The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

What's happened there?

1618: Not great for United defender Phil Jones this. He slips as he tries to jockey with Theo Walcott, who is running at him down the left and lands painfully on his left ankle. Walcott wastes the opening, as he fails to spot Robin van Persie has come short for the pull-back, and instead slams the ball into a crowd of defenders. But Jones is still getting treatment and I'm not sure if he can continue.

Other replays seem to show Webb saw the incident so if he had then there's nothing the FA can do is there?

Other replays seem to show Webb saw the incident so if he had then there's nothing the FA can do is there?

Depends if he puts it in his report or not.

As long as he didn't book him, which I believe he didn't, it is open to an FA investigation.

So he just went over rather than anything malicious?

Also, I fail to see how Man Utd are "cursed", Ferdinand has been injury prone for years and beyond that you just have Vidic and now Jones out, unless I'm forgetting someone. I'd hardly call 3 injuries (one to an injury prone player) a curse, a bit unfortunate, yeah.

Oh and Walcott, wank.

So he just went over rather than anything malicious?

Also, I fail to see how Man Utd are "cursed", Ferdinand has been injury prone for years and beyond that you just have Vidic and now Jones out, unless I'm forgetting someone. I'd hardly call 3 injuries (one to an injury prone player) a curse, a bit unfortunate, yeah.

Oh and Walcott, wank.

Every single outfield United player has been injured at least once this season.

• Like 1

The latter was by choice though and I know in at least one instance Fergie chose to play Carrick at centre half rather than having to (though I think there was a game where he was forced to play him). And fair enough, that's pretty remarkable, I thought the cursed remark was about their defence rather than the team in general.

Bit late but

Get in!

Not that I wanted City to win particularly, I'd have been equally happy with a Spurs win, a draw didn't help anyone.

I'd have liked a draw :(

Anyway, good first half from Utd and great goal so close to half time. At some times today Arsenal have been playing a 9-0-1.