Battlefield 3

DiamondCutter

I've always been a huge Battlefield fan, the experience is just totally different than that of any other FPS. True other titles have destructible environments, vehicles, and squad based multiplayer, but none do it as beautifully and as polished as what DICE has delivered on every outing.

It's safe to assume the shots they have been showing have been for the far superior PC versions, but just look how gorgeous they are.

You can't talk about Battlefield without addressing the elephant in the room that is Call Of Duty. Personally I enjoy both titles, but for completely different reasons. I believe that COD and BF are always going to be on the same level when providing a single player experience, they both play out like a solid Michael Bay effort. Not to say that's a bad thing, but their writing is what it is, a cliche, but entertaining thrill. I'm also a rider of the COD train but only for the fact that it's a great game to play with pals.

Multiplayer is what sells these games, and it's whats going to sell Battlefield. Battlefield's competitors' online communities suffer because of poor game mechanics that turn an other wise fun experience into a camping festival, filled with dirty and cheap tactics.

Battlefield however has a community where you will at some point get frustrated every match, but it's a good frustration that comes from authentic gamer moments like finally having your sniping position revealed after your enemy blew off the wall protecting you being visible.

I can't wait.

wub.gif

Battlefield 3 (commonly abbreviated to BF3) is a first-person shooter action video game, being developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. The game is set to be released on October 25, 2011 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[3] Despite its name, it is the eleventh installment in the Battlefield franchise, and the direct sequel to Battlefield 2, released in 2005.

Wikipedia

From

Bf3-pc-cover.jpg

Multiplayer Trailer

how do you embedd? I though it was [/ media]

Edited by DiamondCutter
  • Like 1

I'm not sure whether I'm anticipating this or MW3 more, both have their flaws with online. COD suffers from boosters in the worst way, while Battlefield has a lot of cheap tactics in play. Battlefield feels like a more unique experience every time out, whereas I feel like I've played the identical match in Black Ops 100 times. But matches in COD are oftentimes swift and don't require an absurd amount of communication between your team. So will I be playing Battlefield 3? Yes. But will I be getting it ahead of MW3? Only if GameFly sends it to me right away. Otherwise I'll be waiting a while, but the following of Battlefield means good, solid matches will be going on for a much longer span of time than the annual COD title.

This gets way more hype compared to MW3 for me. Never been disappointed with a Battlefield game. Put so many hours into 1942, BF2 and the BC's on consoles. All the game-play looks fucking phenomenal. Don't know what else to say other then I'm really looking forward to it and that it looks awesome. Will be picking it up for 360 so hopefully some EWB amigos will also pick it up.

Not interested in CoD, extremely interested in this. I like that it draws in a diverse crowd. I'm not the world's most accurate or gun shooter, I'm still finding my feet. But I'm good at being a medic and knowing when to sneak off to flank a group of opponents to ensure they all end up dead. I was too scared at first to play rush because I figured I would be a massive hindrance to my team, since I always get slaughtered in CoD. But the depth of this game allows you to quickly find your feet and become somewhat useful. Even if it's just hiding and spotting enemies for your more gifted team mates or finding a good place to camp and destroy any enemy tanks that roll past.

Yeah, it has a good learning curve for online, there is something for everyone. My most favourite thing EVAR in 1943 was to play as a sniper, lay down some explosives along a path and wait for a tank or a jeep to come along and then blow them up. Its not camping, its an ambush. Another fun thing was to find a jeep, cover it in your own explosives and then drive it into a tank or a group of enemies, jump out at the last second and then detonate to cries of 'WTF??!'

• 3 months later...

Well to bump this, the beta is out for those who got the medal of honor game bonus, work at game stop or have special connections before releases publicly in two days...anyone hyped to try it out?

Who else has the beta already as i would be down to squad up and play if they manage to fix the issues with squading into a game together.

And the Beta is now available to all on Xbox, PS3, and PC (through Origin). Downloading the PC Beta now, fingers crossed that my computer can run it after dumbing down the video settings.

Yep.

And unfortunately it doesnt look like Ill be getting it for PC. Even using the lowest possible option for each setting under video, the game doesnt seem to play all that well for me. At least, it doesnt play well enough for me to spend 60 bucks on it. Allows me to save some money for Revelations come November, though.

Man, I think the match I was on went kaput, but my team was kicking some ass. Really enjoy the gameplay and the feel of it, moreso than I did with Black Ops and it's just plain fun. Did ok my first match before it DCed me, was 20-10 or something like that, unlocked the ACOG scope for my rifle which was nice. Will definitely be playing this a LOT today and until the 10th of October.

Wow this is boring. I've played a few games on it now and it's just... eh. It's near impossible to find anyone without the Sniper rifle which is supremely over powered and I'm sure when the full copy is out and Team Deathmatch is an option, I'd be more interested, but wow, Rush was boring as hell. And what's up with the sights being so god awful? I can barely see anyone with any of them, not that you can really see anyone anyway. And man, you die in seconds, it's awful. It's just a case of who happens to spot who first.

Definitely not the Call of Duty killer it's hyped to be, not for me at least. I think I enjoyed Medal of Honor more than I did this.