The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

You're saying that winning La Liga with Barcelona in 2005 and 2006 is proof that you are a good manager, so instead you toss up an alternative who won the Premier League with Chelsea in 2005 and 2006?

I don't know what hairs you're splitting, but they be damn fine ones. :shifty:

Kean's biggest problem isn't his tactical ideal, it's the players he's putting in it. Fair enough, the injuries to the defence don't help, but if you want to play 4-2-3-1, he's doing it wrong.

GK - Robbo - no problem there

RB - Salgado (pushing on a bit now), then who? Bruno Ribeiro clearly isn't cut out for it, so we're playing a young CM there? Should have gotten a RB in the window Steve.

CB - Samba / Dann / Nelsen / Givet / Hanley - if not for all the injuries, this wouldn't be bad. Keep Givet away from LB though

LB - Givet - he's a CB, and too slow to be at LB. Olsson? Too attacking, should be a winger. So we need a proper LB too

CDM - N'Zonzi is fine here. However, the fact he keeps playing Pedersen & Dunn alongside him is a problem. Petrovic, who is sitting on the bench, is a far superior player in this position. Still short of cover after though, since Grella is made of glass.

LW - Hoilett is playing here when fit, but don't imagine he'll stick around too long. Olsson is good here though, should play more often

RW - Rochina is being shoved out here, when I think he's better suited behind the striker. Meanwhile, Vukcevic on the bench would be far better

CAM - Formica isn't doing too badly here, but I'd prefer Rochina to be honest. Dunn & Pedersen could slot in if needed

ST - Yakubu is fine, but needs more support from the 3 forward midfielders. Wish Goodwillie would get some more game time too. Roberts should always be last resort.

Ideally I'd go with:

GK: Robinson

RB: Lowe (until proper RB signed)

CB: Dann

CB: Samba

LB: Givet (until proper LB signed)

CDM: N'Zonzi

CDM: Petrovic

LW: Hoilett (until sold, then play Olsson here)

RW: Vukcevic

CAM: Rochina

ST: Yakubu

Subs: Bunn / Nelsen / Hanley / Pedersen / Formica / Goodwillie / Olsson (then Roberts once Hoilett gone)

Swap Hoilett and Vukcevic around and you have pretty much the team I would go for myself.

Last time we let a promising manager from the lower leagues in, we had to bring in Fat Sam to fix everything.

:lmao:

Big Sam was good for us if dull.

In other Blackburn news, Scott Dann is out for six weeks with a ruptured testicle.

Seriously.

You so would not be laughing it that happened to you.

And Ince is/was an atrocious manager. His entire reign at Blackburn was laughable and if he was ever employed as manager of my club I think I'd refuse to go...his newspaper columns don't exactly make me think "Hmmm, this guy knows what he's talking about" either.

• Like 1

In other Blackburn news, Scott Dann is out for six weeks with a ruptured testicle.

Seriously.

And Ince is/was an atrocious manager. His entire reign at Blackburn was laughable and if he was ever employed as manager of my club I think I'd refuse to go...his newspaper columns don't exactly make me think "Hmmm, this guy knows what he's talking about" either.

True. But it hasn't happened to met yet, so I'll continue to laugh uncontrollably.

Seriously.

True. But it hasn't happened to met yet, so I'll continue to laugh uncontrollably.

Well, here's hoping.

• Like 2

Seriously.

Prick.

• Like 2