Haye vs. Klitschko

Baddar

From what I've seen of Haye he doesn't seem that much of a dick, I mean you expect a boxer to be a bit cocky and arrogant. Hope he wins but I think Klitschko will win, probably on points.

I expect cocky and arrogant but if you want to do that and be likeable you have to have at least some character or class to your personality. Hayes a complete prick, and he's done a cracking job of making me buy a PPV to hopefully see him get an absolute pasting, which looking at his England shirt wearing pandering bollocks wasn't what he was aiming for.

Maybe it is what he wanted Colly?

For me it's classic pro-wrestling 101: They are in Gemany, where Klitschko is popular, so he's 'heeling it up'. They might even both be in on it to drive up buys for the PPV?

That said it annoys me seeing him do it. I prefer sportsmen representing our country to be a bit more respectful? I'd kinda like to see a British guy unifying the belts, would be good for British boxing, but wouldn't be too upset to see Klitschko "shut the heel's mouth" in proper pro-wrestling storytelling!

If it's not all one big hype-fest that they are all in-on then I think the taunting by Haye could backfire badly. All the pressure will be on him and he's given plenty of ammo to Klischko to motivate himself to take him apart in the ring!

Believe it or not I almost wrote something about it being a perfect heel buildup, and that he'd managed to convince me to buy a PPV based entirely on wanting to see him get a kicking, but it meandered and got confusing so I deleted it! You've summed it up though, he's not a cool heel playing a part very well, he's a real life wanger.

I want Haye to win because I love the cockiness. I think a bit of showmanship is necessary in boxing. I like Klitschko too though, so I won't be too upset if he wins. And I also agree that you don't necessarily have to cheer for the person representing your country. In team sports you do though. If you cheer for other teams in team sports, you're a knob :shifty:

Good boxing fights need a good guy and a bad guy. Klitschko is seemingly a nice enough and well spoken guy despite apparently demanding tat the fight be in Germany (where any points decision will go to him) or nowhere and wanting more money out of it.

Klitchsko was happy to fight in England but only if it was in a stadium which was why they were trying to get Stamford Bridge for ages but couldn't so its in Germany.

I want Haye to win, I like him being cocky. Ali was one cocky bastard. If it gets yourself motivated and hyped up as a fighter then why not otherwise everyone would be dull as fuck, boxing and other sports need characters like Haye cause you either like them or you don't its seen in UFC with people like Tito Ortiz, Bisping, Koscheck etc.

Haye needs to win in the opening 6 rounds otherwise it'll go to Klitchsko. The thing I like about Haye is he has a good game plan, he's got the speed advantage and he does have some power....but so does Klitchsko especially when it comes to his big jab followed by the right hand.

The ring walk for the Valuev fight took the piss. What with him having some really god awful band playing his entrance music for ages and then taking him 10 minutes to walk down. Still it was funny how Haye had some crappy side entrance bit while Valuev gets a big massive stage and ramp.

Rooting for Haye all day long. Feel the result will come down to his gameplan/strategy though. He really cant afford to let Klitschko clinch and rest on him for large amounts of the fight, otherwise he's in trouble. Hoping he can use his big speed advantage and take this one. Most of all, after so much hype, I'm just praying it's a good fight.