nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Just a reminder Leeds fans - Neil Redfearn is going to achieve a minimum 3-0 victory at the weekend, so I expect he will be appointed. Prepare to laugh at how much more inept we have become since the last time we played you.

We'll make you look like Brazil. 2-0 to Doncaster.

The Guardian now reporting that Clark is set to take over at Leeds.

I know people say it and don't really mean it, but, im close to fucking tears reading this.

Under Redfearn, I'd be surprised if we beat Doncaster. He's so tactically inept that I think the 11 year old who applied based on his FIFA record has more tactical nous.

Interesting about Clark getting sacked though, I can't see why they'd sack him if he's coming to Leeds, surely you'd sit tight and make us pay compensation. Doubt it's anything on field either, last night was their first defeat in 10 or something. Just seems strange all around.

• Admin
The LMA has issued the following statement in relation to Lee Clark’s departure from Huddersfield Town Football Club.

Lee Clark, said: “I am very perplexed as to why I was dismissed as the manager of Huddersfield Town. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed and shocked considering that, with just 16 games left, we are in a such great position to compete for automatic promotion.

“We built on last season’s momentum following the play-off final by creating history in the Football League record books for consecutive unbeaten games. This was an immense achievement by everybody connected with the club.

“I am massively proud of my record with Huddersfield and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, coaching staff, supporters and indeed everybody at the club. I now wish them all the very best for the future and hope they will ultimately achieve promotion this season.”

Lee Clark was appointed manager of Huddersfield Town in December 2008.

Since joining the club, Clark guided Huddersfield to league finishes of 9th, 6th, 3rd respectively, and he leaves the club placed 4th in npower League One.

In his first full season at the club, Clark led Huddersfield to the play-offs where his side narrowly missed out in the semis to eventual winners Millwall. Remarkably he won the manager of the month award three times in 2009/10.

Clark would once again improve his side's league position the following campaign, as Huddersfield finished 3rd in npower League One. Huddersfield then reached the play-off final only to miss out on a place in the Championship to Peterborough.

This season, Clark created history in English football with Huddersfield by setting a new record for unbeaten matches in the npower Football League, surpassing the 42 unbeaten matches set by the great Brian Clough in 1977-1978.

Huddersfield remain in strong contention for promotion this season by being just four points off the automatic places.

• Admin

Bates makes my blood boil. And I don't even feel anything for Leeds!!

The FA have now charged Ravel Morrison over his offensive tweets.

In lighter news:

Swindon manager Paolo di Canio has thanked the Football Association for giving him a touchline ban.

The 43-year-old Italian served the first game of his two-match suspension during Tuesday's 3-0 win over Crawley.

"Not ironically, I want to thank the Football Association for giving me the opportunity to watch the game from the stands," he told BBC Wiltshire.

"I give them permission to ban me for the rest of the season. We will win the league anyway."

Di Canio was sent to the stands in the win over Macclesfield and was issued with the touchline ban after being found guilty of improper conduct.

It is the second suspension he has served this season, having sat out of the win over Rotherham after being charged for his overzealous goal celebrations against Northampton.

He continued: "I don't have homework because usually if I stand in the dugout I have to watch the game again as I don't have a clear picture.

"If they want to ban me again they can do. My team now knows what they are doing now."

• Admin
English football is a step closer to reintroducing artificial pitches after the Football League announced plans to seek opinion on their possible return.

The public consultation will run until the end of April and canvas the views of clubs, fans and officials.

The Football League's chief operating officer, Andy Williamson, said there was a "clear appetite" to reconsider the use of artificial surfaces.

BBC Sport broke the news last year that artificial pitches could make a return.

Support is strongest in League One and League Two, where clubs are attracted by the potential financial benefits to be gained from the installation of an artificial surface.

"It is fair to say the Football League currently has an open mind on the issue," Williamson said.

"However, it is a decision that will clearly have implications for all those with an interest in professional football. It is important that everybody gets the opportunity to have their say."

More to follow.

Also, Billy Sharp related pic below. Warning, could cause offence.

AlpzxG0CMAAQDS8.jpg

Holy shit.... some people

I read that it was Twitter who deleted his account for the abuse.

Our club announced yesterday morning that they were investigating it and will do all they can to see the vile little scumbag brought to account for his actions.

They didn't call him a vile little scumbag in the official press release though, obviously.

Why do HMRC want a bigger punishment, what benefit do they get from that? If anything it makes the club look a less attractive proposition meaning fewer people will be interested, meaning interested parties won't have to/want to pay as much in the pound... Seems counterproductive to me.