The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I don't think it would have made a difference ultimately, United could have score a lot today, even with Rooney looking off colour. Villa were very poor, incredibly defensive throughout, little to no interest in trying to get a goal.

I think referees just favor Man U to see how much they're gonna get away with before the FA does something.

I think the idea that referees 'favor' United is pretty much bullshit.

Oh come on. How about them last two penalties?

One incorrect penalty can change the entire outcome of a game. If Young hadn't of dived twice, there's no proof United would have got six points from the two games - so that table is bullshit.

I think referees just favor Man U to see how much they're gonna get away with before the FA does something.

Well, that's not subjective at all is it? Not commenting for or against the Man U thing, but what a rubbish website. Nothing to do with Newcastle being third at all...

You are being bias. The contact was Young kicking Clark, as Clark moved away. Young had no interest in following the ball.

The way I've saw it, is that Young has tried to plant his foot and then dart towards the ball (the direction he's looking) - that's when the contact occurs and he goes down. For Young to turn towards the ball, the position his boot comes down looks natural to me, and Clark's foot was there. Yes, he tried pulling away, but the two players made contact.

Except there is no contact, if there was, Young's standing foot would move left towards Young as he catches it, it doesn't, in fact it quite noticably jerks right.

It was a dive, Tom Daley is shitting himself now because he's got some competition for the Olympics.

I guess the outcome of the game could've been different if the defender (Baker?) didn't opt to step-over the ball minutes before Half Time, too. shifty.gif

Or if Villa did something other than put men behind the ball.

You are being bias. The contact was Young kicking Clark, as Clark moved away. Young had no interest in following the ball.

The way I've saw it, is that Young has tried to plant his foot and then dart towards the ball (the direction he's looking) - that's when the contact occurs and he goes down. For Young to turn towards the ball, the position his boot comes down looks natural to me, and Clark's foot was there. Yes, he tried pulling away, but the two players made contact.

Except there is no contact, if there was, Young's standing foot would move left towards Young as he catches it, it doesn't, in fact it quite noticably jerks right.

It was a dive, Tom Daley is shitting himself now because he's got some competition for the Olympics.

Gazz, I'm 100% certain the two players made contact. And like I said earlier, it's a lot clearer in the angle from outside the box looking straight at it, as opposed to behind the incident.

How about that 'corner' Wigan had?

One incorrect penalty can change the entire outcome of a game. If Young hadn't of dived twice, there's no proof United would have got six points from the two games - so that table is bullshit.

And there's no proof United would've lost or drawn those games either.

I guess the outcome of the game could've been different if the defender (Baker?) didn't opt to step-over the ball minutes before Half Time, too. shifty.gif

Well, that was schoolboy defending.

Then again, he's got his GCSE's in a few months, so it's excusable.

I agree the penalty wouldn't have made a difference to the result because Villa did exactly what I expected them to do and that was roll over and die, netting myself a nice £5 in the process for a Utd win to nil.

It might make a difference though if the title comes down to goal difference.

How about that 'corner' Wigan had?

And there's no proof United would've lost or drawn those games either.

WHICH IS WHY THAT "REAL" TABLE IS BULLSHIT.

I put it in caps because you seem confused.

That doesn't take into account how much decisions change games, it's hardly proof that referees don't favour Man Utd (and other big teams).

In the last few weeks alone Fulham had a stonewall penalty turned down late in the game, QPR had a penalty against them and a man sent off for less than fuck all, Wigan had a perfectly good goal disallowed and then Villa had a penalty against them because Ashley Young has problems with gravity.

That doesn't take into account how much decisions change games, it's hardly proof that referees don't favour Man Utd (and other big teams).

In the last few weeks alone Fulham had a stonewall penalty turned down late in the game, QPR had a penalty against them and a man sent off for less than fuck all, Wigan had a perfectly good goal disallowed and then Villa had a penalty against them because Ashley Young has problems with gravity.

Yeah because clearly De Gea isn't impeded... at all. rolleyes.gif

And now the Chelsea phantom goal, it's been a really poor season for refs this year and there needs to be more accountability for sure.

Yeah because clearly De Gea isn't impeded... at all. rolleyes.gif

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but you've ignored three good examples and focused on one which you think you can refute.

'Hitler killed 10 million Jews, was a racist, slaughtered loads of innocent people and crippled the German economy'

'He only killed 6 million Jews, DUH!'