The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Hey Aussies/Dutch.. Tell me about Holman.

For a while he was known as lolman in certain circles. A few stupid videos on youtube from doubters of his.

However this might put a smile on your dial.

2010-11: Brett Holman

October 2011

Brett Holman was named International Player of the Year for 2010-11 by Australia's Football Media Association (FMA) at the annual Black Tie Australian Football Awards held in Sydney.

"Brett Holman was the run away favourite of members of the FMA for this year's award," said FMA President, Steve Dettre of Infostrada Sports, in presenting the award.

The other nominees were Mile Jedinak, Matt McKay, Carl Valeri and Luke Wilkshire.

"Brett showed his value as an international player at last year's World Cup - responding to some of his critics in the best way possible - by doing the business on the pitch," said Dettre."His form continued throughout 2010-11 starting with the first game in the voting year when the Socceroos met Slovenia in Ljubljana last August."

The FMA's citation notes that, in the 15 games played in the 2010-11 voting period, Holman played in all but one (v Paraguay in Sydney, October 2010), creating numerous chances and scoring two goals. He is the only Socceroo to have played in the 11 matches of 2011 (up to the match v Serbia in Melbourne in June), demonstrating both his importance and worth to the team.

Holman's good form for the green and gold has also carried through to his Eredivisie club side, AZ Alkmaar, including in the current Champions League campaign, where he is a fixture under Dick Advocaat.

"The view of FMA members is that, in 2010-11, Holman has been instrumental in bringing a more fluent style of play to the national team and Australia looks more threatening in attack when he is in full flight," Dettre said.

For a while he was known as lolman in certain circles. A few stupid videos on youtube from doubters of his.

However this might put a smile on your dial.

2010-11: Brett Holman

October 2011

Brett Holman was named International Player of the Year for 2010-11 by Australia's Football Media Association (FMA) at the annual Black Tie Australian Football Awards held in Sydney.

"Brett Holman was the run away favourite of members of the FMA for this year's award," said FMA President, Steve Dettre of Infostrada Sports, in presenting the award.

The other nominees were Mile Jedinak, Matt McKay, Carl Valeri and Luke Wilkshire.

"Brett showed his value as an international player at last year's World Cup - responding to some of his critics in the best way possible - by doing the business on the pitch," said Dettre."His form continued throughout 2010-11 starting with the first game in the voting year when the Socceroos met Slovenia in Ljubljana last August."

The FMA's citation notes that, in the 15 games played in the 2010-11 voting period, Holman played in all but one (v Paraguay in Sydney, October 2010), creating numerous chances and scoring two goals. He is the only Socceroo to have played in the 11 matches of 2011 (up to the match v Serbia in Melbourne in June), demonstrating both his importance and worth to the team.

Holman's good form for the green and gold has also carried through to his Eredivisie club side, AZ Alkmaar, including in the current Champions League campaign, where he is a fixture under Dick Advocaat.

"The view of FMA members is that, in 2010-11, Holman has been instrumental in bringing a more fluent style of play to the national team and Australia looks more threatening in attack when he is in full flight," Dettre said.

Yeah, heard he had his doubters. Sounds like he's a worker though, which we always appreciate in this country. I hear conflicting reports on whether he's a winger/wide man/second striker, but if he can play wide, he's extra useful. We have two senior wingers currently, so he's a welcome addition.

After Arsenal scored the second goal Robin Van Persie told Krul he should carry on wasting time. Krul took exception to it and there was a little bit of handbags.

Of course Joe Hart can say "You aren't scoring past me motherfucker" to Scott Sinclair and that's just 'banter' or is it #banter these days? :-\

Because they're English. It's okay for English players to do that kind of thing whenever something bad happens it's usually because of a nasty man from some other country.

Holman has been in Holland for ages. He's a hard worker, decent technically and has improved his game a lot the last 2/3 seasons at AZ. Still, he's never been the standout player at AZ or any other Dutch club though, so it's not like you guys bought some hidden gem.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/kenny-dalglish-kit-deals-liverpool

What a right load of bollocks. Last 20 games under Dalglish have earnt Liverpool one more point than under Hodgson's 20 games and that's after he's spunked £75m on Carroll, Downing and Henderson... King Kenny, though, aye?

He's lost a few screws in his head this season Dalglish. Was saying to a few mates that I'd have Rafa back at Liverpool any day, I think while Dalglish has helped the team spirit and has had some good wins, I can't see us challenging for the title anytime soon for at least a couple more seasons under him. Especially when he buys shite like Charlie Adam, Downing and i'll give Henderson the benefit of the doubt because I see him in a similar situation to Lucas when he first came and now look how far he came on, he's the most important person in our team and we've missed him badly since he got injured.

Although I really can't see how anyone can justify their record by saying "Pfft we may be 7th like and about 4 points ahead of 14th but we've got a new kit deal and won the Carling Cup so there"

Really need to win today and this is the first time in a long time that I am actually not that confident going into the derby. Players need to buck their ideas up though cause I cannot be arsed watching another shite game (That Sunderland game was fucking awful not just from a Liverpool point of view, worst game of football I have watched in ages)

Oh yeh that was the start of him losing his marbles, but how can you say a kit deal is as important as victories? I mean we had a pretty good kit deal anyway but now we are getting a better one. Would rather win a game then have a few more quid to spend, considering Kenny's track record includes: Doni, Adam, Downing, Henderson, Carroll.