NHL 12

Mr. X

Well if this means there will be a few Make a Wish kids in the game i will have to tank some stats for sure.

Personally i don't have qualms with MaW children being added because it's a noble thing to do, but really having them at 99 overall and them leading the Flyer's attacking 3 annoys me quite a bit.

But nothing what a minute of stat editing can't fix.

• Like 1

Bought it. Jumped into practice. Coming to '12 from the 2K sports games.

...these controls are fucking weird. Genuinely didn't realise RT wasn't sprint for a while so I wondered why my guy was just randomly shooting in the wrong directions.

OK, so I'm changing these. Why the fuck there isn't a proper manual I don't know.

Jesus, I'm really not enjoying this. With 'Classic' controls, I can't sprint or do a bunch of other stuff.

Stick with the controls, once you get the skating down, you'll find it's a lot easier to use both analogs, and the R's & L's. Do some 1 on 1 drills, then do 2 on 1 and work on passing and one-timers.

Rightly so? Woo! Now I have to pause it and take the time to leaf through a virtual manual when I forget something rather than look at it because it's in the manual right there next to me. It's already annoying me, not least because in a 3-on-2 offensive rush practice, it's currently 33-2 to the defensive side. This is fucking brutal.

When I first booted up the game they took me through everything.. I can't remember if it was before or after, but probably before they took you straight into the Winter Classic.

I think you can access it from the game modes menu - but I don't know if it's the same one that the game is SUPPOSED to start you out with.