nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

You know, the Bates Out brigade would maybe be able to get some non-morons to agree with them if they didn't bash Bates for everything he does/says even when it's not warranted and didn't immediately brand anyone who disagrees with their retarded arguments as a "Bates-lover".

Bastard, I had to go look that up. ¬_¬

Carlisle at home to Notts County in the opener, so will probably go to that as the Premiership doesn't start then. Then they're away to Bury the following week, Sunderland away to Liverpool so may see if a mate fancies a trip to Bury to watch it. For a laugh. ¬_¬

First 4 games:

Sat 6 15:00 Southampton A FLC

Sat 13 15:00 Middlesbrough H FLC

Tue 16 19:45 Hull City H FLC

Sat 20 15:00 West Ham United A FLC

Last 3 games:

Tue 17 19:45 Blackpool A FLC

Sat 21 15:00 Cardiff City A FLC

Sat 28 15:00 Leicester City H FLC

So nice easy start and end to the season. :unsure:

Wrong thread?

Just looked through our list properly and again we play Hull home and away on a Tuesday night, I wonder if we've ever played them on a Saturday :/ Fortunately most of our non-Saturday games (barring those moved for TV) are at home, which is useful since we were terrible last season in the midweek kick offs, so if that continues at least we'll have home advantage.

Wrong thread indeed. Sorry folks, I do miss the Championship.

Bit gutted Hartlepool start away from home, aiming to get to a few games this year to see how Nobby gets on. Warsaw at home first week of Prem, so to bring my previous post on topic can probably do that one if Newcastle moves for Sky.

Fairly unremarkable fixture list for Charlton. Disappointing that Yeovil away is on Boxing Day, because I'm probably not going to be able to make that, and Yeovil was bags of fun. Parking right outside the ground, excellent view of the pitch, friendly stewards, little terraced section... Pleased to see that aside from Huddersfield and Preston we've got a relatively straight-forward end to the season.

Edited by jack95

Aug 6 Bristol City A

Aug 9 Northampton Town (CC1) H

Aug 13 Hull City H

Aug 16 Southampton H

Aug 20 Peterborough United A

Good start for Ipswich, I think. All very winnable games, especially if Jewell continues to build on his squad the way he is at the moment.

Championship

Promotions: Birmingham, Leicester, Ipswich

Relegations: Bristol City, Doncaster, Peterborough

League One

Promotions: Sheffield United, Colchester, Huddersfield

Relegations: Exeter, Yeovil, Wycombe, Tranmere

League Two

Promotions: Plymouth, AFC Wimbledon, Crewe, Dag & Red

Relegations: Macclesfield, Barnet

Bristol Rovers start away to AFC Wimbledon.

That should be fun :shifty:

We then play at home the next week against Torquay. The team who's manager we stole a day after they lost the play-off's last season.

That should also be fun.

Hughton to become new Birmingham manager according to the BBC, pipping Roberto Di Matteo to the post. Can't complain about that appointment if you're a Birmingham fan, he's got the promotion pedigree and I think he should settle in OK at St. Andrews.