The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

The Mirror, who were the first to break the news that Dalglish had been sacked, are saying that Roberto Martinez will announce on Tuesday whether he will become Liverpool's new manager. Wigan will hold a press conference this week in which Martinez is expected to announce whether or not he will stay at the club. It is understood Martinez has not made up his mind completely whether to accept that challenge and has given himself until Tuesday to do so.

One of the newspapers used the headline "See You Next Tuesday?" for the Martinez story. They're obviously either not a fan of Liverpool or Martinez. :shifty:

Thats Superb. Wouldnt happen to be the sun would it? Rumors abound that guardiola could be tempted to go to chelsea and that Man United would like him to succed Sir Alex. I know Fergie said he had 3 years left last season but if he were to go a year early to allow Pep to have his year long break with the chance to take over United i could see something being worked out.

One of the newspapers used the headline "See You Next Tuesday?" for the Martinez story. They're obviously either not a fan of Liverpool or Martinez. :shifty:

Thats Superb. Wouldnt happen to be the sun would it? Rumors abound that guardiola could be tempted to go to chelsea and that Man United would like him to succed Sir Alex. I know Fergie said he had 3 years left last season but if he were to go a year early to allow Pep to have his year long break with the chance to take over United i could see something being worked out.

I doubt Fergie will plan his retirement around what Pep wants to do, instead of, you know, what he wants to do.

• Like 1

Sky reporting that Brendan Rogers is going to meet with the Swansea chairman. Which comes as he has been made bookies favourite to become Liverpool manager.

Nobody knows!

The longer things go on, the less likely I think Martinez will get it anyway. If Dave Whelan is to be believed and Martinez would want 'full control' that would be a deal breaker for FSG.

Football chairman in meeting with his own manager shocker!!!

Fucking Sky.

Won't most Premier League managers probably be on holiday now, so it's pretty reasonable that they're making something out of this.

Slow news until the Euros it is!

I'm seeing on twitter that Liverpool have made an approach for Rogers.

• Admin

Football chairman in meeting with his own manager shocker!!!

Fucking Sky.

Sportsday Live were reporting Martinez had landed at Manchester Airport this morning.

:o!!!!!!!

Manager in 'comes back from holiday' SCANDAL!

I doubt Fergie will plan his retirement around what Pep wants to do, instead of, you know, what he wants to do.

Fergie can stay until he's 80 if he wants. That would be fine.

Brendon Rodgers to Liverpool. Think he would do well but will he really be able to push them to a top 4 finish I'm not sure. And we all know that's what they want. And rather quickly.

ANTON Zingarevich has completed the first stage of his takeover of Reading FC.

His Gibralta-based Thames Sports Investment company has acquired an initial 51% stake in the club for around £25 million.

The process was finally ratified by the Premier League and Football League earlier today following weeks of investigations into the 30-year-old Russian's background.

Zingarevich, who eventually wants full control of the club, has now joined the Reading FC board along with TSI's Christopher Samuelson and Andrew Obolensky plus Royals chief executive Nigel Howe.

Sir John Madejski will remain as chairman of the board, while Ian Wood-Smith stays on as another director.

The takeover will give manager Brian McDermott the green light to bolster his squad this summer following rumours of a failed £2 million bid for Nottingham Forest defender Chris Gunter recently.

• Admin
Manchester City have appointed Derby's Tom Glick as their new chief commercial and operating officer.

Garry Cook resigned as chief executive in September over claims he emailed Nedum Onuoha's cancer-suffering mother mocking her illness.

American Glick will leave Pride Park to take up the role with the Premier League champions in August.

City hope Glick will help the club "rapidly realise its ever-increasing commercial opportunities".

Glick worked in minor league baseball and the NBA in his homeland before joining the Rams in 2008.

He said: "This is an exciting time for all connected with City, and I am looking forward to joining and helping to drive the club's off-field development on its future journey."