The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Pulisic looked FANTASTIC ... and Arriola looked good too in his 20+ minutes. 

And uh ... 3  healthy ST at the same time?  HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME .... Altidore and Wood were GREAT together (Jozy REALLY playing well as a hold up guy) and Morris coming on with that speed and fresh legs?  YES PLEASE.

I do have to say though, that while I've been defending him for the longest time .... unless Bradley is set to sit in the middle third and just box to box it all game ... he needs to get out of our midfield.

See, I actually thought Wood and Jozy were poor together. They didn't link up very well, and Wood really struggled to have an impact in the game. Jozy though, man, he looked good. Him and Pulisic both impressed me with their defensive work rate.

The Mexico game naturally has to be in Columbus, which is about a six hour drive for me. Yeah, I'm fucking doing it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

See, I actually thought Wood and Jozy were poor together. They didn't link up very well, and Wood really struggled to have an impact in the game. Jozy though, man, he looked good. Him and Pulisic both impressed me with their defensive work rate.

The Mexico game naturally has to be in Columbus, which is about a six hour drive for me. Yeah, I'm fucking doing it.

I think their issues were merely due to lack of being on the field at the same time, like EVER ... Wood likes to cut in and bum rush the goal (and can do it) while Jozy can sit at the pen spot/top of the box and hold with his back to the goal ... that is a PERFECT combination.  They just need time together.  Add to that a guy like Pulisic that overlaps (and Johnson that can scream up from the back) .... woah mama that can be dangerous.

Also Szumi, I looked it up ... when I get to Aberdeen I'll be 61m away from Talen Energy Stadium.  It may not be this year, but next year ... we have to catch a match together!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Very awful first half. No idea why Klinnsman decided to change formation and play a back three, especially meaning a half fit Jones being a part of a central midfield two. Pathetic set up. 

Losing Howard to injury makes my heart sad :(

Wow... Lost the fucking match because no one marked the fucking back post on an 88th minute set piece. Fucking ridiculous.

The second half was so much better being 442. But missed chances. Gonzo wasting an open header on a corner, Bradley selfishly shooting when all he had to do was square Wood for a 1 v 1. Gutted with how we threw this match away, especially with away to Costa Rica next :(

• 2 weeks later...