Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Just started a game with all European leagues loaded, and my first gig is at Barcelona "B". First day in, and Barca call up a ton of my players, leaving me with the trash as well as some greyed out kids. My managerial debut ended a 5-0 loss. At home. To Villareal's kids.

I promptly quit like a pussy, and joined Mansfield. Game on!

Ironically, my first game has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. >_<

Edited by Ryan Hughes

I asked this ages ago, during my Forest game I think. The answer was that you can only have two of them do it (You can't do what Summ suggests, because the players' settings are auto-paired).

Some arrangement of the Philosophy and/or Roaming settings on the Team Instructions page must help though, surely...

I asked this ages ago, during my Forest game I think. The answer was that you can only have two of them do it (You can't do what Summ suggests, because the players' settings are auto-paired).

Some arrangement of the Philosophy and/or Roaming settings on the Team Instructions page must help though, surely...

Bother. Thanks for the advice though, I already play quite fluidly but I'll tell them to roam around a bit more as well.

This is a summary of my Brazilian defender Raphael Branco's time at Brighton under my management.

August: Rots in the reserves.

September: Complains about feeling homesick. I agree to let him take a break and go back to Brazil.

October: Returns to the club, insisting his homesickness is cured. Literally the day after this, he comes to me to complain about homesickness again. Once again, I let him go back to Brazil.

November: Returns again, saying he'll be fine now. He then contracts food-poisoning. As soon as he's got over that, he complains, this time to the media, of this relapsing homesickness.

December: I sell him to an Italian Serie C club for five pounds.

• Like 3

I have a player in my Croation Second Division team who I want to get rid of to control the wage budget, plsu he's desperate to leave. After months I finally find someone who's willing to take him on loan and pay all his wages, and after two weeks of negotiations, turns them down.

Then a few days later he moans at me for not finding him a new club. :mellow:

I've signed Rivaldo! Outside of his jumping and balance his physical stats range from 3-5! I haven't started the league yet because the game crashed. :(

How much of a challenge is a Bristol Rovers game? Consider that I rarely play outside of the Premiership or Championship :shifty:

I started a game with them a while ago. You don't have any money to bolster the squad as expected, and it's quite shit (especially the left and right back positions need depth IIRC). Still, I think you can win League Two with almost every team with some wheelin' and dealin' on the transfer market. Bristol Rovers is a decent challenge. But I say go with Northampton Town so you can have the BEAST that is Akinfenwa :w00t:

Restarted my Bayern game. Generally not going as well this time; The previously prolific Gomez and loan signing Daniel Sturridge aren't scoring at all this time around and more worryingly I'm picking up insane levels of injuries during games. At least once per match, I had three injuries in one half in one game.

Why I dislike Backroom Advice meetings:

"Dermot Drummy advises scouting 27 year-old Ivorian left winger Salomon Kalou, who could really add something to the team."

I don't need to scout him, thanks. I only sold him six months ago. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The injuries keep mounting up. Seriously, WTF? My training workload is only medium. Am I just being unlucky? Or am I doing something else obviously wrong?