Ryan and McIntyre traded pins.

-Santino Marella comes out and gets involved but doesn't look like getting a pin.

-Then finally Regal comes out, clad in his snappy suit from the United Kingdom storyline in RTW and just stands outside the ring.

-Mason Ryan slams Sin Cara again but can't pin him, as he and Mcintyre start to brawl.(Satino is down on the mat, after a future shock from McIntyre)

-Regal then casually strolls into the ring and pins Cara for the fall.

-Then he spends the rest of the final 5 minutes ducking in and out of the ring, hitting moves when he has an opening and ducking out again when he needs to.

-10 seconds to go, McIntyre connects with a future shock on Sin Cara and starts brawling with Regal. (Mason Ryan is down on the outside)

-8 seconds to go and Santino sneaks past the brawl, pins Sin Cara, gets the fall and holds on for the last 5 seconds.

That was the most enjoyable match I have ever watched.

• Like 1

This is the first WWE game I've had in about 4 years, so I've basically missed all the online sharing and extra creative components up until now.

- Create an Entrance is a little clunkier than whichever one I played last. I should not have to add a screen effect to choose camera angles. Overall it's not a big deal.

- Loving the online community aspect. Downloading CAWs is fantastic, and a reasonably quick process, provided the server isn't having issues.

- I hadn't touched Universe Mode (which is where the core gameplay is as far as I can see) until tonight. I've basically spent my free time for the past week (which has been a lot) just CAWing, and making storylines and altering attires and creating highlight packages to use as entrance videos.

- On the storylines note, I'm a little pissed that I can't upload a storyline I've done because it uses downloaded CAWs. I can't see why the download point can't just go to the original creator for the CAW, and you get one for the overall storyline.

- I'd prefer if the counter system was a little more forgiving on timing but brought back some of the guesswork so that matches became less about knowing the game and more about knowing your opponent. Matches against friends are little more than counter-fests.

- But absolutely love the way they've set up finisher counters. Feels exciting and tense. Probably the closest they will come to replicating false finish matches.

- The attire system is fucking Ace. I've filled the 4 attire slots for my main CAW, and I'm considering copying him to another slot to give him some more.

- RTWM is dire.

- A bitter experience has left me not liking comebacks. Orton landed an RKO on me and then proceeded to perform a comeback and land a few more hits on me, followed by another RKO. I don't know how he had a comeback while he was winning, but he did it.

- Disapponted by Create-an-Arena. Got my hopes up and thought you might be able to make/place set pieces on the stage area as well, but it was not to be. Massive variety of options in there already though, and a fine first effort. Create-a-Logo really makes every aspect of this game feel more alive and real.

I didn't realise it, but that comes across as some pretty big criticisms. Basically, those are only the small things for me. Creations and community is where it's at. Fantastic game IMO.

I had a glitch in my very first match. First show in Universe mode the main event was Michael Cole w/ Beth Phoenix vs. ??? w/ Maryse. The mystery opponent turned out to be my CAW. Halfway through the match, I'm applying an abdominal stretch to Cole when I notice Maryse walking through the ring. No, she didn't get into the ring, she was literally walking through it like a ghost passing through walls.

EDIT: Limb targeting is lots of fun. Feels good destroying Rey Mysterio's arm so Alberto Del Rio can lock in the Cross Armbreaker for the easy submission.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I had a glitch in my very first match. First show in Universe mode the main event was Michael Cole w/ Beth Phoenix vs. ??? w/ Maryse. The mystery opponent turned out to be my CAW. Halfway through the match, I'm applying an abdominal stretch to Cole when I notice Maryse walking through the ring. No, she didn't get into the ring, she was literally walking through it like a ghost passing through walls.

EDIT: Limb targeting is lots of fun. Feels good destroying Rey Mysterio's arm so Alberto Del Rio can lock in the Cross Armbreaker for the easy submission.

Well she is a member of the WWE'12 Men :P

Maryse - phasing

Husky Harris - ability to get objects to stick to his neck.

Edited by zrc

I had a huge glitch in the aforementioned Rumble last night where Austin just kind of started to slide all the way off the left side of the screen when he was trying to push R-Truth over the top - then came back on the right side and suddenly R-Truth was on the arena floor and Austin was laying on the mat on the opposite side of where he started.