The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
Stoke: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Jerome, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington, Walters, Crouch.

Subs: Sorensen, Jones, Pennant, Upson, Delap, Shotton, Palacios.

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Toure, Clichy, Toure Yaya, Barry, Silva, Balotelli, Nasri, Dzeko.

Subs: Pantilimon, Milner, Johnson, Kolarov, Savic, Tevez, de Jong.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Liverpool can't really blame injuries to be honest. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have all had chronic injury problems throughout the season.

It's not the number of injures it's the players injured that is the issue. Johnson, Agger, Lucas, Bellamy and Adam are five of what would be a first choice starting XI most of the time. If not constant members of a match day squad.

I'm pretty sure that missing half of a first choice team is going to cause your team to performances to dip a little. Especially when it includes some of the most important first team players.

• Admin
QPR captain Joey Barton, who was an unused substitute this afternoon, tweets: "Not selected. Nothing I can do sitting on the bench. Obviously disappointed. Going to take a little Twitter sabbatical before I say something I'll end up regretting."

:lol: fuck off Joey.

If the season started on January 1st, Liverpool would be bottom of the league laugh.gif

KK's the Messiah.

:shifty:

• Like 1

If the season started on January 1st, Liverpool would be bottom of the league laugh.gif

Is there a table of that floating around somewhere? Would be interesting.

No idea I'm afraid, just something that was on the BBC Sport page.

I think whoever posted it meant joint bottom because I'm guessing QPR and Wolves are just as bad <_<

• Like 1

Looks better every single time.

Great to see Crouch score it too, always felt he never really gets the praise he deserves. A much better player than some give him credit for.

I don't think Carrol will turn into a player that's significantly better than Crouch but still loads of time for him to prove me wrong.

Hold on Stokies!

• Like 1