The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Woohoo Danny! Mr Playoff!

Guest mr. potato head

You can't stop Quebec!

A winning team is the one thing that could rally fans and create a business case for keeping the team in Phoenix, so really every Coyotes win IS stopping Quebec.

You can't stop Quebec!

A winning team is the one thing that could rally fans and create a business case for keeping the team in Phoenix, so really every Coyotes win IS stopping Quebec.

The Coyotes have been doing decently well for the past few seasons, shouldn't that be enough for the fans?

I'm sure that, even if they won the cup, midway through next season they'd still have difficulty selling out the arena.

Guest mr. potato head

You can't stop Quebec!

The Coyotes have been doing decently well for the past few seasons, shouldn't that be enough for the fans?

I'm sure that, even if they won the cup, midway through next season they'd still have difficulty selling out the arena.

Guess that depends on your definition of "decently well". First round of the playoffs is nothing. More teams make it there than don't.

I dunno. Denver only worked so well because the team was so good. Dallas drew in the late 90s/early 2000s for the same reason. LA in the Gretzky years. I don't think there's a single NHL market that won't support a top team, as opposed to a flash-in-the-pan like Florida in '96.

Guest mr. potato head

Isn't the bigger problem with Phoenix that their arena is in the middle of nowhere?

Can't be that much of a problem, fans are somehow flocking to an arena that's in Winnipeg :/

So keeping with the "racially insensative hockey fans" thing...THIS gem was spotted at the Flyers game

156587_10150805633329049_163998194048_9439927_1170825308_n.jpg

• Like 1

Isn't the bigger problem with Phoenix that their arena is in the middle of nowhere?

Can't be that much of a problem, fans are somehow flocking to an arena that's in Winnipeg :/

At least that arena is in Winnipeg. The Yotes' attendance plummeted when they moved out of Phoenix into Glendale.

Bullshit interference call on Richards for Ovie's game winner. Of course, Ovies winner came after a faceoff win/real interference from Backstrom. I guess it was Rangers turn to hit the post on a near comeback.