The Carling Cup 2011/12 Thread

Starvinho

Nothing official, but few rumours floating around it's set to be 6-9 months :( We've recalled Shelvey from his loan at Blackpool and John Flanagan (fullback that played a handful of games last season) was used as a defensive midfielder for the reserves yesterday, so I don't think it'll be a short term thing.

Yeah, he's officially out for the season now. :(

It saddens me so much I posted it both in this and the Premier League thread. Lucas is awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ramage, McCarthy, Gardner, Parr, Zaha, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Ambrose, Martin, Murray.

Subs: Price, Wright, Garvan, Scannell, Easter, O'Keefe, Andrew.

Cardiff: Heaton, McNaughton, Hudson, Turner, Taylor, Cowie, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Mason, Miller.

Subs: Marshall, Kiss, Gerrard, Earnshaw, Conway, Blake, McPhail.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

• Admin

Half time. Palace up 1-0.

Palace goal: Erm, what was I saying about Cardiff keeper Tom Heaton? Again, he comes rushing off his line to try to punch clear a Darren Ambrose free-kick, but Kagisho Dikgacoi gets there first to send the ball looping towards the goal, where Anthony Gardner is in the right place to turn it over the line.

I watched the game tonight and it was dreadful, but I knew that if I turned it over, it would've finished 4-3 <_<

Neither team could put more than three passes together along the deck before lumping it long, awful stuff to watch. City and 'Pool can't do any worse than this tomorrow, especially as I probably won't be able to watch it.

Liverpool team to face Man City:

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Downing, Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Bellamy, Carroll. Subs: Doni, Enrique, Coates, Kuyt, Carragher, Adam, Shelvey.

He'll certainly give him better supply than when he's not playing.

Man City team - Hart and Balotelli start but no Silva. Kompany is suspended and the Touré's at the Cup of Nations. So it's a going to be a bit dfferent than last week at an rate.

25 Hart

02 Richards

06 Lescott

15 Savic

22 Clichy

07 Milner

11 Johnson

18 Barry

34 De Jong

16 Aguero

45 Balotelli

Substitutes

30 Pantilimon,

05 Zabaleta,

13 Kolarov,

24 Onuoha,

19 Nasri,

20 Hargreaves,

10 Dzeko

Silva's not been the orchestrator that he was back in October anyway, not that he's not been good, but he hasn't been a game changer since then really. But if Aguero puts in the performance he did against United, I can see it being tough for Liverpool. But I still expect City to come out of this with a win.