The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Do the Marlies do any better? (Legitimate question.)

Putting teams in suburbs rarely seems to work. See Mississauga or Brampton in the OHL, or even Phoenix in the NHL as we were discussing here a few days ago. Ottawa Senators can get away with playing in Kanata because it's Ottawa and there's nothing else to do there.

Well, the game I went to (Round 1, Game 2) was completely sold out. From the other games I've seen/caught clips of, it seems pretty full (atleast the platinum sections). Abbottsford is litterly 90-95% empty seats.

Though this may be purely due to 'OMG PLAYOFF HOCKEY IN TORONTO?!' fever.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Vancouver fans have never been happy paying taxes to subsidize the arena where Calgary Flames prospects play. The building is usually empty and the team loses a massive amount of money every year.

Don't look at me, everyone in this area said it was a bad idea from the start but the Flames went ahead with it anyway.

I think the Devils might be trying to send Brodeur out with one more Cup.

Destiny?

I think so too, but it's gonna be tough for them, cause getting past either the Rangers or the Caps is something I don't see them being able to do.

But right now, LA is my pick to win it all.

If they can beat Philly they can beat the Caps. The Caps don't impress me, they're basically Philly except their goalie has decided to show up for the time being. He's not going to be unbeatable forever, though.

The Rangers are an actual good team so they'd probably have the edge.

If they can beat Philly they can beat the Caps. The Caps don't impress me, they're basically Philly except their goalie has decided to show up for the time being. He's not going to be unbeatable forever, though.

The Rangers are an actual good team so they'd probably have the edge.

I think The Caps got the edge on Jersey, especially if they knock out the Rangers.

But for right now, I'm just enjoying seeing Philly blow it. It's funny, a lot of people thought they were going to march ahead to the finals after they knocked out Pittsburgh, saying how unbeatable they were, and now they're down 3-1 against Jersey, who are a talented team, but that most people thought they wouldn't have too much trouble putting away.

Just keep in mind that as bad as they look now, they make the Pens look even worse. :D

Also, LA Kings Twitter sent out this video. They trollin!