The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

It was nice to share disappointed (and frustrated) tweets with Micky Hazard last night. What a legend.

BAE called it the "most irritating defeat this year".

Van der Vaart also focussed more his feelings than Man City - "Disappointed about the result today, we played a good game but unfortunatly no points.."

Kyle Walker is a great right back but I think at the end of the season we will be below them and Just Ryan will be able to spout more wank.

Spurs won't drop out the top 4 but I can't see them realistically winning the league either. I think the top 4 how it is atm will stay the same with City winning the league, United second and Spurs third and Chelsea getting the fourth spot. Spurs have to keep an eye on Chelsea the next couple of games especially with the run Spurs have (Haven't you got like us, Man.U, Arsenal and Newcastle?)

Us and Arsenal aren't good enough for the top 4 and I don't think Newcastle will break into the top 4 but are instead fighting for 5th/6th. But really depending on how Chelsea and Spurs do in the next 5/6 games will determine who will finish 3rd and 4th. From my point of view I feel Tottenham's big game to determine if they'll be outside challengers for the title or securing Champions League is the game against United.

Yeah tricky little run coming but mainly because they're away games. I trust Tottenham to beat Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool at home these days but away is always trickier. We've also got Man Utd at home but we lose to them wherever we play them whether we're on great form or whether they've been useless. It's just the way things seem to be from the start of the Premier League until forever. Basically for 3rd Spurs need to win games like Wigan at home this weekend, beat Liverpool and Arsenal away, get a point against Chelsea and maybe even get something against United. Fortunately Arsenal and Liverpool just aren't good enough at the moment to put pressure on and Chelsea are prone to poor performances and bad results.

Spurs won't drop out the top 4 but I can't see them realistically winning the league either. I think the top 4 how it is atm will stay the same with City winning the league, United second and Spurs third and Chelsea getting the fourth spot. Spurs have to keep an eye on Chelsea the next couple of games especially with the run Spurs have (Haven't you got like us, Man.U, Arsenal and Newcastle?)

They play Wigan next and then Liverpool (A), Newcastle (home), Arsenal (A), United (home). Very tough run of fixtures with Everton and Chelsea both away after that. Although Spurs do have a better team than all those teams outside of maybe Chelsea, so they should be looking to take at least 9 points from the next five fixtures.

It's a bit weird that Balotelli gets banned for 4 matches, but Lescott doesn't get banned at all. Webb didn't give decisions on either during the match did he? Although he didn't dismiss De Jong in the World Cup either, so Webb's probably just an old school rudo who only gives a free kick if you "saw someone in half".