Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I always have about 2/3 games running one where I am a good team (my Chelsea save) one in which I'm a crap team (my Stockport save in where I have reached my peak in just basically hovering around upper midtable in League one which is pretty depressing) then just a random unemployed game.

In the starting of unemployed I managed to get the Indepediente job and the only player I have any clue about is Gabriel Milito and no one wants to join, none of the players can understand my team talks and I can't get anyone in on loan or on free transfers so that's pretty interesting.

Oh, I knew they were there. But I was going to deal with them at the end of the season if promotion was not achieved.

Turns out, they were activated at the end of last season, when I wasn't manager.

Due to my ManU/Ireland save fucked up atm, started a new game with Ajax. Theo Janssen started the season great, 5 games, 2 goals, 6 assists and avr of 8.35 (was top of the league and still is). Then this happened:

2012012200001v.jpg

Awesome.

Had a game against Real Madrid in UCL first group stage. On 10th minute after late tackle from Pepe lost Siem de Jong for 8 to 10 months. Pepe is a dick in FM too it seems?

Drew the game 1-1 away, Amanatidis scored on 61st minute and Madrid drew level after a corner following a mistake from Aras Özbisil and a beautiful 30 yard strike from Callejon. Without Vermeer in goal tho, the numbers would have been far worse. Far worse. Real won the shots 25-3, 13-2 shots on target and couple of close calls when they hit the woodwork.

Finland won Netherlands 2-0 with Jami Puustinen scoring both goals and Finland without Tomi Maanoja, Jukka Lehtovaara or Otto Fredriksson in goal. They called up Magnus Bahne which turned out to be a good choice :D

West Brom beating Chelsea 4 - 0 in my game and then go on to be routed by Wigan 6 - 1... somethings not quite right there...

Although on the subject of big teams being in weird league positions, I remember one game I had as Plymouth on like FM09 or 08 where Chelsea, Arsenal and United were 11th, 12th and 13th respectively in April... it was weird...

Somebody recommend me a lower Premiership or Championship team that is a bit of a challenge, I've got quite bored of my Villa game where I seem to have hit the peak of 2nd place and can't get beyond that without bankrupting the club, I signed Bale and Gotze because both their teams were underperforming and their agents offered them to me and destroyed myself in the process by spending more than the club had.

I'm going to plump for Coventry I think, see what I can do there, they're in League 2 in my current game :S

First thoughts, 3 players outfor 3 to 4 months and Freddy Eastwood out for 2 months... eep. 30k to spend and 5k to manouevre with in the wage budget means loans will be top of my agenda! Going to focus the team around Clingan, McSheffrey and Jutkiewicz I think.

Edited by Sam

Jay DeMerrit and Darron Gibson have gone down with injury. The Gold Cup is on and we've lost mostly our Canadians and Juan Agueldo.

Although we're still not far off the play offs and in a wilcard slot!

Also I sold Jarju to make way for Koné but still am over the salary cap. Not that it seems to be mattering. Seems the MLS salary cap is more a suggestion than anything. :shifty:

I'm going to plump for Coventry I think, see what I can do there, they're in League 2 in my current game :S

First thoughts, 3 players outfor 3 to 4 months and Freddy Eastwood out for 2 months... eep. 30k to spend and 5k to manouevre with in the wage budget means loans will be top of my agenda! Going to focus the team around Clingan, McSheffrey and Jutkiewicz I think.

This plan lasted all of 15 days.... sold Jutkiewicz for 1.5 million to Wolves, don't actually know if that's a good or a bad deal...