Football Manager 2012

Lineker

So having played about with the new features on various different games, I've settled on a Man Utd game. Joint top with City after 9 games - all is going well. Only player I've brought in is Eden Hazard who has been an utter beast thus far. Currently we are unbeaten in all but the charity shield.

Just got a weird bug though. Playing Birmingham in the league cup. 1-0 up at half time, no problems. Then 2 minutes into the second half Fabio smashes one in from 30 yards, but the scorer comes up on the overview as Hernandez. Next highlight Macheda flashes a shot harmlessly wide, score changes to 2-1 with Marlon King credited a goal. Hernandez then made it 3-1 from another 'ghost' goal... after that it seemed to go back to normal. Not really sure what happened. It seemed as if the game lost track of which highlights it was supposed to be showing.

All in all though, thoroughly enjoying it so far. The interface is much slicker than it has been in recent years, though I do think the new team talk system makes it a tad too easy on morale.

Tottenham Hotspurs - 2012 Premiership and Europa League champions!

100 points in the league (and United still managed to take me to the last game of the season!). Oh, and I took Great Britain to Olympic glory. Loving this game.

Started the season brightly with West Brom getting 7 points out of 9. Then came Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Tottenham - where I've got 1 point out of 12. Fuck having those four in a row. Also, fuck having both Odemwingie and Long out of form - I thought that would be the only area of the squad I wouldn't need to work on, but both of them have only one goal in the league each.

I just got this game w00t.gif

Orient are top of the league, Febian Brandy as usual banging in the goals until he got injured, but Le Bald is scoring, so that is good.

A tip for lower league managers, try looking thru the national teams of the Caribbean because some of the French and Netherlands West Indies have decent players not attached to a club and they have EU nationalities, so no work permit!

Is there no way to get the players' form/average rating/similar onto the Tactics screen when you're setting up for a match? There are a bajillion different columns I can insert but they don't seem to be amongst them. This is annoying, as it was useful to see on FM11...

Is there no way to get the players' form/average rating/similar onto the Tactics screen when you're setting up for a match? There are a bajillion different columns I can insert but they don't seem to be amongst them. This is annoying, as it was useful to see on FM11...

The selection drop down?

Semi finals here we go!

First leg, at PSG. Ended 3 - 2. Lewis was sensational between the sticks. Gabby scored our second in the last 5 minutes. Two away goals was good.

We had Everton, rested some players, lost 1 - 0.

Second leg, missing some huge key players. 44th minute, they injure Afellay. Kalou comes on. 82nd minute. Lewis GK, smashes it upfield. Gabby and Sakho go for it, ball goes backwards, over the fullback, Kalou races onto it. Edge of the box, keeper comes out, HUGE lob. The ball is so high, it dips down, right under the bar, keeper is back but can't keep it out. 1 - 0 on the night. Hold on and the away goals see us through. 6 minutes, then added time of 4, to survive. Backs to the wall defence, every time we get the ball, we play it to Gabby or Albrighton who race up the wings to get the ball out and waste some more time. 93rd minute. We have a corner. An injured Hargreaves takes it, falls to N'Zonzi unmarked. Hits it at goal, but it's saved and falls to Petrov. He slots it past the keeper to make it 2 - 0 and see us through in style to meet Madrid in the semi's. Ronaldo, bring it.

This Steam really pisses me off, my internet connection is being a bit crappy, so Steam isn't loading, trying to switch to offline mode whilst loading, won't let me. All I want to do is play my fucking game I bought. Have to say, not a fan at all.

I should be able to just load a stand alone game of FM surely?

EDIT: Just realised, I can disconnect internet and start it. :blush: Still, don't like it. :shifty:

Having the most distinctly average season with Cardiff, half way through sitting in 12th and some 8 point behind the play-offs. Very frustrating, signed McEachran and Frimpong on loan, thought they'd help out, turns out they haven't really. Wanted to get them up in one attempt, most inconsistent team I've ever managed on an FM game!

Edited by Gooner27